Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

Sucks to be you, there is nothing you can do to stop it.
    Seems they were right after all...

So many rustled jimmies in the thread though. Life is bad in the west with the consumerism and stuff! Can you imagine having stuff and things? Awful.

I also live in Russia and I completely agree that the Orthodox church became a joke. My wife has just returned from vacation in Greece, which has pretty much the same religion. In Greece you can just light a candle in a church for your freinds/relatives who died. For free. You can also donate some money for church restoration or whatever, but that's your own decision, coming from your own good will. You don't have to pay for being religious. In Russia however everything about church relates to money. It's like the Orthodox church has a price list and you come there like to a mall of some sorts. So, I need 5 candles and a mass for 3 relatives, that'll be xxx rubles.

Myself, I'm not a religious person, but some of my relatives are. It's not all that bad though. There are smaller churches that, depending on actual priests running them, actually help people in need, with clothes, money and advice. On the other hand there are other Christian-themed religions there, which thrive on mandatory donations (e.g. 10% of your whole income).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Muslim movement is quite big in Russia, as well as some others, like "Dobroslaviye". Orthodox church is just an obvious choice because of how win/win it is
    Do you know anyone named Boris or Svetlana?

Deleted
    What the hell am I reading?
    1. What is wrong with being like Iran?
    2. No, they're not.
    3. Holy fuck, why is this shit thread still open?

Sucks to be you, there is nothing you can do to stop it.
    Well if you would check facts you would find out that our gov. hasn't and will not allow gay marriage as it is defined as a union between a man and a woman (as it is normal to be). And 89% of Romanians dislike LGBT and are against gay rights. Check your facts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Russia is becoming just one more African dictatorship. What did Brin call Russia, "Nigeria with snow"? Sounds about right to me, although I'd call it "Nigeria with snow and nukes".

Iran, Nazi Germany? Come on now. Those countries are/were built around complex ideologies. The only ideology in modern Russia is "steal everything you can man".
    You are wrong, of course, but by all means keep constructing your straw-men and hyperboles.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It just isn't possible. Most people here are atheists or just don't care about religion. They can call themselves "christians" but they remember about it 2 or 3 days in a year.

Deleted
    Well, if you ever want to be part of the first world..
    If accepting immorality, sin and perversion makes a country a first world country then I don't want to live in one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    we need to fight them with cheerleaders. either blood elf or night elf cheerleaders.
    Night elves are ugly!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    theocracy? Nazi Germany?
    I don't think you know what you're talking about. Nazi Germany was as atheist as it can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Fuck off! Take your consumerism and keep it in the US, Russia needs your 'democracy' like it needs a scorched earth nuclear war, its sure done alot of good for lybia, iran, iraq, afghanistan and ukraine.

US has thuggery also, do we judge the entirety of the US by the bloods, crips and KKK? or what about your police officers executing 'niggers' left right and centre?

Consumer culture is a massive joke, you look down on the rest of the world, but the rest of the world looks down on you. USA is sustained on blood money from their war machine and petrodollar. you are trillions in national debt, have an unsustainable economy and are heading towards a cataclysmic collapse, nobody else wants that shit exported to their country.

Fucking Russophobes.
    Fucking 'westernphobe?' What the fuck are you talking about, take you medication please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I for one envy how Russia is handling some matters including religion and child adoption by gay parents. We need to keep some standards or we will become degenerated nations (some western ones)
    So you are calling the Netherlands a failed state? Good one that.

Religion and state should be separated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    If accepting immorality, sin and perversion makes a country a first world country then I don't want to live in one.
    Oh, I'm sure you never sin...what are you wearing?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not really about accepting anything in particular, it's about not forcing religious rules onto other people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    So you are calling the Netherlands a failed state? Good one that.

Religion and state should be separated.
    Our little wet country has been a lot things failed isnt one of them.

Well if you would check facts you would find out that our gov. hasn't and will not allow gay marriage as it is defined as a union between a man and a woman (as it is normal to be). And 89% of Romanians dislike LGBT and are against gay rights. Check your facts
    America used to be pretty regressive:
    http://www.pewforum.org/2015/07/29/g...-gay-marriage/

Time changes everything. That 89% you claim could drop in 10 years. Better get used to it buttercup. Tolerance costs you nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I wouldn't trade my comic books, video games
    That's your problem right there.
    You missed that RPG with the awesome graphics, everyone else is playing.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I think Western Nations have their own issues with theocrats we need to be sorting out before looking at any other nation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillys View Post
    I think Western Nations have their own issues with theocrats we need to be sorting out before looking at any other nation
    I'm fully convinced that either one of us lives in another parallel universe. I for my part don't really see any Theocrats in the West, and that does include the European part of Russia.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I'm fully convinced that either one of us lives in another parallel universe. I for my part don't really see any Theocrats in the West, and that does include the European part of Russia.
    The Plutocrats and the Theocrats are currently duking it out in the US for the Republican presidential ticket.

Ben Carson (Theocrat) recently tied Donald Trump (Plutocrat) in a poll although that was likely an aberration. Money still speaks louder than anti-women and anti-LGBQT bigotry in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem with you people, you're fucking stupid.

1. I don't like countries that lie about pretty much everything, including attacking, spying on, and "annexing" other countries.
    2. I don't like countries where political figures/authors mysteriously "disappear", funny enough always right after they said something bad about the government.
    3. I don't like countries where homosexuals get attacked by random people on the street.

Stop fucking lying, killing and cheating, Russia.
    http://www.russialies.com/
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2015-09-01 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    we need to fight them with cheerleaders. either blood elf or night elf cheerleaders.
    There's a reason why draenei have russian accents you know, draenei are russian. I don't think cheerleaders would work in this case.
    As proof, draenei are ruled by a theocracy too.