Page 1 of 2
LastLast

6.2.0 Garisson rare missions

Can someone verify this please for me. I got rare garisson missions on all my alts 7 or 8 days ago. This week so far i just got on 1 alt. Do you get the feeling they hotfixed it so you get 1 / account like they did for the rare missions that give gold rewards or something else is happening? Pretty sure i remember that missions had 1 week cooldown.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if there has been a hotfix or not, I haven't played much over the past couple weeks. If they haven't been hotfixed, you may just not be clearing out enough of the other missions to make room for new rare missions to appear. If you don't send alts off on the others, such as the XP ones, it takes a few days for those to expire, and they seem to take up room in your list in the mean time.

However if you mean the 660 and 775 epic gear missions, you get both of those once every couple weeks starting when you have at least 3 level 660/775 followers.

Lots of talk about this on the warcraft pets forums (crazy people trying to get the Cinder Pup mission!), the general consensus seems to be that you get a mission every 6-14 days and that your character has to have an Item Level of 675+ and you need 8+ Followers at 675 to get the 6.2.0 missions populated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Lots of talk about this on the warcraft pets forums (crazy people trying to get the Cinder Pup mission!), the general consensus seems to be that you get a mission every 6-14 days and that your character has to have an Item Level of 675+ and you need 8+ Followers at 675 to get the 6.2.0 missions populated.
    Could be true. I have 3 cinder pups though and they don't even seem to sell very high so don't see why anyone would be very concerned about spawning them?

I've only seen 4 rare missions show up across 8 characters checking twice a day since the patch came out, and yes, I send every possible follower out on missions twice a day to keep them repopulating.

I think they're just rare.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    They spawn once per 7 days. Not sure if the 7 days start from starting or completing the mission, but you will never get a second rare mission on the same alt within 7 days of the first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I've only seen 4 rare missions show up across 8 characters checking twice a day since the patch came out, and yes, I send every possible follower out on missions twice a day to keep them repopulating.

I think they're just rare.
    The thing that i have noticed is that its better to let some missions run out off time, they will come back with better rewards. It might be random, but as far as gold goes, i never got the bigger gold missions on my main, that i constantly had on every mission. At one point i even had no more missions left.. But on my alts i kept getting the "good stuff" like the 500g missions. Again, maybe its just random, but i like to think it works.

Deleted
    I am really interested in how these access levels work as well.
    Aside highmaul/blackrock cache or follower itemlvl related stuff - It seems there is a lot on the side like the pvp missions prior 6.2 (removed now). Like apexis naval missions. My rerolled main doesn't get them while my just reactivated old main who just did taanan prequest is flooded with them and gold missions.

Same for the 675 rare missions (pet, mount, exp pot...). My old main gets them and I've got now a horde of cinder pubs nobody wants... While dozens of my other characters would find it easy do clear them as well (follower lvl etc).

My guess is stuff like garrison campaign and stuff may play a role since I didn't do them after 1st time on my main. Is there some post explaining in detail how to unlock missions? It's really not just a minor thing if one character gets like 4-6k apexis via naval missions every one or two days while another doesn't - even more if you are trying to catch up.

It's been posted over and over:

Character ilvl at 675, Achievement for 10 followers over 650 on that character, 3 followers at 675.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post

Character ilvl at 675, Achievement for 10 followers over 650 on that character, 3 followers at 675.
    ^That, and one rare mission per week per toon.

Deleted

Good thing it was, so could tell others again Thx mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    ^That, and one rare mission per week per toon.
    Wait, you'll get one PER character?

So if my Paladin is my only 675, and gets the rare quest every week (as she does now) and I get my alt Rogue to the same requirements. My Rogue will then get her own rare quest per week?

I've been avoiding hitting 675 on alts out of fear that they would start getting my weekly rare quest instead of my Paladin who has much better follower set up, kind of like how my gold gain was ruined by all my alts with no leveled followers getting all my good gold missions after 6.2.

Bold part isnt true... on one of my new alts i have followers on 645 and as soon as i got 3 to 675 i got rare mission (ogre cache) - so currently im on 17 followers on 645 (maybe 1 or 2 more are inactive at that level) and 3 675. Im almost certain that char ilevel doesnt matter but i guess it this will be hard to check since its easier to get char to 675 then followers

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    They spawn once per 7 days. Not sure if the 7 days start from starting or completing the mission, but you will never get a second rare mission on the same alt within 7 days of the first.
    It must not be just 7 days. As i said on original message i got rare missions on ALL alts (they are 675+ ilvl and have all the requirements) about 10 days ago. After this rest i got just 1 rare mission after the 1 week mark. Not sure what's going on ... Will update.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Bold part isnt true... on one of my new alts i have followers on 645 and as soon as i got 3 to 675 i got rare mission (ogre cache) - so currently im on 17 followers on 645 (maybe 1 or 2 more are inactive at that level) and 3 675. Im almost certain that char ilevel doesnt matter but i guess it this will be hard to check since its easier to get char to 675 then followers
    I agree on not needing 10 followers, but just 3. But you DO NEED 675 ilvl on char for sure.

Tested extensively.

You need the 3 675, 675 ilvl on the character, and 7 more followers at 645.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the character requirements listed above are correct: personal ilvl 675, 3x followers 675, etc.

I've had crappy luck. I keep getting the Barrel of Oil and Ogre Resource Crate rewards every week across all my toons. Once I got the Champion's Medallion (the one that rewards 1000 cp/hp). I haven't seen the pet or the mount yet.

I got a rare mission today on another alt about 11 days after last so prolly no hotfix to get just 1 across account. They must be on random cooldown though or you indeed have to do all missions every day so new missions get rolled.

Deleted
    I used the easy event to get 2 alts on ilvl who were previously just "garrison gold factories". As soon as I dinged 675 I got the pvp medallion quest with both.

And I also got apexis and gold naval missions.

It's really worth to get alts here. These pvp medallions go for 20k gold on ravencrest-eu @AH. Nobody wants the pet though...

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    How many do you have at 645?

I know people have shown having personal 675, 3 followers at 675 with no mission, and getting one as soon as they bumped enough over 650 to get the achievement.

But it's possible they didn't check 645 as the threshold, and you in fact need 10 over 645.

I haven't been able to test on any of my alts, as all had 25x 675 followers before the patch dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by verganas View Post
    I got a rare mission today on another alt about 11 days after last so prolly no hotfix to get just 1 across account. They must be on random cooldown though or you indeed have to do all missions every day so new missions get rolled.
    As an update i kept all my rest alts doing all possible missions and no other rare mission has popped so far.. So it's just 2 missions for 11 eligible characters in total in hm about 2 weeks now.