Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Cool shadowform.

Was planned that I would swap from mage to healer (MW) for HFC. But things changed, disc decided to quit. I already had a lvl 100 priest so it fell on me to play disc.

My decision goes all the way back to Vanilla and though the landscape has changed a lot, the fundamental reason still stands.

My first character was a hunter and while it was a load of fun, it was a real chore to find groups to play with. Remember, this was vanilla and a LOT of time was wasted sitting in a capital city, spamming LFG channel looking for a group with which to do a 5 man. After a very painful levelling to 60, I found myself wasting literally HOURS of time LFG, so finally I said to myself, "what is in demand?" Healers and tanks. Of the two roles, healing seemed more my personality than tanking and of the available healers, priest seemed the most fun to actually heal with so there it is.

As I said, a lot has changed since then. The LFG system was introduced, cross-realm grouping, randoms, etc. Still, I find that in order to maximize my actual play time as opposed to sitting around to play time, my priest is still my go-to-main-character.

side note: yes, I levelled my main from 1-60 in vanilla as Holy... and yes, it was just as painful as you think it was.

mainswap during dragonsoul from moonkin (who had no on demand burst and weak aoe/cleave) and was impressed by how versatile the spec was (especially when you got the extra talent points freed up from our 2set removal of SWD backlash damage).

it's been downhill since. still waiting for them to actually make the spec not mechanically incomplete - they took out our single target cooldown archangel and shockingly our single target dps has been very weak ever since.

Spriest was my pvp alt during vanilla (because fucking awesome) and then arena ruined pvp so I dropped him during tbc and played my warlock 100%. Quit during sunwell because of academic reasons and when I came back in wrath, I'd lost my account and couldn't recover it since most of my personal information and security questions were pure nonsense (lesson learned). I really couldn't bother to level up another warlock from scratch so I chose the next-best thing (spriests, duh). Spriest turned into disc for lich king and I enjoyed shield spamming so much I've remained full time healer since then.

Well I made my priest because of mind control back when it was still possible to communicate with the horde and even afterwards I had great fun questing all throughout fellwood together with a horde warrior (mc+hots). We had the same enemies after all.
    I liked that early version of starfall, too.

I played a bit of shadow in BC (mostly BT).

I made him my main when the raid needed a priest in WotLK. The effective healing Disc priest appealed to me.

Prepare to read a lot because my priest decision happened for a reason I would say.

It began when I was in Highschool. My friend told my group of friends that we should start playing World of Warcraft : Burning Crusade, because it is amazing!. A lot of my friends had already picked what would their class and race would be. Me being in love with (naruto) I wanted to be a rogue, but my friends told me that "X" is already a rogue and the only thing that is left is priest. So, I agreed and leveled as a priest, now in Burning Crusade all I did was do dungeons and sometimes I Pvped, but I never raided or got too serious into it (I was alliance by the way). Within my guild many of my guildies were going their perspective ways; joining raiding guilds, starting their own guilds, etc. So, I made myself a promise that I would raid in the next expansion which was Wrath of the Lich King. From there on I switched to a Blood Elf priest and have been raiding as mainly Disc forward to now 2015, I have been playing as a priest for 9 years and raiding as a Disc Priest for 8 years. I don't plan on changing main characters even though I have many alts.

Saw a Youtube video of a guy mind controlling the opposing faction off various major inconveniences like Boats, Zeppelins, the summoning stone inside Blackrock mountain etc. I knew right then and there what I wanted to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switched from Hunter to Spriest back in MoP and I kinda just stuck with it.
    Always been a sucker for the Shadowform and when we got around to the WoD Playstyle with AS, which I f*cking love* I got even more hooked.

Seeing those floating mini-me's soaring towards the boss and knowing you're gonna get a shitton of orbs within the next few seconds, that just took a deep hold of me.

Fear Ward!
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mnia View Post
    Fear Ward!
    Can we have that pruned and Void Shift given back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Can we have that pruned and Void Shift given back?
    Should be just completely passive and just block a fear every 3 minutes(or 2 glyphed).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Should be just completely passive and just block a fear every 3 minutes(or 2 glyphed).
    Agreed, granted its use in PvE is niche (trash after Socrethar woo?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Yep, niche is a good description of it. It was amazingly useful when we were doing Heroic BloodQueen back in Wrath... ahh, the "good old days".
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Packs after 3rd boss UBRS as well. You are significantly underestimating it's potential! Tremor totem is rubbish against this!

Up until the day I bought the game I was convinced I was rolling a warlock. But then I saw shadow as a spec and fell in love. It was tough to find a guild that would let me raid shadow but when it happened it was a blast.

I never liked shadow in PvP but I love Discipline there.

Now I mainly play it because I can rock my Benediction and make people jealous. And I dream of a day Discipline can be an effective dps (or tank - oh what I wouldn't do for Discipline to be a tank spec).
    Last edited by stalkerzero; 2015-09-28 at 08:49 PM.

I started playing back in Vanilla around the late stages of MC/early BWL period. My brother already played the game, and MTed for a good guild. I originally rolled a Tauren Shaman, because I don't know why.

But then, I did the Call of Water quest chain (remember that ridiculousness?). I got through the entire. thing. and was finally ready to turn it in, when it bugged out. I disconnected at the same time that I completed the chain (the servers back then were just sooo stable), meaning that I had turned in the quest, but didn't get the rewards (i.e. water totems). I opened a ticket but the GM's response at that time was "well, you can either re-roll, or play a Shaman without Water Totems." So, duh, I asked my brother how important Water Totems were, he said very, so I decided to reroll.

I knew I wanted to heal, and I knew I wanted to be the best. So I asked my brother who the best healers were at level 60 (because of course as my older brother he must know the answers). With his infinite wisdom, he said "well, Priests are main healers." I did a ton of research - and I do mean a ton - and finally rolled an Undead Priest.

Ultimately my choice was rooted in competitiveness, but I love my Priest. I didn't even have an alt until the latter half of WotLK, and to this day I very, very rarely play any other character except Tulani. In fact, I became so attached to her that when I finally race changed away from UD last expansion, I started crying IRL.

Priest4lief.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
    But then, I did the Call of Water quest chain (remember that ridiculousness?). I got through the entire. thing. and was finally ready to turn it in, when it bugged out. I disconnected at the same time that I completed the chain (the servers back then were just sooo stable), meaning that I had turned in the quest, but didn't get the rewards (i.e. water totems). I opened a ticket but the GM's response at that time was "well, you can either re-roll, or play a Shaman without Water Totems." So, duh, I asked my brother how important Water Totems were, he said very, so I decided to reroll.
    Not that I'm not happy you enjoy your priest, but that just seems horrible. That's a bad GM if I ever saw one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
    Ultimately my choice was rooted in competitiveness, but I love my Priest. I didn't even have an alt until the latter half of WotLK, and to this day I very, very rarely play any other character except Tulani. In fact, I became so attached to her that when I finally race changed away from UD last expansion, I started crying IRL.
    With a name like "Tulani," I hope you race-changed to draenei!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Disc priest was my main for a long time, I liked the healing style.
    just didn't enjoy Shadow and hated saying I was a "priest"