Poll: Would you support a dictatorship that aligned with your views?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    it's tempting at times sure, but chances are it'll end up badly one way or another.

Yes I would. I would try to join their political military wing if they had one.

Hell no, because you never know when he will go Adolph Hitler on you, and say " PSYCH!! I'm a murderous socipath"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course I would. Hell I'd even support a dictatorship that had dramatically different views from my own if I got wealth and power out of it. Even if not, if I wasn't fucked over by it and got to just be a real dick to everyone, I'd support it. I'm really not that picky. I only even work within a soft liberal democracy because I am happy and my life is easy. I'm loyal to whatever benefits me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

A dictator would inherently conflict with my political views.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

7+ Year Old Account
    yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Since my vision includes a representative based limited form of government, I don't think it's possible to actually answer yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There cannot exist a dictatorship that aligns with my views, since my views prohibit dictatorship as a viable option for a state.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
    Suppose a dictator came to power in your country, and you agreed with the dictator on all the issues, and this dictator had the capacity to make all your desires on these issues come true.

Assume they are not crazy/evil. They just believe very strongly in how the country should be run, and are willing to use force as a last resort.

Would you support the dictator? Or would you be against them because they are a dictator?
    Dictators rarely leave force to being a 'last' resort... that said, no I would not support a dictator under any circumstance, because I can most assuredly say the only person that would share all my views would be a clone of myself.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Suppose a dictator came to power in your country, and you agreed with the dictator on all the issues, and this dictator had the capacity to make all your desires on these issues come true.

Assume they are not crazy/evil. They just believe very strongly in how the country should be run, and are willing to use force as a last resort.

Would you support the dictator? Or would you be against them because they are a dictator?
    No, I'm not crazy enough to actually believe that I know what's best for my country, I believe that we need opposing viewpoints in order to find the real answer, that is only possible with multiple people in power talking about the issues and together coming to a better conclusion than what either first had in mind.

A single mind will eventually stray from this non-crazy/evil path and go towards selfishness and greed, as all humans do when they get too much power in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Since my vision includes a representative based limited form of government, I don't think it's possible to actually answer yes.
    Sure it is. You just have to have a dictator who immediately gives up his power after forming a limited representative government.

Deleted
    I sure would.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what I'm generally reading here is "it's okay to enforce opinions unquestionably and with an iron fist, so far as they're my opinions."

People are so interesting.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'd wind up getting shot fighting against it.

Whenever you have an efficient government you have a dictatorship.
    ~Harry S Truman

10+ Year Old Account
    My views require the lack of a dictatorship, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

A competent, benevolent dictatorship is the best kind of government.

Since my views are pretty pro-democracy, I'm going to say that it just wouldn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    A competent, benevolent dictatorship is the best kind of government.
    True, up until their jackass son takes over and screws it all up. I am against any dictatorship. One person may have fantastic intentions, but it only takes a single successor to turn it into tyranny.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Would you support a dictatorship that aligned with your views?

Would they allow you to not support them?