Poll: what do you think?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Death Knights have been restricted to Human and Forsaken?

So, Demon Hunters are going to be limited to Night Elf and Blood Elf... Should Death Knights have taken the same route with Humans and Forsaken, being the main focus of the Lich King?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot more going into customizing the demon hunter's look than a deathknight. They will cite lore reasons, but I bet ultimately, they chose it to be just 2 races to save time on development. Kinda lazy really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    So, Demon Hunters are going to be limited to Night Elf and Blood Elf... Should Death Knights have taken the same route with Humans and Forsaken, being the main focus of the Lich King?
    Humans and Orcs*

Because they've always made up like 50-60% of both factions.

I don't like DHs being elf only, but it won't stop me from rolling one.

Imagine if Monks had been Pandaren only? *shudders*

The first Death Knights were Orcs, so not sure why you think they would be restricted to Humans and Undead.

No, because the original Death Knights were Orcs. Which isn't saying much since all they did was grab souls and shove them into human bodies. Just like with our DKs we were "great" heroes who were slayed and just brought back from the dead, that's it. There's really nothing super special with DKs.

As for Demon Hunters being only elves, I don't know. I doubt it's something that the other races couldn't learn, but the aspect that the Illdari were pretty much Illidans troops who were composed of Elves makes sense for it. But don't be surprised sometime down the line that the class opens up to more races.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Deleted
    The whole Demon Hunter thing is because of the lore, original DH were night elves.. and then illi trained belfs so...

If they had had more unique customization options maybe. I think the decision was based mostly on the fact that they're trying to stay true to the Illidan style DH. (horns, tattoos, hooves, I can appreciate that that takes work)

Death Knights have unique skins, blue glow eyes and frost breath so the customization is much easier

Besides with this mentality you get the 'only humans can be pallys, only Pandaren can be Monks, etc etc and it's more limiting than fun for everyone except lorenazis

I do think one more race per faction would've been smart though. Human, Orc could've been written in
    Last edited by bryroo; 2015-08-06 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    There's a lot more going into customizing the demon hunter's look than a deathknight. They will cite lore reasons, but I bet ultimately, they chose it to be just 2 races to save time on development. Kinda lazy really.
    You can't dismiss existing lore. They aren't making it up as they go along, its already written lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we get only Night Elves and Blood Elves because the Demon Hunter story line starts in the events of the Burning Crusade and there weren't any Pandaren, Worgen, Gnomes etc. working under Illidan's tutelage. In Wrath everyone got to be a Death Knight because the events were real time and it made more sense that way.
    Black Lives Matter

The presentation stated our demon hunters are from the group we saw at Black temple in BC that have been imprisoned for 10 years so it makes sense that only the elves can play them because Illidan only recruited elves.

Also they seem to have much more class specific customization then the Death Knights. letting everyone be Demon Hunters would water this down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Lazy would be create a story just explain why all races could be demon hunters and throw a fel tattoo skin to all.

This way they use established lore, develop it further and create nice customization for the demon hunters.

I wouldn't have mind, especially if they just made an entirely new model for the Death Knight. The fact that Forsaken and human Death Knights are different looking bothers me.

But if they wanted to add more, High Elves, Dwarves and Orcs could also make sense, with high elves being both alliance and horde.

It also doesn't prevent them adding in a feature in patch 7.2 or whatever where the existing DHs have begun training others in their ways. It kind of makes sense lorewise (Altho I hate that reason due to retcons and everything else that are possible) that during the initial onslaught the DHs just come out and kick ass rather than say 'Oh wait, you there Dwarf, let me cease my combat against the demonic hordes to teach you my ways.'

Later after the bosses are dead and it's farm-mode time then there can be a lull in the conflict to begin teaching even if just begins with a few NPCs scattered around Dalaran and the final unlock for more races coming much later on.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the lich King was scooping up the dead all over the place. Demon hunter's were on this new isle so lore wise it wouldn't make sense to have other races like them.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    No, the lich King was scooping up the dead all over the place. Demon hunter's were on this new isle so lore wise it wouldn't make sense to have other races like them.

I think the demon hunters on Azeroth training new initiates, makes more sense than Illidan's mia demon hunters joining us... these guys are the same people who committed evils in his name on Outland.

Also the Lich King scooping up the dead all over the place made no sense, since he didn't do that at all.

Voted for option 3: demon hunters shouldn't be limited to elves

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I think the demon hunters on Azeroth training new initiates, makes more sense than Illidan's mia demon hunters joining us... these guys are the same people who committed evils in his name on Outland.

Also the Lich King scooping up the dead all over the place made no sense, since he didn't do that at all.
    Even if you say "evils", before we showed up the Illidari forces were pretty much just fighting against the legion.

I thought it was going to be Human/Dwarf/Orc/Forsaken originally. I was quite disappointed when it wasn't since it was a "lore lol" moment. At this point it's 6 (?) years old so it doesn't matter much anymore.

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

exactly.. what it should be.. but nope gotta inflate puny elves numbers even more.. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Even if you say "evils", before we showed up the Illidari forces were pretty much just fighting against the legion.
    They weren't enslaving and killing the broken(you know... draenei)?

They weren't preparing to invade Azeroth(you know, cause illidan went insane after Arthas whooped dat ass)?