Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Remember when Rogue stealth actually meant something?

Who remembers when Stealth actually involved sneaking around. It made the Rogue invisible, but came with 50% movement speed decrease (which could be talented to 30% decrease) because... you know... THEY'RE SNEAKING.

Now with the right talents they can literally "sneak" around close to the speed of an epic land mount... What the fuck.

Not only are those little fuckers hard to catch, but they're like little invisible bullets. Why not just make Stealth give thems shadow wings and have them fly around in Stealth at epic flying mount speed as well?

Jeez, Blizz. Ever heard of ability balance?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I remember our rogue' not taking improved sap and him coming out of stealth numerous times trying to cc in UBRS, LBRS, or live Strath. Twas funny.

are you actually complaining about rogues moving to fast while stealthed?

Deleted
    rank 1 stealth was 50%. Last rank was I think 30% (-15% with talents).
    But ye I always thought it was funny how they move faster in stealth now. But I guess rouges are not that good so it doesnt really matter. And I like it. Its cool and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    are you actually complaining about rogues moving to fast while stealthed?
    Well...I mean, yeah, obviously they are and it's not without merit.

Rogue stealth used to have a lot of counterplay because you had the advantage of speed compared to their invisibility. You could often, for example, intentionally run in a direction for a good amount of time and then drop an AoE to your side, knowing that the rogue was trying to cut a corner to catch up and sap you. It was almost like a mindgame if you knew the rogue was there because you had the speed and they had...well, stealth.

Nowadays in PvP it's assumed that a rogue is going to get an opener. Against a good rogue, there really is no catching them because they're faster than you and as such they don't have to worry about their approaching angle. If they get caught they can simply dart away with any variance of mobility cooldowns and restealth.

I'm not saying that I necessarily thought moving at a snail's pace was fun, but it made a lot more sense from a PvP and a common sense perspective. It's just another case of game design being unable to go back to the old design because after you've had a taste of convenience and ease of use you can't just spring difficulty and slowness on everyone and expect them to be okay with it.

The whole game is more face paced these days, so to me it makes sense. What I dislike is that talent that gives speed increase for a low amount of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    The whole game is more face paced these days, so to me it makes sense. What I dislike is that talent that gives speed increase for a low amount of energy.
    BoS costs 30 Energy.

I'd be happy for stealth to be slowed down, if every single ranged spec lost sprint abilities, warriors only had intercept in combat, no hunter disengage etc. The game has moved on, and most specs are difficult to stick on even with burst of speed, so how on earth do you think rogues crawling about at 50% speed are going to get clean openers with shamans, priests, hunters, monks all zooming around the map at light speed?

And rogues don't go "almost as fast" as ground mounts. With nightstalker rogues move at 215% in stealth. With talented sprint it's 240% or something. It's actually cool, you know, stealth being a bonus and not a liability.

Generally what I notice is that good players complain about mages and warlocks in pvp, and bad players complain about rogues.

You are complaining that characters are becoming more powerful in an RPG?

Rogues are super fast ninjas now that can vanish in a puff of smoke.
    Mages can summon meteors.
    Warlocks can control Infernals indefinitely.
    Hunters can summon a small army of beasts.
    Etcetera.

Deleted
    Rogues are meant to be played like pussies though.. What should be stopped is the speed while carrying a flag

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    Yeah I remember our rogue' not taking improved sap and him coming out of stealth numerous times trying to cc in UBRS, LBRS, or live Strath. Twas funny.
    If I remember correctly not improved was 30% success chance with improved being 90%, meaning you could still break out of stealth from trying to sap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Rogues are meant to be played like pussies though.. What should be stopped is the speed while carrying a flag
    This! It is a true pussyclass indeed which is fine; you need people to play that. The pace at which they can run flags to their base, and the amount of things they have to get slows off though, it's incredibly bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If I remember correctly not improved was 30% success chance with improved being 90%, meaning you could still break out of stealth from trying to sap.
    it was 0% without talent, u 100% lose stealth if u try sap (and can fail), however u are right that 90% with improved sap, u still can lose stealth after sapping
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Mobility for everyone is pretty ridiculous in MOP/WOD. Everyone needs to be toned down a lot.

Won't happen, though. No one actually likes balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Lmao you play the only class in the game that can do a full rotation from 40 yards away with 100% uptime on snares and rogues are the pussies? Ok fam.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Other classes gotten too powerful where Rogues basically need their current Stealth movement speed.

It's frustrating playing a Rogue. IDK how anyone could enjoy it when every class has 1000 defensive cd's to cycle through with a million ways to heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    When are players going to stop shitting on rogues without overlooking their own abilities?
    Last edited by Polybius; 2015-09-01 at 01:02 AM.

Rogues and their stealth are pussies!
    >Divine shield
    >Lay on Hands
    >deterrence
    >camouflage
    >Psychic scream
    >Priest vanish
    >Shadowmeld > flightform
    >Heart of the wild > Stealth
    >Monk rolling then chi torpedo and double sprint
    ROGUES ARE COWARDS TROLOLOL
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Lmao you play the only class in the game that can do a full rotation from 40 yards away with 100% uptime on snares and rogues are the pussies? Ok fam.
    OH don't even get me started on them.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Generally what I notice is that good players complain about mages and warlocks in pvp, and bad players complain about rogues.
    My only complaint about rogues is that I can't kill them fast anymore (resto druid) cuz they took away 95% of my offense. Paladin's are still the biggest pussy class.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================