Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

News for all you Diablo fans!

Blizzard are hiring:

! ART DIRECTOR, UNANNOUNCED PROJECT - DIABLO

! Indicates a particularly critical position.

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of the most epic games in the world, is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate art director to help develop Blizzard’s next hit game!

us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=15000KB

If it's for Diablo 4 and not just another expansion for the turd that is Diablo 3 then it's exciting.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt that too early for diablo 4?! i think its an xpac because its the perfect time after the first one.

Deleted
    Skovos Isles expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Labtecr View Post
    Skovos Isles expansion.
    Seems to be the most likely candidate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Isnt that too early for diablo 4?! i think its an xpac because its the perfect time after the first one.
    Definitely feels like Diablo 4 to me why would they not just advertise as Art Director for D3 instead of stating unannounced project wanting an art director to help develop Blizzard’s next hit game!

The guys at BlizzPro made a convincing argument:

diablo.blizzpro.com/2015/08/05/diablo-4-making/

7+ Year Old Account
    Soulstone: Heroes of Diablo

nah, not really

It's either D3 expansion or D4 (release date 2024).

Deleted
    to help develop Blizzard’s next hit game!
    That sounds like a brand new game within the Diablo IP (although doesn't necessarily mean D4) instead of just an xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzodagreat View Post
    Definitely feels like Diablo 4 to me why would they not just advertise as Art Director for D3 instead of stating unannounced project wanting an art director to help develop Blizzard’s next hit game!

The guys at BlizzPro made a convincing argument:

diablo.blizzpro.com/2015/08/05/diablo-4-making/
    Jesus, that website, my eyes hurt from reading that text. >.>

It does seem really soon for D4 though. The X3 could be possible, since we have no idea of what X2 will be or if we'll get one, it doesn't seem too likely either. Maybe it's just a new Diablo game, like HS was a warcraft game that wasn't tied to the RTS games or WoW. It could even just be a new art director, making the position crucial because they've been without one for a while.

I think it's way too early for a Diablo 4, especially when they can just release another expansion instead.

It seems more like a default stock post for a job that's meant to be hiring for something that's not announced yet, rather than an actual full blown game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it's a bot banwave along with a ladder reset for D2 or a D4 that stays true to the series, it aint news for Diablo fans.

Deleted
    World of Diablo(craft)

I'd like to see either this, or World of Starcraft.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    World of Diablo(craft)

I'd like to see either this, or World of Starcraft.
    Universe of Starcraft*

No way Diablo anything is going to save this sinking ship. With a loss of 1+ million subscriptions in 3 months, Activision is probably out for blood right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    No way Diablo anything is going to save this sinking ship. With a loss of 1+ million subscriptions in 3 months, Activision is probably out for blood right now.
    What? WoW isn't all of Blizzard, did you read the entire report?
    "Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Destiny combined now have more than 70 million registered players.
    Blizzard Entertainment had the largest online player community in its history, with Q2 MAUsB up 50% year-over
    Hearthstone engagement metrics nearly doubled year over year, largely on account of the new content and new platforms
    Diablo III has now sold-through over 30 million units life-to-date globally."

Destiny isn't Blizzard sure, but the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    Umm... The earnings call said this was the best Blizzard quarter to date with a massive increase in online activity across their brands. WoW is only a very small piece of the pie that is Blizzard.

Diablo III has now sold-through over 30 million units life-to-date globally."
    30 million? Multiply that by $50 a pop and you are talking about 1.5 billion dollars. I did not realize they made anywhere NEAR that much cash off of D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is, does that include the F2P version they're using in Asia? Because that would make the calculations a bit more tricky.

Also, that's not 1.5bil profit, you've got to take out all the costs first, which were probably pretty high. I doubt even 1/2 of that is profit.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Developers dont get the full amount of a sale they get 45% so 30M sales at 60 retail is 30Mx$27 which is $810M which is still a lot the next D3 expansion is push Diablo sales as a whole over $ 1 billion.

"It's too early for diablo 4" that doesn't make much sense to me. Is an art director only crucial to a games finishing stages? Aren't they very useful at the start of the developement or somewhere in the middle?