Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I don't understand players that values current content and nothing else, like if "old" content never existed ... in that regard the new expansion can't dictate if we stop or continue playing ... also we can't compare the game with GW2/FF14, those games are completely different... personally I still prefer old world content to Gw2/FF14 from what I've played.
    Old content doesn't really progress your character unless you're leveling an alt, and WoW has, since TBC at least, been a character progression-driven game. FFXIV does a better job keeping old content relevant because you can switch classes on the fly with the same character, and need to level each class anew, which lets one form an attachment to their character (helping immersion) while also giving players more incentive to rerun old content, keeping it relevant without forcing going through every raid on new players before they go into Heavensward content.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I think you guys are overestimating the importance of WoW to Blizzard. There's a reason they've been placing an emphasis on games like Hearthstone and Overwatch.
    Aren't the overwhelming majority of Blizz's profits from WoW?

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I think you guys are overestimating the importance of WoW to Blizzard. There's a reason they've been placing an emphasis on games like Hearthstone and Overwatch.
    This expansion is the most important announcement to World of Warcraft in it's history. Also to the Warcraft IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Cataclysm could excuse its light endgame because they also completely redid 1-60. Warlords doesn't have that excuse.
    Also two new races and a profession.

Deleted
    If this one will go wrong. I predict the Blizzard HQ Raid 2015.

15+ Year Old Account
    I came back into WoD after quitting, but that was down to just fannying about in PvP. If this expansion does not impress me then its curtains for wow in this household.

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    An AU Azeroth expansion would be an enormous disaster for WoW. If Blizz had executed AU Draenor well then they might have been able to do an AU Azeroth but considering how poorly received much of WoD has been they need to leave AU stuff alone for a long, long time.

I agree with the OP, this expansion is absolutely vital for WoW. It needs to be a home-run. My personal hope is that we don't see too much knee-jerk reaction design (e.g: all dailies all the time to pretty much no dailies.) I would like to see variety come back into the game: dailies for those that like them, mob grinds for those that want them, alternative methods of resource gathering and profession advancement (locking the advancement of professions behind the garrison was really poor design.)
    Yeah I still don't understand what the hell is going on. They said don't worry wod isn't about timetravel just enjoy the story. No it's much more confusing than timetravel. Have we accomplished anything at all? When we go back outland is still outland and nothing has changed. I've always cared more about character progression than story progression but this story is utterly pointless. It's like getting a new Lord of the Rings movie where Gandalf just stays at home cooking and cleaning for 3 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that this is absolutely the case for me. It better be good or I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Nope but nice attack on a player instead of the argument. A very small population of players have been demanding demon hunters. Pandering is bad when you CHANGE the game to suit terrible players or loud mouthed minorities of the gaming community.
    I didn't 'attack' you. I addressed your post. You basically named every single feature added to WoW that you didn't like as 'pandering'. You just give the clear impression that as long as a feature doesn't please you, i.e. does not 'pander' to you, then it's 'pandering' and therefore it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yeah I still don't understand what the hell is going on. They said don't worry wod isn't about timetravel just enjoy the story. No it's much more confusing than timetravel. Have we accomplished anything at all? When we go back outland is still outland and nothing has changed. I've always cared more about character progression than story progression but this story is utterly pointless. It's like getting a new Lord of the Rings movie where Gandalf just stays at home cooking and cleaning for 3 hours.
    The problem is that they used "Blades of grass" as their fallback immediately once fans realized that this Draenor has very little in common with the Draenor of the main timeline other than names. Characterizations were wildly changed, both for individuals and entire clans, zones were renamed just for the sake of change, and retcons that make the TBC draenei retcon seem nuanced were aplenty.

They very obviously didn't care about the lore behind Draenor, only in making a #savage storyline that would make Rob Liefeld proud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think this is going to be a make or break expansion for a lot of the players of this game. For the most part I think people just stuck around through ups and downs but after WoD's end game (Facebook game) and the 6.1 patch, a lot of that loyalty from the playerbase has been broken down.

Thursday, this is going to be the most important expansion announcement in the history of World of Warcraft and it's going to dictate whether this game can win back loyalty or make the decision to go to FF14 or GW2 much easier.
    Not really no, I'd like to return, but with the current state of the game and everything being reduced to facebook interactions and "game play", or do this raid, but do it 4x getting the same stuff with slightly higher stats and a different color I will never return.

To me Blizzard could announce The Emerald Dream or a South Seas expansion, and I'd still not return because the game is still not going to change it's structure of content.., on top of this, if people take Blizzards word for fact on announcement and what is actually released when it's time, they do deserve to be buttfucked for the coming 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I can confirm that this is absolutely the case for me. It better be good or I'm out.
    Pretty much, I'm already out until the next expansion (2+months now) but this time around I don't care how awesome it looks...how many glowing "reviews" it gets in beta ... I WILL NOT buying the next expansion until at least 2-4 weeks after launch to see if it is actually worth the time - there might be nothing that could bring me back though as I'm having too much fun in a "WoW clone" that is 100x more entertaining (FF14...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think this is going to be a make or break expansion for a lot of the players of this game.
    I think WoD was the make or break expansion for a lot of players.

Deleted
    People said that after Cataclysm.
    People said that after we got the Pandaren.
    People are saying it now.

Always the same.

Yes they really need to blow my mind with this announcement or I'm taking my money elsewhere. I'm currently enjoying the shit out of FFXIV and I hope it keeps going when I reach max lvl. Heck I've even been enjoying Rift more than WoW the last month or two. I login to raid because I have to, not because I want to. I don't even care if we kill Archimonde or not, I killed him like 6 years ago already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzs View Post

Always the same.
    Worth noting that they've regularly hemorrhaged subscribers in all three cases. Coming from someone who loved MoP, it was still very much make or break for a number of players, and that number is only exacerbating as time goes by and they continue to lose touch with the audience.

Always the same.
    I guess there is some truth to that.

I may just be speaking from personal experience. However, I think WoD in general had the most player losses ever so this might be ever so slightly more important overall.

I actually have more hope for blizzard going forward, I feel as though they have finally decided to stop trying to please the perpetually malcontent rectal cancer that is every crying little bitch on forums everywhere. And that is a good thing, let those who are unhappy leave and the game will continue to thrive. I eagerly await the announcement on Thursday and having no expectations or feeling of entitlement I know I won't be disappointed.

Always the same.
    Agreed. There is always someone crying wolf. The problem with crying wolf is that when the wolf comes, no one believes it. Which would be you right now no? WOD has been the most disastrous expansion in the franchise. From a tech release standpoint, from a content standpoint and from a sub loss standpoint. So now that we are actually act the worst, and people are yelling about it, they are kind of right. They were just over-reacting before and now folks such as yourself put no creedence to it.

Wow isnt going back to the good old days, for me thats the original game and the first 2 expansions. I dont think they can break the trend in this next one, the trend being more solo focused casual content. Group and social interactions in game are not really worth the effort these days since you can blow past almost all the content with randoms without saying a word.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Agreed. There is always someone crying wolf. The problem with crying wolf is that when the wolf comes, no one believes it. Which would be you right now no? WOD has been the most disastrous expansion in the franchise. From a tech release standpoint, from a content standpoint and from a sub loss standpoint. So now that we are actually act the worst, and people are yelling about it, they are kind of right. They were just over-reacting before and now folks such as yourself put no creedence to it.
    Yeah, great point.