Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand why Canadians would want a wall to hold back Americans not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Upstate New York gets more snow than all of Canada combined. What we actually got is piss-freezing cold. Which is glorious because cold weather forces you to think practically. Also Hockey >>> Football and Basketball. We give you people three team sports and you crap on the best one.
    Upstate NY ...each and every fucking winter.

If that was the case it would make the U.S. Iraq.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I've worked with a few illegal Canadians over the years.

Well, I guess they were legal in Canada, but they were here in the US illegally. Yes they were stealing our jobs.
    The reason this happens everywhere in the world has to do that people can't be find locally to do the work, it's a lot less hassle for the company to do this with local people. People who work 'illegally' as of the record to avoid taxes are more often than not Native to the country they are from.

It's the same nonsense i heard from others, sure the illegal workers as in tax avoiding do reduce the work available for those who work on the record however this is not those people fault but the companies and part the government due to high taxes on the workforce due to high competition in surrounding nations and lack of control. In Europe we often have to rely on eastern europeans since there's often a shortage in several branches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    1. If not for the Tories GST cuts, the budget would have balanced itself, and without requiring the jiggery pokery with crown asset sales the Tories resorted to create their fake balance budget this year.

2. FYI, provincial NDP governments have the best record in balancing budgets.
    For point number 2. No, just no. That is so far removed from what is reality. Just no. The NDP changed our Balanced Budget laws so they could run deficits instead of actually trying to balance the budget.

I'd think anyone who went through the NDP gov in BC would also disagree with it.

It's only worked, or seemed to have, in Sask because they just pilfer crown corporations or dump debt on to them to make ends meet or fudge a surplus. Same thing Clark did in the 90s.

It's now September 1 and the new NDP gov here hasn't even built a budget since taking over in May...oil is shit so I'm not expecting it to be amazing or anything (despite a surplus last year) but at this point it seems like they're just waiting as long as possible to fluff the federal election. Why the hell is the federal party dictating the release/completion of our provincial budget?

...and still despite the year long projection of a multi billion deficit...they want to spend even more this year. Fuck me...
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-09-01 at 08:03 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Upstate New York gets more snow than all of Canada combined. What we actually got is piss-freezing cold. Which is glorious because cold weather forces you to think practically. Also Hockey >>> Football and Basketball. We give you people three team sports and you crap on the best one.
    Um, Soccer is arguably the best one. Hockey is niche. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Meh, I live in Canada Jr. Hey it's 100F with 90% humidity! Oh, now it's -20F and we just had three feet of snow. Yeeeeah! I read that 80 proof vodka might freeze at -18F. Let's try.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

yeah I'm pretty sure the NE states and places around the lakes like Chicago get worse winters than I get here despite being 10 degrees further north.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

How many loonies will a Canadian yard worker cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    yeah I'm pretty sure the NE states and places around the lakes like Chicago get worse winters than I get here despite being 10 degrees further north.
    It's kind of weird looking at a map. International Falls, Minnesota is about the same latitude as Paris, but it's the coldest place in the continental US. It's south of the UK and most of Germany.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's kind of weird looking at a map. International Falls, Minnesota is about the same latitude as Paris, but it's the coldest place in the continental US. It's south of the UK and most of Germany.
    Western Europe doesn't have as deep of an inland and all that thermal energy stored in the ocean normalizes their temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Western Europe doesn't have as deep of an inland and all that thermal energy stored in the ocean normalizes their temperature.
    I know the environmental variables. Warm current from the Gulf, etc, whereas International Falls is pretty much land locked. I just find it interesting that it's south of the UK, yet gets super cold weather. It's record is -60F/-51C. Yeeeah. Frost bite in a few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    For point number 2. No, just no. That is so far removed from what is reality. Just no. The NDP changed our Balanced Budget laws so they could run deficits instead of actually trying to balance the budget.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Canada is officially in recession or so today's news says.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    The US, taking great efforts to finally keep Justin Beiber out of the country!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The problem is more the government is so adverse to running a deficit. There are times when you should run a deficit and then balance it later with surpluses when the economy is doing much better. But saying you want to run a deficit is political suicide even when it would be the better option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Canada is officially in recession or so today's news says.
    We elected conservatives, conservatives always cause recessions.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Is he worried that the Canadians might burn down the White House again?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an issue according to the Pollster on Huffington post Walker dropped .5% from 5.3 to 4.8 favorability.... on the other hand Trump is up 1.2% from 29.5 to 30.7
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.