Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Curt Schilling Fired for Comparing Muslims to Nazis

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ims-Nazis.html

ESPN analyst Curt Schilling SUSPENDED after tweeting offensive meme comparing Muslims to Nazis

• Curt Schilling, former World Series MVP, tweeted out a meme showing Adolf Hitler that likened Muslim extremists to Nazis
    • He deleted the tweet less than 10 minutes later and proceeded to apologize to individual users for posting it
    • ESPN later released a statement condemning his tweet and announcing Schilling's suspension from Little League World Series coverage

Former baseball great-turned-ESPN analyst Curt Schilling posted, and then deleted, an incendiary meme on Twitter this morning comparing Muslim extremists to Nazis.

The image, which featured a photo of Adolf Hitler, carried the following text: 'It's said ONLY 5-10% of Muslims are Extremists. In 1940, ONLY 7% of Germans were Nazis. How'd that go?'

Schilling, an outspoken former pitcher for the Boston Red Sox and the Philadelphia Phillies known for sharing over-the-top content on social media, commented: 'the math is staggering when you get to the true #'s.'

Twitter users wasted no time letting Schilling, 48, know how they felt about the meme, accusing him of spewing hatred.

User SwedishCar850 tweeted at Schilling: 'Wow Curt...have so much respect for your work with vets but this is SO far beneath you...truly disappointing.'

The ESPN analyst replied by writing: 'agreed, my apologies. That didn't come across in any way as intended or interpreted.'

'Needed to actually think a bit before acting on that one,' he told another user.

The overwhelming backlash prompted Schilling to take down the post just a few minutes later, but the damage has already been done.

ESPN released a statement soon after blasting Schilling's ill-conceived tweet as 'unacceptable' and not representative of the network's 'perspective.'

Besides getting a verbal tongue-lashing from his employer, Schilling was also immediately sidelined from covering the Little League World Series 'pending further consideration.'
    Well that wasn't very smart.

Other sources:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/curt...ms-1201578022/
    http://www.people.com/article/curt-s...lim-nazi-tweet

is he wrong? Muslim Extremists Are as bad as Nazis. . .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    The truth is not PC!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The truth is not PC!
    its not about PC, he said Extremists. Isis is just as bad as the Nazis where. o_0

Oh goody, more censorship concerning anything muslim.

This is poetic justice, considering Schilling had his fellow ESPN colleague Keith Law suspended last November because Schilling (a creationist) was offended by Law's tweets defending evolution.

Deleted
    "it's said" basically means, I pulled this number out my ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
    This is poetic justice, considering Schilling had his fellow ESPN colleague Keith Law suspended last November because Schilling (a creationist) was offended by Law's tweets defending evolution.
    0_o please say that's not true. You can be fired in America for believing in evolution over creationism?

10+ Year Old Account
    The implication was that moderate muslims are just as accepting of extremism as germans were of nazism. I find that hard to be true, consaidering many muslims are being killed by the extreme muslims...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    "it's said" basically means, I pulled this number out my ass.
    The numbers are based off a mostly discredited anonymous study where Muslims were polled asking if they believe in Sharia Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    0_o please say that's not true. You can be fired in America for believing in evolution over creationism?
    Well technically ESPN didn't fire Law, they just suspended him. And ESPN claimed it had nothing to do with his defense of evolution, but Law made it pretty obvious they were full of shit with his first tweet back.

Here's a couple links regarding the incident:

http://deadspin.com/espn-suspends-ke...vol-1661836868

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11...inger-to-espn/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well deserved firing.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

oh come on

Nazis were far more organized

If you think about it the Muslims is acting almost as bad as before the crusades, commiting atrocities against Christians, Jews and Muslims, expanding quickly killing everyone, so very much like the thing we have with isis and other muslim extremist groups now. Back then it was byzantines alexios asking the pope for help now its other countrys banding together against muslim extremists. Now that was one of many reasons france launched the first crusades. Bottom line the crusades saved europe untill reasent days now europe is on the way of getting fucked again lol and guess the reason?
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2015-08-26 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    oh come on

Nazis were far more organized
    this made me a lot more laugh than I should have.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    He's 100% correct. People these days are just butthurt pussies.

You are both very wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    If you think about it the Muslims is acting almost as bad as before the crusades, commiting atrocities against Christians, Jews and Muslims, expanding quickly killing everyone, so very much like the thing we have with isis and other muslim extremist groups now. Back then it was byzantines alexios asking the pope for help now its other countrys banding together against muslim extremists. Now that was one of many reasons france launched the first crusades. Bottom line the crusades saved europe untill reasent days now europe is on the way of getting fucked again lol and guess the reason?
    You are wrong on every single level. The crusades were only there to fill the treasury, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    He's 100% correct. People these days are just butthurt pussies.
    and you have no idea what you are talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don´t know, sound 80-160 mio muslim extremists reasonable to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.