Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You have a better chance of being struck by lightning, probably twice within the span of 30 minutes, than being part of a mass shooting.
    With the way things have been going lately it looks like the chances might be increasing. We've had what two movie theater shootings in the past month?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    With the way things have been going lately it looks like the chances might be increasing. We've had what two movie theater shootings in the past month?
    You mean the one that was actually a pellet gun?

Come on...

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning, probably twice within the span of 30 minutes, than being part of a mass shooting.
    There was a shooting at a mall I frequent and another shooting in Manhattan within almost 4 years?

Deleted
    I agree with you I was just stating that gang violence in general is between other gang members and doesn't usually have "innocents" involved unlike mass murders. Actually I'm forgetting what the point was originally so yeah was just a clarification
    The Problem here is the fact that Gangs make people not innocent, and they recruit by poisoning their communities. So when it comes to gun violence, it's 100% more alarming that there are ALOT OF GANG PEOPLE SHOOTING EACH OTHER over say a Black criminal getting shot by a police officer.

Deleted
    General violent crime and its domination by black urban youth is just 100 magnitudes higher they could do this once a week and wouldn't beat their rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Peaceful protesters being arrested has nothing to do with the right to bear arms. The Oathkeepers are by their own mission statement out to protect the constitution in it's entirety, not just the 2nd amendment. Nice attempt at Tu quoque though.

Using your own logic that "just because they're peaceful now, doesn't mean they won't be later" the police should be arresting the Oathkeepers, if you were to be consistent.
    No, once again you completely dodge the fact that arrests were made because laws were being broken regardless of whether or not it was peaceful. It's ok though your argument is flawed and you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the one that was actually a pellet gun?

Come on...
    The intent was all the same though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There was a shooting at a mall I frequent and another shooting in Manhattan within almost 4 years?
    How many gang shootings have their been within 4 years of manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Black counter-culture? Or have you never actually walked in an American Black Neighborhood?
    Any? Even upper class black neighborhoods or is it just the poor ones?

I mean poor white neighborhoods have the same issues, so do poor filipino areas and poor hispanic areas. Poor areas with non-working people have these issues.

Whats your point?

I once found a $100 bill on the ground twice in one week.

Sadly it hasn't happened again in the past 10 years since then.

Deleted
    There was this muslim terrorist bomb in the central station here and it's still more likely to crash with a plane.

There was this time 4 years ago is really not the frequency you are needing to prove this point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    How many gang shootings have their been within 4 years of manhattan.
    Gang shootings don't have random targets, so that's a very moot point.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're a drop in the bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    Your point about white mass shootings was moot deflection in the first place so you have no reason to complain.

Deleted
    Any? Even upper class black neighborhoods or is it just the poor ones?

I mean poor white neighborhoods have the same issues, so do poor filipino areas and poor hispanic areas. Poor areas with non-working people have these issues.
    Not at the rate black poor neighborhoods do, because they glorify the culture. They emulate the fashion and english-killing linguistics of these gangs. It started with perceived racism, and now it's a self-generating cycle of hatred. Why do you think it's so hard "To get out of the hood" Because you think it's only white people trying to put black people down? There is this horrific cultual stigmatism in Black counter culture that trying to get out of it is bad and people, rather than trying to improve themselves, try to put others down.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither do mass shootings really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Don't get me started on how "assault style weapons" made up something like 300 incidents in one year, while knives, fists, and other blunt weapons made up thousands.

(but to be fair, handguns made up about 6,000)

My point being however this irrational fear over "assault style weapons" shouldn't be there based on stats, which statist love so much.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    "They have automatic weapons? News to me. Oh wait you are speaking out of ignorance."

"Cept we are not armed with automatic weapons. Stop getting your ideals from whatever liberal / progressive rag you read from."

I do apologise. Obviously having not felt the need to learn to shoot a gun in a local range since the age of seven, I misidentified the various photos I've seen.

What I find hilarious is that you think that it makes any difference whether the guns are automatic or not. The point is that THIS DOESNT HAPPEN ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. The US, far from being the great nation on earth, is completely dysfunctional in this matter. Go travel to Australia, New Zealand, the UK, anywhere in Europe, Japan, etc and observe that the population does not feel the need to wander the streets armed. Other countries dont get regular mass shootings in churches, cinemas and schools; the gun murder rate is 1% of that in the US and "accidents" where a child shoots themself / friend / relative are unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by mykalibe View Post
    Your point about white mass shootings was moot deflection in the first place so you have no reason to complain.
    My point was that we shouldn't worry about masses of open carry blacks because they're black or masses of open carry whites because they're whites... frankly we should worry about all open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    No, once again you completely dodge the fact that arrests were made because laws were being broken regardless of whether or not it was peaceful. It's ok though your argument is flawed and you know it.
    Which laws? Didn't you justify their arrest with "they have the potential to become violent"? Talk about flawed argument... Shouldn't matter to the Oathkeepers as they've stated that they're willing to defy the Government and/or Police if people's constitutional rights (like that of Free Assembly) are violated. Weird that they're so selective about who they defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eezagoode View Post
    "They have automatic weapons? News to me. Oh wait you are speaking out of ignorance."

"Cept we are not armed with automatic weapons. Stop getting your ideals from whatever liberal / progressive rag you read from."

I do apologise. Obviously having not felt the need to learn to shoot a gun in a local range since the age of seven, I misidentified the various photos I've seen.

What I find hilarious is that you think that it makes any difference whether the guns are automatic or not. The point is that THIS DOESNT HAPPEN ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. The US, far from being the great nation on earth, is completely dysfunctional in this matter. Go travel to Australia, New Zealand, the UK, anywhere in Europe, Japan, etc and observe that the population does not feel the need to wander the streets armed. Other countries dont get regular mass shootings in churches, cinemas and schools; the gun murder rate is 1% of that in the US and "accidents" where a child shoots themself / friend / relative are unheard of.
    Lets be fair, when Euro countries do have a mass shootings, it kills enough people to make up for the last 10 we had. The US considers a mass shooting like 4 or more people, or some other absurdly small number.

Meanwhile overseas, 85 people get killed in one mass shooting.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-14259356