7+ Year Old Account

Survival Hunter Melee Weapons

Do you think we'll have access to more than just a "spear" or "polearm" as a survival hunter? I am hoping to be able to wield Thunderfury again omg.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Deleted
    Because Survival is becoming a melee spec for hunters, I can see them using all of the melee weapons they can equip, yes. So levelling Survival Hunters will probably be wielding staves, polearms, axes, swords...

Technically, you could wield Thunderfury again. Whether you should in regards to dps and whatnot is entirely different, however.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course the DPS factor might make it horrible, but it's more about the fun factor of being able to do it again, spamming wing clip haha.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

This just made me realize that I need to start reviewing all the polearms out there and collect me some transmogs for 7.0!

Nope; just the spear.

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/08/07/...dev-interview/

You obtain your Artifact early on in the Legion experience. This is the weapon you will use throughout the expansion. You will not get weapon drops in Legion. Something that wasn't mentioned during the reveal is that each Artifact has a number of Relic slots, which will determine its raw item stats (DPS, ilvl, etc.) and modifiers to the traits you've chosen, so the Artifact's stats will still improve as you defeat bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    This may be true of 100-110, but that doesn't mean lower level survival players wouldn't be able to use other weapons. What else would a survival hunter use below 100? So I am hoping we can use 1h swords again, so I can wield thunderfury again.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    This may be true of 100-110, but that doesn't mean lower level survival players wouldn't be able to use other weapons. What else would a survival hunter use below 100? So I am hoping we can use 1h swords again, so I can wield thunderfury again.
    Seeing as RIGHT NOW we can equip and use every weapon in the game accept 1h and 2h maces and wands why would they change that? I think that just like before MoP 2h will have an advantage because of slower attack speed and higher stats. Dual Wielding might be interesting with the new secondary stats tho.

Tbh if these artifact weapons are supposed to be all powerful, will there be any need for weapons to drop from bosses/quests in Legion anymore? Shouldn't the artifacts just sort of last us the whole xpac?

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    I've still got the felsteel longblades I made back in bc, I found the recipe on my hunter and spent the next week or two picking up and grinding mining and blacksmithing so I could make my own. (I'm really excited about the survival change).

Quote Originally Posted by Meowzer22 View Post
    Tbh if these artifact weapons are supposed to be all powerful, will there be any need for weapons to drop from bosses/quests in Legion anymore? Shouldn't the artifacts just sort of last us the whole xpac?
    An interview by icy veins with the devs confirmed there will be no other weapons for the duration of Legion. There will be slots int the weapons that allow for upgrades that will drop in place of weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Javienn View Post
    This just made me realize that I need to start reviewing all the polearms out there and collect me some transmogs for 7.0!
    Yup, I was thinking of all the old weapons I use to use. Now I might need to collect more for transmog.

So will i be able to to use my Warglaive of Azzinoth that has been collection dust in my Hunter's bag all this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Apoxas View Post
    So will i be able to to use my Warglaive of Azzinoth that has been collection dust in my Hunter's bag all this time?
    No, because they never made hunters able to wield them. Since they've updated them twice already, to allow DKs and monks to wield them, and did not add hunters to the list either time, it's a safe bet at this point that they never will.

Probably all the 2h weapons we use will be good for us, 1handers not so much. Just like Arms Warrior trying to dps with a one hander.