FFXIV and Win 10

I just got a new laptop, and instead of putting up with Win 8.1, which I hate, I'm thinking of immediately taking the free upgrade to windows 10.

Is anyone running on windows 10? I assume ffxiv works just fine, I would just like confirmation.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I run it on Win 10 just fine apart from the launcher being iffy once but that was probably something on my end.

Works perfectly for me.

Windows 10 won't really be complete until November, it was rushed out the door to get it to market before back to school/tax free weekend with the ideal they would do a more comprehensive update in October, but was pushed back to November. I am waiting for November to upgrade.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mine is working fine in windows 10 on both a PC and a Laptop.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV runs flawlessly, but some of the programs you can use outside of FFXIV for things like measuring DPS can get a bit wonky.

ACT runs fine, but I've run into problems with all of the overlay plugins.
    disco inferno

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Windows 10 won't really be complete until November, it was rushed out the door to get it to market before back to school/tax free weekend with the ideal they would do a more comprehensive update in October, but was pushed back to November. I am waiting for November to upgrade.
    Me too. I fully intended to wait until SP1 (assuming it came before the free time was over).

I will still do that on my windows 7 desktop. I just don't want to do 8. I could get used to it, but if I'm going to get used to something new... it might as well be 10... since that is going to happen eventually anyway.

EVERYONE: Thanks for your information, and thanks for not turning a simple question into a windows version deathmatch.

As others have mentioned there are some issues with Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT) which is the third party program that is essentially Skada. A lot of people use Guildworks third party tool as well for blocking gil spammers (RMT spam) but I haven't had any issues with this program myself. The game by itself is flawless and I personally haven't noticed a difference in FPS. Same as it in Windows 7 for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Me too. I fully intended to wait until SP1 (assuming it came before the free time was over).

I will still do that on my windows 7 desktop. I just don't want to do 8. I could get used to it, but if I'm going to get used to something new... it might as well be 10... since that is going to happen eventually anyway.

EVERYONE: Thanks for your information, and thanks for not turning a simple question into a windows version deathmatch.
    My computer's quite new so had 8.1 but with a Windows 7 shell. I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago fully expecting to reinstall the shell but haven't so far, Windows 10 has been great and the things that have annoyed me have been because of me not knowing how to do certain things rather than a problem with the OS itself. The 'tablety' thing has been toned down a lot from Win 8.

Also, MS Edge is superb, blows Chrome out the water in terms of responsiveness and speed even before you block ads; there's an open source ad blocker of sorts (http://www.edgeadblock.com/) that has worked perfectly for me so far.

I haven't had any problems at all with FFXIV on Windows 10 (or with anything else). I have an Nvidia graphics card, there were apparently some issues early on with them but I haven't had any yet, maybe because I decided to wait to upgrade once any initial problems had been addressed.
    Last edited by mmocf2713d0352; 2015-09-28 at 01:36 AM.