Thread: Mad Max

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mad Max

Mad Max releases next Tuesday (Sept 1st), and I am not really hearing anything about it. I feel like I may be the only person picking it up on Tuesday. Maybe, the last Batman game's pc port burned too many people, but I really enjoyed Shadows of Mordor so I have faith in Warner Bros. I am a little nervous to pre-order it but for only ~$35 on Greemangaming, I feel it is worth the gamble. Is anyone with me?

10+ Year Old Account
    the game looks really cool and theres been a lot of live streams and interviews with the devs in the past 2 weeks check IGN and GAMESPOT .
    anyway MAD MAX has to compete with METAL GEAR SOLID V THE PHANTON PAIN wich comes out the same day , sep 1.

Yea, MGS:PP has basically taken all the press.

The videos were flying out 3 weeks ago on MM but have since slowed to a crawl.

This game could be a sleeper like Shadow of Mordor last year but they truly picked the dumbest release date known to man for it. I fear no matter how good it is it will be lost in the hype of MGSV.

Don't normally pre-order, but couldn't pass up 50% off on GMG yesterday (MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX). I normally like these kind of games so worth the chance.

I'm 100% more interested in this game than in MGSV myself.

Ill wait it out for some reviews.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Yeah I think this game defiantly has a lot of potential to be really good. But metal gear gets my attention first.

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    copy/pasted batman combat (everyone lines up around you in a circle and attacks one by one...) WB is publisher, AVOID! Just get MGSV and have an epic gaming week.
    Oh and no review codes have been sent out
    WB is publisher, that means buy it on console because it's probably a great game with a shitty pc port.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it has a lot of potential, I'll probably pick it up... Probably not for a while though, not with Fallout and Disgaea on the horizon.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    You should wait to read a few reviews. There is really no reason to believe this would be good yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be a day 1 buy for me. Been looking forward to this game since it's announcement. Too bad there's no collector's edition that came with a statue of Max and his car or something I would've sucked that up.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

So yeah, this game is pretty sweet so far lol. See how long before things get a bit stale with clearing out threats and what not.

But...this...

http://i.imgur.com/00Gh6ts.gif

moar plz (not really a spoiler since its like 30 seconds into the game)
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    copy/pasted batman combat (everyone lines up around you in a circle and attacks one by one...) WB is publisher, AVOID! Just get MGSV and have an epic gaming week.
    Oh and no review codes have been sent out
    Ugh, that's enough to put me off the game.

Loved the most recent Mad Max film so was wanting this game to be good. Not done any proper research on this game yet, so won't write it off just yet. Going to be careful before I make a purchase though!

copy/pasted batman combat (everyone lines up around you in a circle and attacks one by one...)

And there's something wrong with that how? What kind of melee combat would you find in the Mad Max universe if not EXACTLY THAT. Don't let the nay-sayers fool you, they don't know what they're talking about. The game is fun, the world is huge, driving is great and so is the vehicle combat. It's definitely not a guns blazing game like some others. It's the first open world game I've ever played that has the ability to fast travel, and haven't used it because driving is just that much fun.

Releasing on same week as MGS V... good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    Releasing on same week as MGS V... good idea?
    Terrible. Utterly.

For the same reasons why nobody wants to release their movies this Christmas on the same weekend as Star Wars, nobody wants to release their game this Tuesday on the same day as MSGV.

Except lil' WB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Terrible. Utterly.

For the same reasons why nobody wants to release their movies this Christmas on the same weekend as Star Wars, nobody wants to release their game this Tuesday on the same day as MSGV.

Except lil' WB.
    I can't say anything about sales, but some of the bigger streamers have preferred playing Mad Max above MGS V. Of course this doesn't say much, if anything at all. Just thought it was worth pointing out.

Seems like it's a bad thing for either companies to do tbh. Mad Max is a pretty universal franchise if I say so myself. Especially with the movie having come out this year.

I am interested in Mad Max and it seems like fun but here is my problem with it from what I have seen.

It seems like there is alot of repeat filler content like go to X outpost and recover it repeat this 100 more times. Its been getting average score's it seems from reviewers but I could careless just saying is all.

It looks fun but looks like it may get boring after a couple hrs. With that said I do plan to get it but I'm playing MGSV:PP atm sooo ya.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully plan to pick this up at some point. I just have a hard time with single player games outside of Fallout and I am afraid Ill pick it up and only sink a few hours into it before I want to interact with human being. Ill probably wait for a good Steam sale though or the next time I watch Fury Road Ill make an impulse buy. Ive seriously watched that movie like 4 times now not including seeing it in theater. Every time I see something new or pick up on something subtle regarding the story or characters.

Played a bit yesterday and today- rather enjoyable. It looks really great too!

The smoke and dust effects are impressive. View distance is insane- the distance at which you can drive/see as playable space is rater nice.

Combat is 'okay'. I don't know if this game was mo-capped or hand rigged, but the animations alternate between fabulous and robotic.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-09-04 at 12:32 PM.