Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I comfort myself with all the gold.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    That's not what I meant. You could kill the Lich King 1000 times and that wouldn't make your chance of getting the mount any higher the next time. I understand that fine (major in Finance). What I meant was that sometimes you have bad RNG on certain mounts and it will seem like everyone in the server has that mount but you (with your 400 kills) while on other mounts you will get pretty lucky balancing your luck. Good luck on certain mounts, bad luck on others. I have yet to meet someone that has had insane bad luck on EVERY mount or insane good luck on EVERY mount.
    Ok, then I misunderstood. I don't know people who are/were very unlucky on every mount. Though I do know some people who have insane mountluck on everything they farm - needing at max 10 kills for 1% mounts. But those are usually people who don't farm mounts really often, so - no good statistics behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...yourself to do that again after so many many tries failed?I know this is all rng, but you know that feeling after xxx kills mount still not drop.I know if you will try try and try one day mount will PROLLY drop, but how you overcome that feeling when you see mount still not drop?

thx in advance and cheers...xD!!!
    I tell myself that the next kill will drop it... and I keep telling myself that until it happens... Sometimes I get lucky... only took 20x to get Ashes, 12x to get the one from Seth... sometimes not... evidenced by 1184 kills to get the Kara mount

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Just don't expect the drop and make it a routine.
    After a few years this will happen:
    Whats the addon that tells you how many attempts?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Its gotta' drop at some point.

Why do you think I keep doing Sha of Anger even after 1600+ attempts
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

I'm still curled in a fetal position after my last DS run.

Fuck you, Awake the Drakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    ...yourself to do that again after so many many tries failed?I know this is all rng, but you know that feeling after xxx kills mount still not drop.I know if you will try try and try one day mount will PROLLY drop, but how you overcome that feeling when you see mount still not drop?

I had rare mounts drop, so whenever I'm farming I just remember the feel of previous drops. It's a great incentive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post

'cause you are a masochist? (joking, I know your pain)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm still curled in a fetal position after my last DS run.

Fuck you, Awake the Drakes.
    cant get past spine solo so I dont farm DS drakes, yet... lol... still working on Mimi's head and Invincible.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I know it's weird but I can almost sense it when I know a mount dropped before I looted it. lol

I managed to get Experiment from Ultrax the other day and Lifebinder's earlier today. You just got to keep trying. Thankfully with Dragon Soul and Firelands you're making a ton of gold in the process between loot and bosses. Heroic 25 bosses drop like 125 gold a piece. So between those two raids you wind up with like 3k gold.

Still hoping for Ashes, Invincible, and astral Cloud Serpent, but who knows. Got one more mount to get from Dragon Soul too. I've never bothered farming for the Karazhan mount but I might after I get the others. Gave up on Raven Lord a long time ago too. And Mirm's head I want, but Ulduar takes so long with Flame Leviathan...

I've kind of burnt myself out on going after them lately though so I might just stick to doing icc 25, h firelands 25, and maybe tempest keep on everyone and take a breather.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    'cause you are a masochist? (joking, I know your pain)

- - - Updated - - -

cant get past spine solo so I dont farm DS drakes, yet... lol... still working on Mimi's head and Invincible.

Spine is a pain but I'm slowly getting used to it. If you just strafe back and forth it's easy. I learned that the hard way and tried to do the whole standing in the grapple tentacle thing. But if you just run back and forth before you think he's going to shift and collect bloods it's easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    I actually had like the worst luck in the world in terms of mounts before WOD:

- Camped Aeonaxx during 56 days almost non-stop during my hollidays, saw other people mounting it and fighting the whelps 4 or 5 times during those 56 days but he just wouldn't spawn where I camped. I changed location and the next day he spawned in my old location and someone who was there for like 4 or 5 days got it. Only after a friend decided to help me did I get the mount, with the mob spawning where my friend was;

- Saw mounts such as the old ZG mounts drop, Onyxia one, Archavon one, Baron's mount back in those days and never won the roll;

- Took me over 400 kills each to get both the new ZG mounts;

- Camped my server's BMAH during MOP every single day and Invincible didn't appear once;

- I have over 500 Attuman's kills and haven't looted the mount yet;

- Tons of my other mounts all took over 150 kills to get.

Then suddenly WOD arrives and I get Invincible, Mimiron's Head and Drake of the South Wind in the same week with barely 32 kills each...Then Elegon drops his mount after 18 kills too...Unfortunately the Sha of Anger's mount hasn't appeared in my server's BMAH yet even though I have camped it since day 1 of the expansion and that is the mount I wanted the most.

Anyway, I think RNG eventually balances itself, which means if you are having bad luck now you will have good luck in the future so maybe you can try to find some confort there.
    I think Baron's mount is just a myth. I've seen it maybe once in the 10 years I've been playing.

It must have like a .00001% drop chance or something.

Deleted
    Whats the addon that tells you how many attempts?
    Rarity. Sadly, it can't backtrack most of the things before you install it.

That remembers me of a guildie who tried it a few weeks ago. She got furious because she kept falling of the back, and me finding it so funny didn't really help the situation.
    But since the nerfs he has become quite easy. The only thing to learn is the timing of his roll, as that's still a one-shot mechanic. It takes a few tries to get that right. But when you got it, it's the same every week, so it's definitely worth learning it.

Deleted
    I have most of the rare drop mounts, the only ones I can farm off the top of my head is Horridon (too lazy to clear trash), Ultraxion (250+ accountwide kills encounting) and Al'akir (200+ accountwide kills encounting) and Stratholme mount, I have honestly lost count on how many runs I have done for this, but between my dk, Monk, Rogue and my Warrior I have done close to 1.2k runs since WotLK released. It appeared on our BMAH a few weeks ago and I honestly contemplated dropping 956k on it just so I NEVER have to set foot in Stratholme ever again, place is literally cancer.

I'm not the kind of guy that jumps out of my seat when a mount drops, but I do enjoy farming them as it's something to do in my spare time (+ it adds to achievement points when I'll eventually get 300 :P). Motivation isn't really there, it's just a cycle for me to go to tot4w & DS every single week now, plus it's pretty decent gold. I also NEVER camp mounts, I got Aeonaxx randomly whilst checking at like 5am years ago on a dead server (funny thing is, I checked 10mins prior and he wasn't there, went to storm peaks and then checked back before bed and poof, there he was), and I got Camel by putting tomtom coords in for all the spawns and doing a lap every day, took about 5 statues for the mount.

I don't farm the world boss mounts actively, I got the Sha mount randomly whilst I saw a group forming near him as I flew past though.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2015-08-28 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Consider yourself lucky that all the pre-MoP raids are really easy now, that wasn't the case a few years back. Smacking your head against the wall trying to kill Kael'thas, Yogg and the Lich King then have no mount drop was soul destroying, now you just hit them a couple of times and voila.

I've obtained all the raid drop mounts over the years, mainly due to having an army of alts. The last mount was the Astral Cloud Serpent, and that took like 200 tries (spread over 12 characters) to obtain.

You just have to keep pushing on and remember that "feeling" when the mount finally does drop, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post

With how many chars are you farming them?
    Last edited by Lei; 2015-08-28 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    With how many chars are you farming them?
    Based on when MOP went live ~152wks ago, I'd have to say ~11-13 chars if not more (assuming no breaks, or skips).

Fuck mounts, I've been trying to get these 22% droprate shoulders from sunwell for well over 3 months now and have yet to see them drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Fuck mounts, I've been trying to get these 22% droprate shoulders from sunwell for well over 3 months now and have yet to see them drop.
    40+ Fandral kills with my druids and I'm still looking for that seed pouch.

Deleted
    I got every rare drop mount relatively fast (farming weekly on muliple max elvel toons helps) but I never got the Zulian Tiger after running it countless times and it still stings

RNG is RNG I guess. I've seen Ashes drop close to 10 times by now and some people have never seen it since they can solo it.

Actually it probably won't drop. Look up the definition to insanity, you may not like what you see in respect to mount farming in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I got every rare drop mount relatively fast (farming weekly on muliple max elvel toons helps) but I never got the Zulian Tiger after running it countless times and it still stings

RNG is RNG I guess. I've seen Ashes drop close to 10 times by now and some people have never seen it since they can solo it.
    Lucky for you... you can just buy it.

The thrill of getting one is what keeps me coming back. The disappointment of not getting it is slight, since you know it's a long shot. The thrill of getting it once is far greater than the cumulative disappointment of missing it 99 times.

Personally, I'm very respectful of the moment when the boss goes down. Before I loot, I take a brief moment to let the anticipation simmer a little. Then I shift click so it doesn't auto-loot, and there's this crazy little half a second where my eyes are scanning the loot window and I'm trying to process the information. When you get the mount, the loot window looks and feels a little different, even before you've processed and confirmed it. Because the mount comes in addition to the other loot. So there's these little moments, like when you see three pieces of loot when you're used to seeing two. Or you see an arrow for a second page of loot when you're used to all the loot being on one page. Then you know something special happened. Usually it's just something like a rare tailoring pattern, or some other random addition to the loot.

As for coping with the failures...I try to tell my friends, the mount doesn't drop until you learn to accept the fact that it's not going to, and once you understand that, it has no choice but to drop. I try to look at big picture. For each individual attempt, I know it's almost a certainty that I'm not going to see it. But I also know that that mount is no match for the numbers I throw at it. I have 7 or 8 characters that can farm Cata raids and below comfortably. And when I play a month, I resub on a Sunday or Monday so I get 6 raid lockouts. So I know going into that month, if I just dutifully put in the work, that's 48 kills of that boss I can do in a month. So the entire month's worth of attempts is essentially a coin flip for getting the mount. Whether it happens on #1 or #41 is irrelevant. And if it doesn't happen this month, I'll get it the next month, or the month after that.

If you're the type of person that goes in there once a week with one character, hoping and thinking and believing that that week is going to be your week, then mount farming is probably not for you. Because unless you get lucky and get it quickly, the cumulative toll is going to bury you in frustration. And it's just a game. It's not worth torturing yourself and making yourself feel bad. But if you can make peace with not getting it, the mount will come when it comes.

"Eventually"

Took me 148 kills to get onyxia.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are only a few that I'm still farming, but I'm pretty tired of them at this point. I don't run them every week anymore, pretty much when I'm bored I will. You can also get some decent gold from running a few, that's always incentive.