Deleted

No more multiple specs.

Basically the spec you will use most next expansion will level your artifact the most since every artifact is tailored for one spec only. You can still have two specs but that implies also leveling the artifact for the 2nd spec as well.

Now considering the weapon leveling process is long and arduous, this considerably reduces the probability for players to be using two specs on their characters.

For example. Let's say you are a protection warrior who is also required by the guild to spec for dps every now and then. Or you play protection in pve but arms in pvp. You will level as protection, ofcourse, this means your artifact sword&board will be your main weapon and most leveled. If you want to switch to arms or fury for some reason, you will need to retake the weapon leveling process from the start.

A catchup mechanic is planned, but how well will it work is unknown.

This greatly discourages players from having more than one spec. So I suggest that you start Legion with whichever spec you plan to be using as your main spec at 110, otherwise you may find out you need to grind some extra dungeons to get the artifact points up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by Madokara Mieru View Post
    Basically the spec you will use most next expansion will level your artifact the most since every artifact is tailored for one spec only. You can still have two specs but that implies also leveling the artifact for the 2nd spec as well.

Now considering the weapon leveling process is long and arduous, this considerably reduces the probability for players to be using two specs on their characters.

For example. Let's say you are a protection warrior who is also required by the guild to spec for dps every now and then. Or you play protection in pve but arms in pvp. You will level as protection, ofcourse, this means your artifact sword&board will be your main weapon and most leveled. If you want to switch to arms or fury for some reason, you will need to retake the weapon leveling process from the start.

A catchup mechanic is planned, but how well will it work is unknown.

This greatly discourages players from having more than one spec. So I suggest that you start Legion with whichever spec you plan to be using as your main spec at 110, otherwise you may find out you need to grind some extra dungeons to get the artifact points up to par.
    Yes this is all true.
    Releveling the artifact weapons might be what is considered content next expansion.
    Also could get a weapon drop might not be best but good enough to get by.

One can hope that at some point of leveling an artifact, you'll get a boost to other artifacts, so if you suddenly stop being Feral and go Balance, it won't take as long to level your new artifact.

Deleted
    I don't see how they wouldn't work just like tier sets now change spec -> new wep

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    I don't see how they wouldn't work just like tier sets now change spec -> new wep
    That would make no sense. So as prot warrior the artifact is weapon+shield but if you change to arms, the weapon is a 2hander. For the sword&board to turn into a completely different 2hander legendary in your inventory it makes 0 sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    yes this ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Artifact weapons are blatantly copied from FFXIV. The difference though: in FFXIV you gradually upgrade the weapon in stages. Yes, to get the Zodiac Zeta weapon it is an extremely long grind. But it's not ONE long grind. The grind is split up into bite size chunks, and every stage gives the weapon both a power boost and a cosmetic boost (making it look neater, glow, etc). The other difference is, in FFXIV, the artifact weapon is completely optional. They are not the best weapons in the game, and there are raid weapons that are comparable to the most powerful stage. This is basically something SE put in as optional content for people who like long grinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard knows how to keep players away from the game...
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Artifact weapons are blatantly copied from FFXIV. The difference though: in FFXIV you gradually upgrade the weapon in stages. Yes, to get the Zodiac Zeta weapon it is an extremely long grind. But it's not ONE long grind. The grind is split up into bite size chunks, and every stage gives the weapon both a power boost and a cosmetic boost (making it look neater, glow, etc). The other difference is, in FFXIV, the artifact weapon is completely optional. They are not the best weapons in the game, and there are raid weapons that are comparable to the most powerful stage. This is basically something SE put in as optional content for people who like long grinds.
    You can't say which system is better for the simple fact that we don't even know fully how this system works.

For the OP:
    They already spoke of the potential systems to make it easier to catch up between specs.

Deleted
    One of the reason's that I am switching my main from Rogue to Demon Hunter.

As most who play Rogue know, we have to change our spec every single fight to stay competitive with other DPS classes. I sure as heck ain't going to level a pair of daggers, as well as a set of swords(or w/e) to the max in order to just compete.

They surely know what is "fun" for us! Can't wait to see the queue times!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Having to do more to get loot for your offspec keeps you from playing the game? Ok.

As for generally speaking all the stuff was just announced, they are heavily subject to change.

It is one of the biggest questions out there that is unanswered. The talent and spec system is setup to make moving and things around fairly painless and easy, but this weapon system, at least at first appearance, goes completely against that. My guess is they are trying to figure out a way to do it without just handing it too you.

Basically the weapon is part of the story and they won't want to lose that. If I had to guess, the solution will be that you will be forced to go do the quest for the spec to get the artifact itself, but after that the system would basically give you the same power as your main spec. Personally if they could set it up so that the power is roughly the same, but what you lose is the cosmetic stuff I think people will be mostly happy. If you wanted the cosmetic stuff for it too then you would need to work on it.

It is however a rip off of the FF14 idea, well really even goes back to the original FF online. The difference is that you have other options for weapons there until you can get it done. Wouldn't shock me if they don't have to tweak this idea of no weapons dropping, at least in raids.

Could also have some form of currency that you earn that would let you buy a suitable weapon from your class as well. Several solutions to the problem, just a matter of how they want to do it.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2015-08-08 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    If I had to guess, the solution will be that you will be forced to go do the quest for the spec to get the artifact itself,
    Since this expansion is so dam predictable. The pre expansion patch will be us storming a beach with alot of the heroes of the warcraft story. It will go terribly terribly wrong and a bunch will die (The "Shock" they talked about. That will come as no shock at all". One of the first quests once the expansion starts will be us picking up there weapon to "continue their legacy".
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Artifact weapons are blatantly copied from FFXIV. The difference though: in FFXIV you gradually upgrade the weapon in stages.
    We have that in WoW right now, for any 3 gear pieces of your choice. And it's much less grindy than what FFXIV has. Hell, we had that back in MoP, for every single piece of gear. Blacksmiths had it all the way back in BC.
    Upgradeable items are a really old hat in RPGs.

Artifacts aren't simple upgradeable weapons, though. They offer far more than FFXIV relics do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Yes this is all true.
    Releveling the artifact weapons might be what is considered content next expansion.
    Also could get a weapon drop might not be best but good enough to get by.
    I could be crazy but I thought I read in the notes for legion there would be no weapon drops at all.

Blizzard already said they would have a system to help you get other Artifacts that are for your class, such as Paladins who get Ashbringer would have an easier time getting the Healing & Tank set. Exactly how that system works, they don't know yet.

Stop being a drama llama for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Why the hell someone does repost and it is not punish but more replies than mein original one? sniff sniff
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35430571
    Because as with any announcement, expansion, patch, feature, whatever, this Forum turns to a cesspit of stupidity and trolling. People take one tiny snippet and form massive threads and arguments that never amount to anything, and so the relevant and engaging discussion gets lost under a pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh poor, poor you, I guess you've been away from game since eternity, because gearing an offspec in WoW always was a tedious, grindy process...

OT: Devs already stated that there would be some systems to help you level up your offspec artifact; and I bet they'll just come to conclusion that all your specs will have the same pool of artifact points, i.e. you grind points on your main spec, and automatically get the same points you've grinded on your offspecs. That is a simple and uninteresting solution which Blizzard is well known for overusing.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

If you play 2 classes it's fine but for those who play 5-6-7 it might be very time consuming and I don't mind this change I for one have always been a multiclasser but I hated it because I could not master 1 spec properly Now with demon hunter (that ive been waiting forever) I'm probably not touching any other class other than maybe trying out the new talent if they seem interesting enough