Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Eighteen alts (all with level 3 shipyards, ugh) and I've had six Gronn mounts all up. Also got all 3 heirloom rings, seven satchels, several left sharks and about a dozen cinder pups. Only six pvp medallions though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verganas View Post
    RNG is one of the things that's really wrong with WOW imo. Some have gotten even 2 gronn mounts in the 1st week when those rare missions were introduced. I got one after 1.5 month with several alts been eligible. It stings quite more when you have 400 kills of a boss to get that one special mount and still haven't got it to drop...
    Sounds like the RNG is actually working exactly as how RNG is supposed to work. Wow has a large player base, each who is doing missions on one or more characters providing for a huge amount of missions being done. According to the law or large numbers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers) every single outcome, how unlikely it may sound, is bound to happen.

The problem is that people only voice the outliers. You don't hear the stories of players obtaining only one in a timeframe where the expectation is that said person would receive only one. You only hear the stories where either an excessive amount of mount missions is offered, or where given the huge amount of alts being used still no mount mission is offered. Both options are bound to happen. When these occurences do not happen at all, then there is something incredibly wrong with a RNG.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    For 3 months had no breaker two mission over 10 toons. Last week, 3 missions popped.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was very lucky the first 3 weeks. Made over 200k seeling them on AH. First week, they went for over 100k on my realm.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    They cost like 4k on my realm. I bought one for myself and my friends.
    WTH??? Seen 'em go for 15K normal price - Vashj-EU (merged with other realms) but 4K? thats even cheaper than Garn...

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got the Gronn mission last week, after 6.2.2 rolled out. On two characters. After not seeing it for basically three months on any of 5 qualified toons.

I still haven't seen a single rare shipyard mission on my main. I am 3/4 of the way done with the 500 shipyard mission achievement, all of the other achievements are complete except the "complete 3 of 6 rare missions" one. I simply do not get any of the six rare missions listed on that rare shipyard mission achievement, ever. I'm pretty sure there's a bug in there somewhere, but they'll never look at it or fix it. Reminds me of that time I spent 6 months killing Sha of Anger on 6 characters per week, only to find later that the mount was bugged and had no chance to drop. Thank you for wasting my time.

As it stands, I guess I will end up continuing to go back and run shipyard missions each day well into Legion, in the hopes that someday I'll get 3 of the rare ones. And hopefully someday the heirloom rings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    WTH??? Seen 'em go for 15K normal price - Vashj-EU (merged with other realms) but 4K? thats even cheaper than Garn...
    Some of the high pop US servers have dozens of coalfists on the AH. They sell for about 6k on my server right now.

Got the cinder pup in the first week and assumed the gronn would follow shortly after. I've never seen it.

Just bought one for 6.8k, had no idea they existed, thank you.

I'd just farm stuff to earn however much gold you need on your server instead of trying to get one from a rare mission tbh.

Deleted
    only got one character the mission COULD pop on, but havent had it yet. bought it off ah for 7k while it was cheap, average on my server is 12-15k

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 13 level 3 garrisons and I get at least one per week, same with the pup

Deleted
    Well, I finally got the procc, on three different characters.

One thing I noticed about these missions is I only get 1 per character per week. And I only get them on chars with a 675+ Ilevel. Once 6.2 hit my main was getting them each week. Once I let one of my Garrison mules venture out in the world and got him to 677 only a few hours later did he get one of the rare 6.2 missions. Same thing happened to my other alts.

So is this how they work? Do we only get one per week or is it possible to get more than one of these mission a week per character?

Bought one for about 5-10k probably a month or two ago. The next week or so after, the mission popped. I've only have one though.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    One thing I noticed about these missions is I only get 1 per character per week. And I only get them on chars with a 675+ Ilevel. Once 6.2 hit my main was getting them each week. Once I let one of my Garrison mules venture out in the world and got him to 677 only a few hours later did he get one of the rare 6.2 missions. Same thing happened to my other alts.

So is this how they work? Do we only get one per week or is it possible to get more than one of these mission a week per character?
    You get one rare mission per week on each character that has:
    * 675 ilevel (in bags)
    * 3x675 followers
    * 10x650 followers

There might also be a requirement for some number of followers, period, but if so it's less than 20. But if you get the easiest to get followers you'll have 16-18 anyway by the time you get to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post

The new missions are once a week. 675 ilvl and a few follower requirements and the mission will instant pop for that character. Im not sure if its 7 days from completion or 7 days from availability date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnfargen View Post
    The new missions are once a week. 675 ilvl and a few follower requirements and the mission will instant pop for that character. Im not sure if its 7 days from completion or 7 days from availability date.
    On my characters it appears to be 7 days from the initial pop. So for example, I originally got my paladin alt to 675 on a Thursday. She got her rare mission pop that day, and has continued to get her rare missions on Thursday each week ever since. Even if I don't run/complete them that day, as long as I finish it before the next Thursday, another will pop on Thursday.

Yeah, so I'm not the only one. I'm definitely over 40 of these missions and going strong. Should have a 7th eligible garrison this wek

As for the 8-10k buy price - I'm aware. I have plenty of gold, but this is a 'free' mount and there aren't to many of those left to me. I still wonder what the pop % is for this mission when a 675 rare mission procs.

Finally popped today. Right around 50th 675 rare mission on 7 toons.

At least everything but the toy/pet still can be sold......

The pet and toy still sell if you go low enough. Put a pet up for 1 copper, announced in chat and it sold in 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I got the Cinderpup, aside from that I keep getting Ogre Caches and Champions Honor. At least those sell for something. But I'd really like to finally get the toy and mount. Prices here are still in the 20k range, not gonna pay that for a mount I should get eventually anyway.
    I like getting the champ ones. Can hoard honor on one char and buy those pvp mounts (I don't pvp).

Got the gronnling mission finally yesterday.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"