Cool I'm excited for Legion! What are you excited about?

I wanted to share that I am extremely excited and happy about Legion. I don't post online much anymore, because everything tends to go into a giant circle of sorts these days. I have liked all the expansions, minus MoP. I wasn't a huge fan of content in that particular expansion.

I see a lot of posts on here where people are expressing their discontent with Legion. I'd like to make this thread to be happy and excited about it!

What am I looking forward to?

- I think the artifact weapons look really cool.
    - I am currently re-rolling a warlock. I want to do something different than healing. I have ONLY healed since vanilla and it is time for a change!
    - Excited to see the Emerald Dream. I've been hoping for this ever since I rolled my first night elf!
    - What will Illidan's role be?
    - Honors system sounds really neat. Can't wait to try it out!

What are you guys/gals looking forward to?!

Deleted
    Havoc Demon Hunter, ofc, I'm a melee dps player, I'm so psyched about this new class .
    Artifact weapons look great, really hope they do a good job about them, especially about the questlines.
    I love the Legion lore, really hope to see some good raid fights !

Demon Hunter obviously. I think that's pretty much a given for everyone.

I'm looking forward to seeing Illidan's role in this storyline because he was my favorite WC3 character (tied with Arthas).

I think class halls are going to be a hit or miss. With so much class homogenization taking place in terms of gameplay, I think they are trying to approach it from a different angle and instead make you have a different perspective on the storyline based on what class you are. Could be amazing. But I'll remain skeptical on that for now.

Complete profession overhaul. WoD Professions were a disaster, I hope they learned some lessons.

Survival hunters becoming melee. (Hopefully this is a sign rogues will get a ranged spec as well)

I like that they mentioned they are going to focus on dungeons this expansion (though also remaining skeptical on this).

Yeah, lots of stuff. It's pretty much my dream expansion on paper. I hope they deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon hunters, Artifacts, a new continent, and Warlords of Boredom being over. From there, we'll see what makes it into late beta before I weigh in on what else I'm excited for.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Demon Hunter obviously. I think that's pretty much a given for everyone.

I'm looking forward to seeing Illidan's role in this storyline because he was my favorite WC3 character (tied with Arthas).

I think class halls are going to be a hit or miss. With so much class homogenization taking place in terms of gameplay, I think they are trying to approach it from a different angle and instead make you have a different perspective on the storyline based on what class you are. Could be amazing. But I'll remain skeptical on that for now.

Complete profession overhaul. WoD Professions were a disaster, I hope they learned some lessons.

Survival hunters becoming melee. (Hopefully this is a sign rogues will get a ranged spec as well)

I like that they mentioned they are going to focus on dungeons this expansion (though also remaining skeptical on this).

Yeah, lots of stuff. It's pretty much my dream expansion on paper. I hope they deliver.

Oh yeah! I did not know about the profession overhaul! That is exciting!!!!

I won't be rolling Demon Hunter, but its cool to have another tank to heal. Im not unimpressed by this expac whatsoever, but I am a bit nervous if Blizzard can pull off mashing SO. MANY. THEMES. together in one expansion. We're going to go from fighting demons to fighting vrykul to fighting naga to fighting more demons to fighting old god creations to fighting other faction to fighting elves then back to demons again all within 10 levels. I'd rather they removed Azshara and the Emerald Nightmare ideas and saved them for their own expansions.

Also nervous about which lore figures they decide to kill.

Most excited for -

Profession overhaul
    Class dehomogenizing
    Disc priest changes
    Artifact weapon alternate progression

Deleted
    half of the content will be scrapped anyway + wow community ruins my taste for playing WoW

The new honor system and PvP talents. Being able to separate PvP & PvE balance is something I've been wanting forever...Best news for PvP since arenas were announced.
    As always I'm looking forward to exploring the new zones. From what little we saw in the announcement they looked nice, especially the val-kyr and elven architecture.

But most of all the fact that a few of my friends might be coming back for Legion. Haven't leveled/dungeoned with a couple of them since they quit in Cataclysm.

All of it honestly. I really just hope they don't mess this up after how bad WoD was.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

I am holding off on being overly excited, after WoD I have become very cautious when it comes to these kinds of announcements from Blizzard.

I am still hopeful that the Devs will deliver a good product.

I really, REALLY, REALLY would like to see an epic pre-launch experience like we had in TBC and WoTLK. Featuring legions of marauding Demons coming into major cities, settlements and invading all the zones and killing EVERYTHING. It should be like WoTLK was and even better, no place is safe. A few crybabies might bitch, but the majority of people will talk fondly of such an event for years to come.

PLEASE, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Edit: Just remembering about Naxxramas being parked in the sky right outside of Stormwind City, sends chills down my spine. OMG, that whole event was epic.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2015-08-09 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to get excited! I really want to go into this expansion screaming and laughing playing the ''everything is awesome'' song from the Lego movie on repeat.... But I have to actually play the thing first to see if it ends up like the current expansion

Deleted
    Atm the best looking things for me are:
    PvP
    The story going forward (in MU)
    Dungeons become relevent again

Features that might be good:
    Demon hunter (still need to see if rogues and DH are having really different playstyle feel)
    Artifect weapons (wonder if they dont turn into long grinds like the legendary ring and cloack)

Features that make me worry:
    Class halls, mix the Alliance and Horde for me thats a no no and garrison V2? maybe
    Dalaran, i wonder if i dont get crazy after 2 weeks when i am back on the same spot where i was years ago (infront of the Dalaran bank)
    Nothing about a new BG or arena
    Still 1 year exp. pack model (can they flesh out the villians or will they turn into Ner'Zhul characters and are dead before you can say there name)
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-08-09 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    I'm excited about it being worst than WoD so that players finally realize that this game sucks since WoD and that we won't get anything better ever again.

Moose, another long lost Tauren relative, and Demon Hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leothras The Mad View Post
    half of the content will be scrapped anyway + wow community ruins my taste for playing WoW
    get this guy banned already, jeez you whiners are the worst people on here. WoD is one of only who got so much scrapted, MoP didnt get anything scrapted.

OT: Survival hunters with no bow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

There is no reason to think that anything that announced at Gamescom will, you know, actually be in Legion. If you haven't learned that yet, you are, indeed, a slow learner.
    Last edited by Stellan; 2015-08-09 at 09:32 PM.