Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I would like to see Elves and Trolls form a faction.

I would do something like this:

Human Alliance: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen

Ancients Alliance: Elves (all), Trolls, Tauren, Draenei

Horde: Orcs, Goblin, Forsaken, Panderan
    Oh, how little you know about elves and trolls to think they'd together form a faction
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Human Alliance: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, High/Blood Elves, Vrykrul

Kal'dorei Alliance: Night Elves, Worgen, Tauren, Draenei, Pandaren

Horde: Orcs, Goblin, Forsaken, Trolls, Ogres

I'd want to see this.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2015-08-24 at 10:32 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd faction is an Intriguing idea. I think an undead faction lead by the Lich King would make more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    Human Alliance: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, High/Blood Elves, Vrykrul

Kal'dorei Alliance: Night Elves, Worgen, Tauren, Draenei, Pandaren

Horde: Orcs, Goblin, Forsaken, Trolls, Ogres

I'd want to see this.
    Going to say this is very unlikely. I don't see blood elves leaving the horde. Some players might Riot. Of course blizzard has recently proven they dont give any fucks what players think about anything so maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    3rd faction is an Intriguing idea. I think an undead faction lead by the Lich King would make more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to say this is very unlikely. I don't see blood elves leaving the horde. Some players might Riot. Of course blizzard has recently proven they dont give any fucks what players think about anything so maybe.
    I never understand statements like this, for me blizzard over care what players think, it's players that don't realize that there views are not always as popular as they think, so when they don't see them, it's not that blizzard doesn't care, it's because blizzard's probably super over-examined everyone's opinion they can muster and factored that in into what they decide to do or not do

Does anyone feel like this is just a huge, contrived mess to try and legitimize the nonsense that is playable High Elves? None of this makes any sense or is plausible, and then right there in the center of the madness is the unifying thread of "High Elves are awesome".
    Last edited by Villager720; 2015-08-31 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious View Post
    Yeah not sure where that came from. Actually not sure where any of this came from.
    San'layn.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/San'layn

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Does anyone feel like this is just a huge, contrived mess to try and legitimize the nonsense that is playable High Elves? None of this makes any sense or is plausible, and then right there in the center of the madness is the unifying thread of "High Elves are awesome".
    oi.. i was actually joking in the other thread, don't see conspiracy theories everywhere.. but if you like finding that sort of stuff, there'd always be guys who'd troll you with red herrings all the time, and laugh as you go off on one, and enjoy the chaos they've sown as others just fall into the petty trap

Yawn... i would love to see some real lore love for shadow priests tho.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Don't the elves hate each other

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Don't the elves hate each other
    they've invested in painting a lot of elf on elf hatred, which makes it odd when you see corporation, but they've more coperated than not some could argue, and the conflict is just blown up to encourage pvp, or some would phrase that, they've just focused the lens on the animosity, not showing you what degrees of corporation and even friendship might exist.

afterall realistically speaking it would be silly and even against the nature of some races if they actually hated every person of the other faction or of a race of the other faction, it's also a gross generalization if speaking in more realistic terms.

Just wishful thinking on your part.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Considering Draenei make up a very large percentage of the characters that I play, I guess I won't be playing then.

i would looooove to see a unified elven empire form. but it will never happen.

i do really want this new breed of elf to become more than just npc shit. i REALLY want more elves to play as.

Tol'Vir? That's just an incredibly random race to attach to a Troll faction... And Vampires? Is there even a vampire in game?

It's just all... so random. Are there even enough Elves left per the lore in validate an actual faction? How would three factions even function in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Tol'Vir? That's just an incredibly random race to attach to a Troll faction... And Vampires? Is there even a vampire in game?

It's just all... so random. Are there even enough Elves left per the lore in validate an actual faction? How would three factions even function in this game?
    3 factions is really a matter of player of one group regardless of race in that faction able to kill player from other factions (but not each other), and group with the races in their faction

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    3 factions is really a matter of player of one group regardless of race in that faction able to kill player from other factions (but not each other), and group with the races in their faction
    But how would this work in relation to things like battlegrounds, questing, reputation, story, etc... It doesn't seem like the game is setup to have another faction for players to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I would like to see Elves and Trolls form a faction.

I would do something like this:

Human Alliance: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen

Ancients Alliance: Elves (all), Trolls, Tauren, Draenei

Horde: Orcs, Goblin, Forsaken, Panderan
    Orcs and Taurens will always be allied together. Of all the playable races in WoW they are the most joined. Anything involving splitting them up would never ever happen.

Joked couple of years ago about an elf faction

Belf, nelf, helf, satyr, highborne, naga... Obviously something that'd never happen, but might me fun

Would be down for the idea of a more Elf-centric faction in WC4, but not in WoW. In WC4, they could build proper story for it, and since they would do so from the start, they would balance the game around it. WoW is WAY too far in to just randomly pull races from existing factions into a random, storyless (or horribly contrively storied) faction that just seemingly pops up out of nowhere. As it stands, if they haven't gotten to a proper third faction by now in WoW, it is never going to happen, even if a third faction might really make for some interesting game play/story possibilities moving forward. I suppose it MIGHT be possible to rearrange races into new factions, but then they would have to offer free race changes for every character of the races pulled into the new faction in case people have no desire to work in a new faction and want to stay with their current faction.