Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Am I the only one that laughed at Dreadsteed for ten minutes straight?

Then I laughed at the hate comments for another fifteen.

Opinion on viability aside, the big suspenseful build-up that is the voting system coupled with everyone going crazy over the art? Seeing 1/1 as the stat line was just hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id love to see it with a KT and a warsong commander.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

yes, because you have no imagination, one way to use dreadsteed is with anima golem
    Be feared, or be fuel

15+ Year Old Account
    Dreadsteed is one of those cards with a ton of potential, and people will be trying to make broken decks with it just like they did with Grim Patron (which a lot of people likewise laughed off, along with Dr. Boom and Antique Healbot, if you'll recall).

It's a combo piece that's reasonably safe on the board and can continually harass your opponent. If you compare it to a hero power, it recoups its cost after two attacks. Since it can't really die, it'll always be there as a target for cards like Power Overwhelming, Void Terror, etc.

One thing you have to consider about Dreadsteed is that its mana cost and stats are very unusal, which almost certainly means that Blizzard tested it at lower mana costs and it turned out to be broken on turn 2 or 3. Which means it might be really strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Seems viable. You just have to play the 6 mana shredder, get the Dreadsteed and then play your combo over 2 turns without being interrupted. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    yes, because you have no imagination, one way to use dreadsteed is with anima golem
    WoW, 9 mana minion on the board, for only 6! I just had to pay 4 mana a turn before for another worthless minion!

Be right back, looking for other ways to waste tempo.

15+ Year Old Account
    its not good.... but hell, it has some potential somewhere. Maybe not within the first two expansions though :x

10+ Year Old Account
    no that was reserved for the coliseum manager.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It's 4 mana for 1 damage on the board that is basically unremoveable. It's not like your opponent is going to silence a 1/1.

I think the 4 mana is a bit excessive but in a game that's mostly about sticky board minions these days we're talking about the stickiest minion ever. I can think of lots of uses.

If 1/1s were useless then nobody would have a use for the minions that pop out of Haunted Creepers.

Like most things in TGT this could be a good card, if the speed of the game slows down enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In before Warsong Commander combo.

Oh, wait. WarLOCK? Meh.
    Apart from the mana cost it's well suited to Zoo. Some matches I would KILL for one more minion to attack with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Turn 7 Coin Void caller + Dread Steed. Turn 8 double hellfire with Malganis in hand?

It's classified as Demon. I'm sure we'll see some unexpected plays with it.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's 4 mana for 1 damage on the board that is basically unremoveable. It's not like your opponent is going to silence a 1/1.

I think the 4 mana is a bit excessive but in a game that's mostly about sticky board minions these days we're talking about the stickiest minion ever. I can think of lots of uses.

If 1/1s were useless then nobody would have a use for the minions that pop out of Haunted Creepers.

Like most things in TGT this could be a good card, if the speed of the game slows down enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from the mana cost it's well suited to Zoo. Some matches I would KILL for one more minion to attack with.
    how is this card EVER going to be good in slow meta? and yeah, if you were running this in zoo, you would have wasted 4 mana on this isntead of smth like argus or DID or whatever, loosing probably alot more damage in the process...

its junk, haunted creeper is good, because it actually has good value in the bodies combined, 1/2 body for 1 mana, two 1/1s for 1 mana, thats good. dreadsteed would need like 6 turns turns killing stuff before he would be "worth it" and thats just not worth it....

Deleted
    Wont be played in any deck. One of the worst cards of TgT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    KT and Baron might make this playable along with sacrificial pact and mortal coil. One isn't a big problem but 3-4 on the board can do work.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    KT and Baron might make this playable along with sacrificial pact and mortal coil. One isn't a big problem but 3-4 on the board can do work.
    for every dreadsteed you lose a minion slot, how is that worth it?? with KT, you want big stuff on the board, not a board spammed with 1/1s you cant even get rid of if you need to...

It is also a demon which makes it synergise with other demon cards and you can pop it from a Voidcaller to circumvent the mana cost. If that rubs your rhubarb. Of course a 1/1 from a VC ain't exactly Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    how is this card EVER going to be good in slow meta? and yeah, if you were running this in zoo, you would have wasted 4 mana on this isntead of smth like argus or DID or whatever, loosing probably alot more damage in the process...

its junk, haunted creeper is good, because it actually has good value in the bodies combined, 1/2 body for 1 mana, two 1/1s for 1 mana, thats good. dreadsteed would need like 6 turns turns killing stuff before he would be "worth it" and thats just not worth it....
    It's more like the kind of card that serves you well in a pinch.

The stats on HC are pretty much irrelevant, it's played for its sticky body that you can use with Sergeants etc to clear a board.

I'm not saying it's a great card or will see much constructed play. It's not useless at all it's just too pricey mana-wise for the current meta. Possibly any meta :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

4 mana for an endless 1/1 has the potential to be good if the game slows down. It increases the reach of every other minion you play. It is a really bad tempo loss, but if you can surmount that problem (either by playing it for free or by having a good board already), it will get value in any game longer than 10 turns.

The problem is, if it turns out to be good enough to build around, chances are it's in a meta that is slow, which will almost definitely be saturated with silences.

I think if it was 3 mana it would be auto include in any fast or demon warlock. At 4 mana, it might be too much.

It's so close to being an amazing card, but at four mana it's just too risky against silence.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In my Warlock deck, I use Thaurissan, and some taunts. It's not very viable but it is a lot of fun.
    Dreadsteed for 3 or less mana isn't as awful as 4 mana.
    Maybe...