Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Are you sure you weren't adjusting them by character lvl rather than item level?
    Oops yes. Didn't find an ilvl slider, but noticed now it adjusts the item level in the tooltip. /slap

Shame there aren't any BA necklaces with sockets for agility users.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    To answer your Q about the ICC rep ring, I'm going to defer to Aggixx over at the Fluid Druid who has already conducted his own testing. Keep in mind I chose it with DPS in mind over defensive stats.
    Hm, I tested the strength version on an 80 character and it only gives 36 AP Guessing it's a (level) scaling bug.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    Shame there aren't any BA necklaces with sockets for agility users.
    Do agility users go in yellow, red or blue sockets?

Though, according to WoWhead, 36 AP is what the ring should give at 80.

Hm, I tested the strength version on an 80 character and it only gives 36 AP Guessing it's a (level) scaling bug.

If we assume, 1 agi = 1.155 AP (buffed) and 1 BA = 1.1 AP (buffed) then:
    figures taken from the Guardian guide over at INC bear

• Seal of Primordial Shadow (@160 ivl) offers 22 agi (base+socket+socket bonus) when gemmed, which comes out to 25.41 AP
    • Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance (@160) gives 17 agi (base + socket) = 19.64 AP + 36 AP proc for a total 55.64 with a 60 sec ICC.

An alternative could be, if you lucked out, and got one of the WoD dungeon rings that have BA + socket:
    • Signet of the Glorious Protector - 23 agi (base + prismatic socket) + 9 BA = 36.47 AP

The caveat is of course that type of ring is based purely on rng loot luck
    Last edited by Kioga; 2015-08-24 at 05:05 PM.

Thought I had long days of farming ahead of me.. just realize you can buy the tier for gold now. Just need to farm the weapon from DS though! That and to get a blademaster's mirror..

10+ Year Old Account
    Gao-Rei vs Kiril?

Sha-touched gem gives +25 agi according to Wowhead's level slider (not sure that's accurate) and an extra socket for +10 agi, so in BC timewalking you get passively more agi, so then it's whether you prefer passive stats vs a proc. In WotLK timewalking the bonus armor gets closer in value to the socket gems, so yeah, in the end it's whether you want passive stats or a proc. Kiril gets the advantage though when it comes to how easy it is to get, and how cheap it is to prepare compared to Gao-Rei.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Well I know what to do now... gotta farm those items. I thought i was good just with cloak + 715 ring..
    same, haha

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Except I didn't do mine cuz I didn't want the coin or spend the time lol... granted im 728 so i dont really need gear outside WF/S items. I did it on my pally cuz he still needs gear i can coin i guess. Timewalking is just gay. The instances suck too much random cc in them its annoying.
    oh nioce jello, elitist much? Try adding something productive instead of slapping your epeen around the thread with your ilvl you got carried to. Yes carried, wanted to see how the kinda person who brags about their hfc gear in a timewalking dungeon thread actually performs. Overall your parses are terrible.
    warcraft logs median percentile for tank survivability on mythic fights:
    HFA 22
    Iron Reaver 57
    Kormrok 21
    HF Council 16
    Kilrogg 18
    Gorefiend 22
    Iskar 18
    Fel Lord 11
    Xhul'horac 23
    Tyrant 16
    Manno 48

go read some tank guides brah
    GG NO RE, NO FEEDERINO CAPPACHINO AL PACHINO

Pretty sure he was just saying he dislikes timewalkers... not bragging.

Plus, tank survival rankings are worth jack shit, and everyone knows he focuses on dps more than survival so you can't expect him to be top tier survival...

Quote Originally Posted by CowPond View Post
    oh nioce jello, elitist much? Try adding something productive instead of slapping your epeen around the thread with your ilvl you got carried to. Yes carried, wanted to see how the kinda person who brags about their hfc gear in a timewalking dungeon thread actually performs. Overall your parses are terrible.
    warcraft logs median percentile for tank survivability on mythic fights:
    HFA 22
    Iron Reaver 57
    Kormrok 21
    HF Council 16
    Kilrogg 18
    Gorefiend 22
    Iskar 18
    Fel Lord 11
    Xhul'horac 23
    Tyrant 16
    Manno 48

go read some tank guides brah
    GG NO RE, NO FEEDERINO CAPPACHINO AL PACHINO
    I can't tell if troll or not?

Oh well maybe someday people will understand tanking isn't about being an afk meat shield and that finding a healthy balance between pushing damage but not dying....some of the over 100k passive HPS that goes into overhealing on tanks we should just ignore that and stack defensive stats.

Oh wait if you are gonna die you are gonna die even if you stacked 100% defensive and had the best tank rankings on average.

I don't die on progression and I don't die on farm. The times I have died, I could count on my hand, that were to me just trying to brute force through something without calling and external or planning better. My play style is not what would cause my deaths. Those same deaths to a tank stacking defensive stats would still take fatal damage.

I wish people understand how tanking worked now a days.

Also, I was responding to a specific person not just coming into the thread and shitposting it. Dreyen specificly knew already what I said in that specific post about my bear. I just happen to have said it like that and include I didn't do it because of that and the fact that I dislike timewalking a lot. Sure it wasn't the best way to put it, but its how I put it and I am fine with it.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-08-30 at 05:28 PM.

Thought I had long days of farming ahead of me.. just realize you can buy the tier for gold now. Just need to farm the weapon from DS though! That and to get a blademaster's mirror..
    Yep, most of the items on this list are extremely easy to acquire. All of the tier pieces I selected, as well as the boots can be purchased in Dalaran and SW. I think most people will have access to the 715 ilvl version of the legendary ring. Those that did ICC should be able to walk in and get the rep ring restored if they didn't keep it. IF they don't have the rep, almost any ring with Bonus Armor or a socket will suffice .

I was able to make the bracers for about 100g because I had most of the mats sitting on an alt. My LW will be able to make the Snow Lily belt on Tues. Think I spent about 500g on this to purchase extra leather and Spirits of War, to speed up the process.

DS is soloable and dropped Kiril on my first run. Also lucked out, found a SoO group this weekend and was able to pickup the helm.

I think in total: I have spent around 2k gathering all of the pieces and getting them gemmed/enchanted.

Gao-Rei vs Kiril?

Sha-touched gem gives +25 agi according to Wowhead's level slider (not sure that's accurate) and an extra socket for +10 agi, so in BC timewalking you get passively more agi, so then it's whether you prefer passive stats vs a proc. In WotLK timewalking the bonus armor gets closer in value to the socket gems, so yeah, in the end it's whether you want passive stats or a proc. Kiril gets the advantage though when it comes to how easy it is to get, and how cheap it is to prepare compared to Gao-Rei.
    Yep, Pretty much.

IMO Kiril > Gao-Rei in WotLK and roughly equal in BC because: its dmg is higher or at least on par, is much cheaper/easier to acquire, and has a cosmetic proc that many bears seem to enjoy.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2015-08-31 at 05:57 PM.

Agi increases uptime on guardian of elune, which is what you'll use for timewalkers most likely... so it does increase your overall dodge chance in a way!

Got myself a gao-rei, didnt get lucky in kiril.. The bonus armor on it is nice too, more survival means you can pull more anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC ring gives me around 50 AP (36 base AP + mastery, and other buffs ofc). I forgot about mastery buffing AP, so I guess that makes the ring BiS for DPS at least.

Also it gives +9 agi, +15 stam, +6 of both secondary stats instead of what the Wowhead WotLK option says.
    Last edited by Dechno; 2015-09-02 at 11:00 AM.

I like that they gave us 2 extra days for each of these bonus events. Can't wait to try out the new setup tonight!

Why did you go with the tank legendary meta instead of the dps one? Does it get downscaled hard?

Also, the mastery neck or multistrike neck from HFC should be better than what you mentioned, it has more than double the amount of bonus armor.
    Last edited by Dreyen; 2015-09-03 at 12:08 AM.

I consider farming gear with most sockets for +20 mastery gems for a good defensive. Good idea? Or which is the best way to make the guardian more defensive for timewalking?

You really shouldn't need to be defensive at all...

Like running in there with full MS enchants and MS/Crit its a joke chain pulling massive pulls hardly needing healing since you have infinite rage if you are pulling enough.

Why did you go with the tank legendary meta instead of the dps one? Does it get downscaled hard?
    This is a leftover mentality from MoP tanking. The Tank meta was buffed during MoP that it became too good not to use, even in the crit focused dps builds guardians were using. Its just personal preference. I will have to look over my logs to see how much of an impact it has but I will most likely keep it for awhile, especially if I decide to switch my enchants to MS.

Also, the mastery neck or multistrike neck from HFC should be better than what you mentioned, it has more than double the amount of bonus armor.
    I keep going back and forth on amulets. Honestly though, I feel like it is the slot that almost doesn't matter. There are several options you could take with minimal difference. I will likely make a few adjustments during this week's TW events.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    I consider farming gear with most sockets for +20 mastery gems for a good defensive. Good idea? Or which is the best way to make the guardian more defensive for timewalking?
    Not really no. Our Mastery only creates a physical shield upon a physical hit, those really aren't a huge concern especially if you are running Guardian of Elune for your lvl 100 talent (which you should be). Magic dmg is the larger concern and the only way to combat that is a large health pool and/or quickly killing those adds.

After doing 5 runs last night I think I'm going to enchant for more MS since it fell to a paltry 2% using this gear setup. However, the dps difference between this setup and what I use for WoD raiding is like night and day.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2015-09-03 at 02:38 PM.

Thank you for the answer.
    For the current content, I never use GoE. I go with pulverize usually, but i can give GoE a try for timewalking when other people say it's the best lvl 100 talent for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Thank you for the answer.
    For the current content, I never use GoE. I go with pulverize usually, but i can give GoE a try for timewalking when other people say it's the best lvl 100 talent for this.
    Same.

Pulverize just takes too long to get up on a single add when pulling large packs and tab spamming lacerate. Even if I focused a single target, adds generally die before my 5th GCD to use Pulverize. Also, none of the current bosses hit hard enough to warrant Pulverize.

In a WotLK Timewalking dungeon, using GoE, I have a passive 25% to dodge and SD only takes about 9 secs to recharge.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2015-09-03 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    You really shouldn't need to be defensive at all...

Like running in there with full MS enchants and MS/Crit its a joke chain pulling massive pulls hardly needing healing since you have infinite rage if you are pulling enough.
    Before making any set, i felt like there were some pulls where the damage was real... it's true though that our self-healing is ridiculously OP in timewalkers, i cant remember not self-healing for my full health. I guess I'll just go with the dps meta, although i have yet to find primal diamonds on the AH, or the gems to transmute/craft them.

I keep going back and forth on amulets. Honestly though, I feel like it is the slot that almost doesn't matter. There are several options you could take with minimal difference. I will likely make a few adjustments during this week's TW events.
    Yea, but the archimonde and socrethar necks are overloaded with bonus armor, making them much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they nerf the void tendril trinket? Used it on one boss and it did only 4% of my damage... If they did, what trinket to use now thou... I got the stacking agi trinket from DS that stacks to 50, but that sounds lowish.

Also for some reason, I thought i'd be harder to kill, but im still taking some steady damage intake... at any rate i still did 5k~ dps overall for utgarde pinnacle... Still need a legendary meta
    Last edited by Dreyen; 2015-09-03 at 11:11 PM.