Building First Tower

Hello all,

Was looking for advice on my first build. I'm looking to spend ~$1500 on this and it's mostly for video editing and playing Wow, Hots, and Steam games. But my biggest thing is wanting to experience Wow and other games on max settings. I've also watched a few tutorials on overclocking and I'm interested in that too. The only thing I do have is an ASUS PA248 monitor.

So far I have:

ASUS ATX DDR4 3000 LGA 2011-3 Motherboards X99-DELUXE/U3.​1

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Graphics Cards

Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2x8GB DDR3 2400MHz PC3 19200 Desktop

Corsair CX Series 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 552 Power Supply CX850M

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7KE256BW)

WD Green 2TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5-inch, SATA 6 Gb/s, IntelliPower, 64MB Cache WD20EZRX

NZXT PHANTOM ATX Full Tower Case, Red PHAN-001RD

And still no cooling or CPU.

Keep in mind I haven't bought any of this and will definitely do some shopping on newegg/best buy/wherever to find best prices. Just curious if these are the components I should be looking at for a first timer.

I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Thanks.

Deleted
    For cooling I would recommend Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £92.83

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The western digital green series, while priced great, is a slow slow hard drive for processing the data you will be. It is the clear bottleneck in this system. I'd spend the extra money and upgrade to minimum the blue series but ideally the black series (top performer). Your 850W power supply is overkill for this system, you can drop down to 650W safely but if you like extra headroom you can go with the 750.

As for CPU pickup either the Intel i5 or i7. Preferably the i7 if budget permits since you will be doing video editing and will definitely see the performance boost from it.

If you plan on overclocking the Corsair H100 or H80 are great CPU coolers. But if you don't plan on overclocking the stock CPU cooler from Intel will suffice. Extra case fans never hurt.