Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavoj Zizek View Post
    Well, Illidan absorbed the powers of the skull of Gul'dan, I think they are at least somewhat equal.
    I can see that in a sense yeah. It's kinda hard to compare when dealing with a pure melee character versus a magic/melee hybrid like a demon hunter. In terms of raw power I can see them being on pretty close ground in theory anyways. That's always been the biggest problem with trying to compare characters is that it's all just theory until a creator makes it canon in some way. There can in some cases be drastic differences where it's no contest but something like that I can see being pretty tough to gauge.

7+ Year Old Account
    tfw character development...

No, we cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Am I insullting anyone by calling them sons of bitches or anything? No I'm not.
    How am I the villain here? Im voicing an opinion, it's a figure of free speech, the right everyone else here has, I am just curious as to why people like this crybaby
    You don't have the right to insult people and Free Speech prevents the government from cutting your speech. MMO-Champion isn't the government.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No. Subjective things can be rated. Not over. Not under. It's all in individual taste. And on that note, holy shit, how needy does one need to be to make a statement that demands the collective approval of a thing be directly proportional to your individual rating of that thing? Get over yourself.

Tbh when I got into warcraft it began in reign of chaos. i wish they did more with Maiev.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to steal from the well since he didnt have self restraint and was way too weak to fight demons on his own.
    Became a whiny bitch when he was banned for 10,000 years
    Tyrande freed him, he only "helped" them because he could keep his penis down, anything for tyrande. He makes a bad image with men, same as jim raynor.
    Too weak to defeat Tichondrius without gul'dans power so he took it. I mean, this bring up a fucking dilemma here. He wasnt allowed to do this. You forgive him for doing this?
    Seriously?

I don't want characters to be perfect. If they were amazing at everything... There would be no struggle and no point to anything they did. You're right, he doesn't have much self-control and has an inferiority and a superiority complex.

He is unwilling to acknowledge when someone is stronger than him, but obsesses when he believes that they are. He's afraid of Kil'Jaeden and ashamed by his defeat by Arthas. So he runs off to Outland, the place where he had his greatest victory and begins to build an army of Demon Hunters, Fel Horde, Naga and Demons all in order to prove his strength to the Scourge and the Burning Legion.

He's a weak character, in the sense that he is easily disturbed and can put on a facade of sanity. He doesn't curse others or cry about how their better and does nothing. He takes all that pain and focuses it on himself.

People like him because they can relate to him (somewhat). The idea of loving someone who will never love you back. The idea of doing anything for your friends/family, only for them to chastise you for it.

People like him because of his faults. If you ever played WC III +TFT, you would see that every choice he makes is for his people. He accepts the power of Sargeras and Azshara, only to use it against them when the time is right. He takes in the skull of Gul'dan to defeat a demon, corrupting his homeland (Ashenvale/Felwood) and stopping a major player in the Burning Legion.

He is not a hero. As many stories tell, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. And that's exactly what Illidan is. He wanted what was best for his people and wanted to protect the woman he loved. Even if he had to sacrifice everything (which he did), he succeeded in driving out the Legion twice and earning the ire of his people and the woman he loved.

He returned to his temple in Outland and plotted against his enemies... Until we came.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope sorry

nope, Illidan is a great character and his story is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    As Illidan was portrayed in WC3:TFT (before WotA changed it), he was just a whiny crybaby.
    I don't like when ppl stick to lore officially replaced, and wasn't expecting that from you especially monkey
    this version of illidan doesn't exist anymore, it is as 'official' as doomhammer ambushing lothar in wc2
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I don't like when ppl stick to lore officially replaced, and wasn't expecting that from you especially monkey
    this version of illidan doesn't exist anymore, it is as 'official' as doomhammer ambushing lothar in wc2
    This wasn't a retcon, this was a valid historical depiction that was changed due to time travel. And Illidan was popular back when WC3 came out. That's where all his hype is coming from. And based on the lore of that period, he was a whiny crybaby. People didn't see him as he was... or just didn't bother reading the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcon View Post
    Based on everything in the OPs post I'm convinced you paid absolutely no attention to, or perhaps didnt even play WC3 and you only dislike the character because you know he's a favorite among a lot of fans.

3edgy5me imoutahere
    I played warcraft 3 and he was a whiny bitch there aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    the main reason she wrote that is because of that thread Illidan vs Mannoroth.she was pissed off.
    then he/she picked very wrong reason, Mannoroth - the supposedly 3rd in rank in power in Burning Legion and world destroyers - was defeated 2 times in extremely easy way: get axed in face
    Mannoroth is presented as a big joke, he is less threat than the last boss in Shadow Labs in TBC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    This wasn't a retcon, this was a valid historical depiction that was changed due to time travel. And Illidan was popular back when WC3 came out. That's where all his hype is coming from. And based on the lore of that period, he was a whiny crybaby. People didn't see him as he was... or just didn't bother reading the manual.
    or simply played the game and saw that - maybe - after 10000 years his behavior changed to better?
    as someone who raise kids, every year pass they mature and u feel that urself....
    wc3 illidan in-game is one of best anti-heroes ever presented
    And still this old version (from manual) is removed forever, was changed to another version, the current official timeline lore doesn't have that illidan anymore, it is now an 'au' illidan
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Why you talk too much about penies, no one knows if NE males have it

Nah, he is underrated actually.

then he/she picked very wrong reason, Mannoroth - the supposedly 3rd in rank in power in Burning Legion and world destroyers - was defeated 2 times in extremely easy way: get axed in face
    Mannoroth is presented as a big joke, he is less threat than the last boss in Shadow Labs in TBC

- - - Updated - - -

or simply played the game and saw that - maybe - after 10000 years his behavior changed to better?
    as someone who raise kids, every year pass they mature and u feel that urself....
    wc3 illidan in-game is one of best anti-heroes ever presented
    And still this old version (from manual) is removed forever, was changed to another version, the current official timeline lore doesn't have that illidan anymore, it is now an 'au' illidan

no,not really.original WotA without time travel still stands.time travel happened after the Third War if Im not mistaken.otherwise Illidan wouldnt have warglaives cause in Knaaks version,he doesnt have them.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2015-09-01 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    Nah, he is underrated actually.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2015-09-01 at 12:40 PM.

Illidan has to be the most pathetic piece of shit I've ever seen in my entire life, and I've seen some horrible characters.
    While he doesent hold as many failures as sylvanas, he's pretty damn close.

Had to steal from the well since he didnt have self restraint and was way too weak to fight demons on his own.
    Became a whiny bitch when he was banned for 10,000 years
    Tyrande freed him, he only "helped" them because he could keep his penis down, anything for tyrande. He makes a bad image with men, same as jim raynor.
    Too weak to defeat Tichondrius without gul'dans power so he took it. I mean, this bring up a fucking dilemma here. He wasnt allowed to do this. You forgive him for doing this?

Thats like fucking saying: "I am going to throw germans into Gas chambers to kill them." You're using your enemies technology against them. Is it right? No, it's not. You're just as evil and cruel as your opponent if you choose to do so, as such Illidan is no better than his demonic enemies.

Then he cries like a bitch and runs of when banished. Maiev goes after his, he fails at everything, only notable character he kills is Naisha, and that is with the help of the naga, not him personally. Then he attempts to use the eye of sargeras to kill the lich king, oh big fucking suprise, he fails again. HES A COMPLETE FAILURE out of the box and you damn well know it, only reason he survived was because Kael'thas managed to fuck maiev over by revealing that Tyrande was alive when Maiev said she died. Well guess what, none of them could keep their penises down and they had to go get her.

He then travels to Outland where he cries even more because Kil'jaeden ordered him to do something he failed hard at. He was then captured by maiev, helpless, only his allies could save him. Then fights magtheridon which he needs 4 commanders and an army to take down single handedly, then is caught by kil'jaeden again.

He then travels to Northrend where he takes 90% of the control over it, well guess what even more pathetic, arthas and a small strike team manages to fuck over the entire thing, blood elves and naga, arthas was incredibly weak at the time aswell. Then they fought at Icecrown, Arthas as weak as he was still managed to beat the shit out of Illidan. He was defeated with ONE strike, he then laid down and cried as he was dragged back to outland. He then became an even bigger coward and hided from the burning legion because he was scared of Kil'jaeden.

Illidan stormrage, the biggest crybaby in the world, what the fuck does people find appealing about this pathetic character?
    Illidan is badass, wanna know why??!!!!
    Illidan beats the Dread Lord Tichondrius who is on pair with Kil'jaeden.
    Illidan is strong enough to have a stalemate with Arthas in Death Knight mode, one of the strongest being in the universe.
    Illidan got the skull of Gul'dan and becomes 10x stronger than loses to Arthas the Deathknight.
    Illidan talks to the Skull of Gul'dan in Black Temple. Everytime he speaks to it, he gains a powerup.
    Illidan the Betrayer, he has the mightiest and strongest title out of everyone else. He isn't called the world breaker or the void master, he is something much greater, he is the betrayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Illidan was no kid and passing 10.000 years locked and isolated into utter obscurity don't "mature" people, they just grow pissed (something Illidan was) and their mental status begins to go downhill a bit (a situation Illidan had and eventually reached a breaking point).

In TBC Illidan doesn't lament the same things he lamented in WC3, the "time travel" is the obvious answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Illidan was no kid and passing 10.000 years locked and isolated into utter obscurity don't "mature" people, they just grow pissed (something Illidan was) and their mental status begins to go downhill a bit (a situation Illidan had and eventually reached a breaking point).

In TBC Illidan doesn't lament the same things he lamented in WC3, the "time travel" is the obvious answer.
    you mean the whole 5 sec we see him in TBC ? Yeah that really 'showed' his personality
    Thrall