Connecting a new console - will this work?

Hello everyone.

Not a PC question per se but seems related, and I always found people here helpful, so here goes:

In my room currently I have a television, PS4,dvd player and surround sound system.

My PS4, dvd player and the sound system (speakers etc) are connected to my television, they are not visible however since they are connected through a tunnel we dug in the wall when we built my room (its a new house).

My friends surprised me and bought me and xbox one for my birthday. I want to connect it, but sadly there is no more room for more cables in the tunnel in the wall, and I'm not keen on the idea of disconnected the television anyway since that would require a lot of assembly (its mounted on the wall, will have to disconnect and reconnect everything etc).

So I came up with this idea, I would like to know if it works before I actually buy the materials.

Currently my PS4 is connected to the TV via a hdmi cable that runs behind the wall. I want to disconnect that cable from the ps4 (so its still connected to the tv at one end, but nothing in the other), and connect it to an hdmi switch such as http://www.gold-touch.net/ITEM?item_id=209&cat_id=2 as output. I will then connect my ps4 and xbox1 to that hdmi switch as inputs.

Will this work? Is there anything I should be aware of? I will connect the xb1 to the hdmi switch with the hdmi cable that came with the xbox, but the hdmi cable that came with the ps4 is connected to the tv and i dont want to remove it. can i use any hdmi cable to connect the ps4 to the hdmi switch?

theres nothing special about which hdmi cable you should use for your ps4 or xbox, a cable is a cable, some are higher quality than others, but as long as the connector fits, it'll work.

in your situation, the hdmi switch seems like a perfectly logical solution
    <insert witty signature here>