[Movies] The Revenant (2015)

Hopefully this one finally bags Leo his long-delayed Oscar.

And man, I've been reading the story about the man this movie is about (Hugh Glass) and holy shit...they just don't make people anywhere near as tough as they used to be. Hugh Glass's story is absolutely amazing; the biggest change that I can tell that the movie made is that the party that left him for dead didn't take his son, but rather his weapons, and especially his prized rifle.

I guess Hollywood thought a revenge tale to get back a rifle wouldn't resonate with audiences as much as a quest to get one's son back.

But Hugh Glass really did crawl for over six weeks after surviving a bear mauling and being left for dead. His ribs were exposed, and at one point he lay down on a rotting carcass so that the maggots on said carcass would switch over to him and eat the dead flesh to prevent gangrene. When he finally was found by some friendly Indians, they sewed a bear hide onto his back to cover the wound...kind of a primitive skin graft.

There are so many stories from the late 1700's to early 1800's when the frontier really was an insanely wild and dangerous place that are lost to common memory, and this is definitely one of them, so I can't wait to see it brought to life.

But shit guys...read up on some of the early frontiersman. Jim Bridger, Hugh Glass, Jedediah Smith...they were seriously fucking badasses the likes of which the world has little seen ever since.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2015-10-26 at 04:47 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when Tom Hardy uses his 'Lawless' accent.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.