Poll: which filler spell do you prefer?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadowbolt or Drain Soul

which filler spell do you prefer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow bolt with the old nightfall procs.

I still don't even know the rationale behind taking shadow bolt away. I don't really follow it too closely though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I still don't even know the rationale behind taking shadow bolt away. I don't really follow it too closely though.
    Dot class...channeled dot spell fits better to the class design...blabla.

Actually I'd take shadowbolt with the NF procs back any day. Preferably together with dot snapshotting and the old / larger set of dots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    Dot class...channeled dot spell fits better to the class design...blabla.

Actually I'd take shadowbolt with the NF procs back any day. Preferably together with dot snapshotting and the old / larger set of dots.
    Yeah I can see that although I personally just like how shadow bolt felt when compared to drain soul. Pretty sure I just liked being able to spam the key it was bound to rather than watching ticks on a cast bar then recasting somewhere around the last tick. Its a pretty ADHD reason but it is what it is. I also preferred snapshotting and pre-mop warlock outside of demo in general.

Malefic Grasp, honestly. I don't have a problem with a channeled spell as filler. But I do find it silly and lame that our execute spell is still the same spell as the filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Malefic Grasp, honestly. I don't have a problem with a channeled spell as filler. But I do find it silly and lame that our execute spell is still the same spell as the filler.
    So only pressing A above 20% and only B below 20% isnt silly?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    '

The rational was that a lot of warlocks repeatedly said they didn't like using Shadow Bolt as a filler and wanted a channeling spell.

Having shadow bolt as the filler got a lot of hate back in the day (although part of that was because it was classified as a Destruction spell), so it's kind of funny to see everyone now saying they want shadow bolt back as the filler.

I've always hated that they removed shadow bolt for affliction. Would love to see it come back. Channeling drain soul has always seemed too shadow priesty to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    So only pressing A above 20% and only B below 20% isnt silly?
    It's ever so slightly more interesting than just spamming the one button, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

The only thing I dont like about Drain Soul is how much it throttles dots. Id rather the dot throttling get scaled down or removed but I do think channeled spells feel better on a dot class than direct damage spells. Though if they changed it back to Shadowbolt I wouldn't really care.

I definitely prefer the channel, I just wish it did direct dmg and wasn't tied to the dots the way it is.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, SB filler still had the throttling mechanism with it in the form of Shadow's Embrace, but that was a better form because we weren't neutered when we had to move...still got the benefit of the SE stacks for our dots so long as we refreshed it before it fell off(can't remember the duration of SE, 5-10 sec maybe)...DS is either a hard yes/no on the dot buff. If DS left a debuff on the target for, say, 5 sec only, it wouldn't be near as punishing for movement and damage on the move. Another benefit of SB and SE stack debuff on the target was that a good Afflock could have SE stacks rolling on multiple targets at one time, where-as now we have to chose only one target that gets the damage modifier to our dots. Just my 2cents.

70% don't remember that Shadowbolt doesn't benefit from Mastery.

Everyone ok having 45% of your damage wrapped up in a 2.5 cast that only scales with Haste/Crit? Want your DoT enhancers dependent on maintaining individual target debuffs on a 15-20 second timer with said filler?

I remember that and it wasn't that elegant of a solution.

7+ Year Old Account
    ,I don't get why people would prefer shadowbolt. It's a weak spell with a long cast time, and if you move while casting a shadowbolt it's a total waste, if you interrupt a channel at least it wasn't a total waste. The only thing good about it was nightfall procs. I wouldn't mind seeing it brought back with ds still being the main filler and sbolt only being used when it procs instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't dislike Drain Soul, but I think Shadow Bolt meant for a much better feeling when entering the execute, the change up to the rotation made it feel much more meaningful.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowbolt, cause i'm a romantic old fart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    70% don't remember that Shadowbolt doesn't benefit from Mastery.

Everyone ok having 45% of your damage wrapped up in a 2.5 cast that only scales with Haste/Crit? Want your DoT enhancers dependent on maintaining individual target debuffs on a 15-20 second timer with said filler?

I remember that and it wasn't that elegant of a solution.
    LOL man, LOL. You totally missed the point of this thread....

We obviously don't want a non scaling spell as filler, this thread is about which spell we would prefer CASTING as filler. Be it looks, feeling of rotation etc. We don't want Demo's shadowbolt as affliction.

As far as nightfall goes I would be happy with the return of some kind of bad luck help like it used to have. Going sometimes 1:30+ between nightfall procs is just painful.

Deleted
    drain soul will always be superior to shadowbolt due to the simple fact that drain soul is a channeled dot, if you channel it for 2 secs and you have to move, you get 2 secs worth of dmg, ifthat happens with shadowbolt then you've wasted your time, and with the encounter designs currently, drain soul will always be better.

i think its mainly just ppl being nostalgic and want the game to revert back to a time where the game was more exciting for them, but with that said, this thread is pretty pointless, coz shadowbolt isnt coming back, thank god, wonder if they want the return of imp soul fire as well.