Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Survival as melee is gonna be a joke.

If a melee hunters dps is 1 dmg lower than either of the other 2 ranged specs(in sims) it wont be wanted for raids. Its dps will have to be better than both ranged specs in order for a raid lead to want to not bring ranged hunters( and what will happen then? that's right ALL hunters will be melee). Survival was my favorite rotation in the game. Say what u will about burst and no execute but the thing is it was FUN. It felt good and smooth. In SoO it was about damn near perfect. I haven't a clue why they went from a perfect feeling spec to destroying it in 1 expansion. Its not like the cds and execute magically went away after MoP. Blizzard destroyed it seemingly on purpose. Ive mained a survival hunter for almost 4 years and now I really have never felt like quitting this game as much as I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    If a melee hunters dps is 1 dmg lower than either of the other 2 ranged specs(in sims) it wont be wanted for raids. Its dps will have to be better than both ranged specs in order for a raid lead to want to not bring ranged hunters( and what will happen then? that's right ALL hunters will be melee). Survival was my favorite rotation in the game. Say what u will about burst and no execute but the thing is it was FUN. It felt good and smooth. In SoO it was about damn near perfect. I haven't a clue why they went from a perfect feeling spec to destroying it in 1 expansion. Its not like the cds and execute magically went away after MoP. Blizzard destroyed it seemingly on purpose. Ive mained a survival hunter for almost 4 years and now I really have never felt like quitting this game as much as I do now.
    What make you so sure it will not be a tank spec?

well that would be even worse for me then wouldn't it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    What make you so sure it will not be a tank spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    embrace your inner rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that spear shoots laser beams out of it? Spears with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Hey, even if I did the lowest DPS, I'd still be a melee Hunter if the speculation was correct.

First of all, we have two specs, and if Survival becomes melee, you have two other choices if you want to be ranged.

Second: MELEE BEAST MASTER/HUNTER!

Right now survival is just "guy who uses a bow in a slightly different way than marks spec". I like the way it feels, but it really isn't very different aside from your shots being dots instead of direct damage. If anything, I'd expect mm and BM to get a couple abilities that survival has now, and survival to be completely new and melee.

~Ohhhh munter <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Maybe that spear shoots laser beams out of it? Spears with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!
    Read that in Dr. Evil's voice, which the mental picture I got was Mutant Sea Bass with Spears attached to their heads that shoot laser beams and by god its glorious.

OT: Who knows what all will come to Survival now that we know it will be melee (unless of course if they go the route of Java-zon route ala D2) but only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesftw View Post
    embrace your inner rexxar
    hnghgnghghhgh

- - - Updated - - -

Do we get our own BLADESTORM for AOEA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosinciter View Post
    Read that in Dr. Evil's voice, which the mental picture I got was Mutant Sea Bass with Spears attached to their heads that shoot laser beams and by god its glorious.
    Yes! That is what I was hoping for!

OT: Personally I like how Survival is, but I've always wanted BM to switch to Melee to be more like Rexxar, because it would be badass to fight with your pets, instead of sending pets in while shooting like crazy

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    If a melee hunters dps i.... Blizzard destroyed it seemingly on purpose. Ive mained a survival hunter for almost 4 years and now I really have never felt like quitting this game as much as I do now.
    A lot of specs have felt like this and it makes me wonder if blizzard is doing a spec purge for some classes since they do play the same. I have heard however, that they purposefully downgrade specs, to make players stop playing them, so they can rework them. Perhaps this is a good thing - just have to wait and see at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as for a long time, Survival has been a shit spec to Main. You aren't really too worried about what guild leaders want to bring to a raid anyway. So.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zedwin View Post
    A lot of specs have felt like this and it makes me wonder if blizzard is doing a spec purge for some classes since they do play the same. I have heard however, that they purposefully downgrade specs, to make players stop playing them, so they can rework them. Perhaps this is a good thing - just have to wait and see at Blizzcon.
    I want to know what's going to happen to Demonology now that Demonhunters have their entire toolkit
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Number one, you have no idea if the spear will be used for melee.

Number two it might as well be scraped as many other things in a expansion reveal.

Number three no one has even seen it or tested it so stfu before you know what it's all about.

Are we already declaring Survival Hunters as a melee spec a failure already?

Holy shit.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Are we already declaring Survival Hunters as a melee spec a failure already?
    Yes, its a terrible idea.

The only reason you say its currently shit is because it sims low as hell.3 months ago when it was simming near top almost every hunter in BRF was survival and everyone loved it.And it also was the best spec for most of MoP. Any competent raid leader will take a ranged over a melee unless the melee is just smashing the numbers of the ranged. So we are gonna either all be melee or none of us will be. Kind of like the glad stance situation for warriors.... And to boot they killed my favorite spec/rotation to get to this ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Why? At least it'd be unique instead of "the Hunter who uses his bow just a little different than a marksman." Survival has no true identify. It's almost always been a magic/dot mash up or stuff from the Hunter design recycle bin. They would have to basically remake it to be more like a saboteur and try to push explosives to give it any real definition, but starts to eat into possible tinker/machinist design space that they could be saving for a later xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

We don't even know if it IS a melee spec yet. We don't know that it's changed at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Based on what data? Oh, that's right, you don't have any, you don't even know for sure that it's a melee spec yet, much less how it will be to play.

Melee hunter, wait... what?