Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What are the specs will change drastically to dehomogenized?

As we know, Survival Hunters will be melee in Legion and Marksman will not use pets. What other classes will be effected?

I speculate one of Rogue's spec will be a ranged class, and Disc will be a dps spec.

I also speculate Survival will be actually a TANK spec.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2015-08-08 at 09:31 AM.

Disc is apparently going to stay healer, but is going to be a lot more damage oriented than before.

So, Blizzard will still suck at balancing disc and holy, but at least they'll be more unique.

Deleted
    I think giving rogues a ranged spec would be great. I completely understand where they are coming from, classes and specs need more identity - and it's hard to do that when you have 3 melee or ranged specs in one class. Saying that I don't mages will get a change, as their 3 specs are actually rather unique, warlocks probably will due to demonology kinda being made into DH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I speculate one of Rogue's spec will be a ranged class...
    I'm actually speculating on the possibility of Combat becoming a tank. The whole agile swashbuckler theme and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    I'm actually speculating on the possibility of Combat becoming a tank. The whole agile swashbuckler theme and everything.
    I would be for it so hard!

Combat tank, Subtlety as melee dps and assasination as ranged dps?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Subtlety rogues becoming snipers would be fun and appropriate.
    I prefer assassination whie Subtlety will get more illusion and shadow type skills.

I would ignore demon hunters entirely if I could play my rogue as ranged. I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion, but the heart wants what the heart wants!

I somehow get the feeling that even though they are tweaking stuff, I doubt they'll be changing a pure dps class into a tanking hybrid. But based on the disc change, it's still possible, but very unlikely in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Disc is apparently going to stay healer, but is going to be a lot more damage oriented than before.

So, Blizzard will still suck at balancing disc and holy, but at least they'll be more unique.
    What if Disc become Tank. Now, THAT would be interesting!

Combat rogue. The spec has lost it's identity over the years. Combat is meant to be focusing on combat outside stealth, being able to substain yourself without fleeing combat. Combat always had parry/dogde/armor talents in the past, but now all rogue-specs are focusing so much on stealth and vanish, espesially in pvp.

Would fit, but it's unlikely seeing as we're already getting another tank via the DH. It's more likely that one of the specs become ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Subtlety getting an overhaul or Combat being made into an avoidance tank seem like the likeliest options. Assassination and Subtlety have no real identity between themselves in practice and Combat has long struggled with its identity, but of the three Assassination has regularly been in a good place performance-wise.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental shaman won't change at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    I would ignore demon hunters entirely if I could play my rogue as ranged. I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion, but the heart wants what the heart wants!
    You won't catch me saying no to legitimately being able to build a rogue around throwing knives and going for precision strikes as combo spenders, with Slice and Dice being replaced in that spec with Flechette Storm (same thing mechanically, renamed to be thematically appropriate).

Deleted
    I hope they will do something about rogue specs to make them more apart, right now there's almost no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Fire mages become a melee spec. After all, they are getting Felo'melorn; it might be a hint?

Imagine slashing waves of fire at enemies?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can see a lot of stuff for Rogues, because as is, they'll probably fall before Cata Warlock numbers, they DESPERATELY need an overhaul.

Deleted
    If blizzard manage to change some specs i would be a happy panda

Rogues

Combat-Tank
    Assasination-Range dps
    Sub-stay the same

Mage

Arcane-healer
    Fire-range dps
    Frost-range dps

Warlock

Demo-would be a necromancer range dps that summon tons of pets

Shamans

They need to do something with elemental

Rogue might get either a tank or ranged spec, both seems unlikely though. Changing the class os drastically might alienate the current rogue players too much.

I wonder if mage'll see any changes, all 3 specs are ranged atm, I honestly don't see that changing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post

Rogues

Combat-Tank
    Assasination-Range dps
    Sub-stay the same

Mage

Arcane-healer
    Fire-range dps
    Frost-range dps

Warlock

Shamans

Well, they did say they want Demo to focus more on Demons in Legion. Sounds badass.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post

Rogues

Combat-Tank
    Assasination-Range dps
    Sub-stay the same

Mage

Arcane-healer
    Fire-range dps
    Frost-range dps

Warlock

Shamans

Y'all need to fuck right off with the Mage healing business. I pray to the mighty lord of gaming that such an atrocity will never happen.

I also don't think Rogues will lose two of their melee specs in one expansion. I feel like that'd be too big of a change - they'll either become tanks OR ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Well, they did say they want Demo to focus more on Demons in Legion. Sounds badass.
    I'm very down for the idea of Demo as a master-of-puppets mass summoner. Imagine having an imp zerg rush cooldown.