Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it worth coming back to WoW for pvp?

Been playing WoW for years, pve/pvp. Is the pvp system balanced atm or is it like in pandaria where priest and hunter comps in 2v2 fuck everything up by cc etc. ?

Deleted
    No, it really isn't worth it just for PvP.

Deleted
    Why not? It's quite fun.

If you plan on playing as a horde character, it is not worth.

Unfortunatly not a good question to ask here. Because if it was marvelous, overwhelming and epic, people here would still say it is worse and not worth it.

If I was you I would come back and try it for myself. This is the only way of getting a good answer and not getting flooded by subjective stories or opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwobs View Post
    Been playing WoW for years, pve/pvp. Is the pvp system balanced atm or is it like in pandaria where priest and hunter comps in 2v2 fuck everything up by cc etc. ?
    I would say no. PVP is side content. There isn't as much of it to do compared to PVE and the gameplay gets very stale and repetitive. Also, the game has never been balanced around 2v2, it will always remain a broken arena bracket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Unfortunatly not a good question to ask here. Because if it was marvelous, overwhelming and epic, people here would still say it is worse and not worth it.

If I was you I would come back and try it for myself. This is the only way of getting a good answer and not getting flooded by subjective stories or opinions.
    So he has to pay upfront just to come to the same conclusion everybody else has come to before. I am sorry but that is stupid.

No, and especially no given what they are planning to do with PvP in the expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Maybe not in Wod but i would say it might be worth in Legion

i just pvp, and mostly just bg's. gear isn't an issue as you can get fully honour geared in one long session in ashran (i look at it as a never-ending bg in the theme of the big pve-race like IoC and AV. i geared up and rarely been back there). even then all gear is scaled up to a certain ilvl to even it out for everyone.

healers are still gods, but 2 dps can bring them down if they get their kick/cc timings right, which in a random bg with no voice comms can feel like waiting for the stars to allign, but it does happen

i find each game to be a mix of old hands, newish (1+ years) players with an interest in pvp, and lately a massive surge of pve only types who are bored of sitting in garrisons after they've cleared their raid for the week. you always get one gobby cunt, but it's the internet so that guy is around every corner.

horde have suffered a drop in experienced pvp players thanks to a lot of them thinking that having an extra trinket as a human will get them insta-glad, but honestly, at least on eu side, i find win rate still to be around 50/50 in my experience. there's probably a chart somewhere disputing that but on the ground it doesn't feel too different than it's ever been.

tl:dr. bg's are still the same as they've ever been, just artificially balanced out by ilvl tweaks
    somebody call for d doctor?

I think it is, because WoW has unique pvp, like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i just pvp, and mostly just bg's. gear isn't an issue as you can get fully honour geared in one long session in ashran (i look at it as a never-ending bg in the theme of the big pve-race like IoC and AV. i geared up and rarely been back there). even then all gear is scaled up to a certain ilvl to even it out for everyone.

healers are still gods, but 2 dps can bring them down if they get their kick/cc timings right, which in a random bg with no voice comms can feel like waiting for the stars to allign, but it does happen

i find each game to be a mix of old hands, newish (1+ years) players with an interest in pvp, and lately a massive surge of pve only types who are bored of sitting in garrisons after they've cleared their raid for the week. you always get one gobby cunt, but it's the internet so that guy is around every corner.

horde have suffered a drop in experienced pvp players thanks to a lot of them thinking that having an extra trinket as a human will get them insta-glad, but honestly, at least on eu side, i find win rate still to be around 50/50 in my experience. there's probably a chart somewhere disputing that but on the ground it doesn't feel too different than it's ever been.

tl:dr. bg's are still the same as they've ever been, just artificially balanced out by ilvl tweaks
    Yeah, EU horde PvP is actually decent. Especially recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Yeah, EU horde PvP is actually decent. Especially recently.
    that'd be the bot banwave, another recent occurance that was a big help for pvp
    somebody call for d doctor?

If you play alliance

7+ Year Old Account
    Horde Has fast ques but loses most of them because Human Racial is really strong
    Allience has slow ques but wins most of them

Personally id wait till next xpac to start because new pvp system but i have fun chain running BGs on my horde character

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was any other expansion I'd say yes but, it really isn't worth coming back in WoD. I'd recommend waiting for the next expansion.

Pvp is a disaster right now. The Alliance BG queues are north of 15 mins and Horde queues are instant but they lose something awful. The class balance or lack thereof is the same old song and dance. I'd wait until the next mini-patch when they implement mercenary mode and see how that goes before coming back. That's the best advice you'll find on here.

hows ashran is that any good i heard biggest pvp thing about WoD im more pve person wanted to try out some pvp what are best things about it

No. Wow pvp sucks hard imo and too soon too say whether it will be viable/fun in Legion.