Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

OMG how awesome is Nyquil?

So, I'm away from home for the next two weeks to work. I got flown all the way the eastern Texas because people are bad at their jobs and apparently I'm the only person that can fix this for. ..reasons. this was all very short notice on me, but the money is good and I was all for it. The day I actually got to leave, I had a horrendously bad sore throat and looks like it's devolved into sonething truly unpleasant. I can't rest though because of the incompetence of my predicessors, so I've been slogging through everything with dayquil and ricola but devoid of my usual charisma.

I just got back to my room and took some cherry nyquil though and good damn, this shit is amazing. I mean, the non drowsy stuff took the edge off but I was still acutely aware of being miserable. The nyquil makes this almost bearable! So, thank you nyquil and all the good you do for mankind. Would anybody else like to give it up for Vicks and their benevolence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    So, I'm away from home for the next two weeks to work. I got flown all the way the eastern Texas because people are bad at their jobs and apparently I'm the only person that can fix this for. ..reasons. this was all very short notice on me, but the money is good and I was all for it. The day I actually got to leave, I had a horrendously bad sore throat and looks like it's devolved into sonething truly unpleasant. I can't rest though because of the incompetence of my predicessors, so I've been slogging through everything with dayquil and ricola but devoid of my usual charisma.

I just got back to my room and took some cherry nyquil though and good damn, this shit is amazing. I mean, the non drowsy stuff took the edge off but I was still acutely aware of being miserable. The nyquil makes this almost bearable! So, thank you nyquil and all the good you do for mankind. Would anybody else like to give it up for Vicks and their benevolence?
    I love it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Besides the drowsiness effect obviously dayquil and Nyquil actually relieve different symptoms. Read the box. But xanax for sleep ftw.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Besides the drowsiness effect obviously dayquil and Nyquil actually relieve different symptoms. Read the box. But xanax for sleep ftw.
    I will not endorse that statement, but I maybe know someone who had a schedule that looked like: wake up, oxycontin, adderal, go to work, cocaine, and then beer and xanax to crash. Rinse and repeat.

At least he got the "go to work" part right.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I love it too.

I was gonna post this, haha.

"Capital N, small y Big Fucking Q!"
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I will not endorse that statement, but I maybe know someone who had a schedule that looked like: wake up, oxycontin, adderal, go to work, cocaine, and then beer and xanax to crash. Rinse and repeat.

At least he got the "go to work" part right.
    I'm not nearly hardcore enough to pull that I'm. I'm such a casual when it comes to narcotics

One bottle of Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough and you are ready to party!

I drank one bottle when I was in my early 20's.. I had the shits all night..

FUCK YOU!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Love Nyquil. It's great for those nights when you're miserable and you know you won't get any sleep before work.

NyQuil doesn't work on me. It has the opposite effect, actually. I drink coffee when I want to get sleepy fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    One bottle of Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough and you are ready to party!
    LOL! I found this out recently. I took double the dose it suggests on the bottle and I felt like I smoked a bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nyquil...... the heroin junkies emergency remedy..
    And I'm not kidding.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nyquil...... the heroin junkies emergency remedy..
    And I'm not kidding.
    No idea how. It tastes fucking nasty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No idea how. It tastes fucking nasty.
    It takes off the edge of withdrawal symptoms. So it's a mild temporary relief, combined with a couple beer, it helps I was told.
    And junkies don't care about such things as taste.. When they're desperate, they do insane things.
    I've seen unbelievably crazy stuff..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The problem is many of the symptoms of illness are perfectly evolved ways of compelling an animal to behave in the best possible manner for overcoming a microbial invader.

And Nyquil et. al really just remove said symptoms and delay what your immune system is trying to do.

For example when you have a fever you get the chills in order to compel you to seek warmth so that your body has an easier time to keep it's core temperature elevated in order to burn the little microscopic bastards to death.

When you cough your body is attempting to expel foreign bodies from your lung and sinus tissue.

And often times you'll get a headache which will force you to rest.

So yeah, Nyquil is great for getting rid of all the mucous and coughing and fevers and headaches so that you can get up and run around and be busy, but yeah...

Nyquil doesn't do much for me. I can drink a ton of the stuff to the point that my legs and arms start tingling a lot, but I never get drowsy from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post

Is it oxazepam? cus I've got some of that and it's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, NyQuil is the taste of feeling better.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

So you love DXM?

Each to their own, it's a messy experience imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    The problem is many of the symptoms of illness are perfectly evolved ways of compelling an animal to behave in the best possible manner for overcoming a microbial invader.

And Nyquil et. al really just remove said symptoms and delay what your immune system is trying to do.

For example when you have a fever you get the chills in order to compel you to seek warmth so that your body has an easier time to keep it's core temperature elevated in order to burn the little microscopic bastards to death.

When you cough your body is attempting to expel foreign bodies from your lung and sinus tissue.

And often times you'll get a headache which will force you to rest.

So yeah, Nyquil is great for getting rid of all the mucous and coughing and fevers and headaches so that you can get up and run around and be busy, but yeah...
    Well that's just the thing. From a health perspective, when you get sick you SHOULD rest until you feel better. But we often don't live in that world now. We have responsibilities we can't avoid, even when sick. So symptom relief can be a wonderful thing.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Any time you want to fall asleep soundly just take a Nyquil and drink one glass of wine (or whtvr). Out like a light. I try not to abuse it but it's def relaxing.