Fury DPS Rotation in Cata

Does anyone else find the new changes to fury DPS rotation to be odd?

Blizzard nerfed whirlwind so it no longer a viable attack to use in your single target rotation. They replaced WW in the rotation with "Raging Blow". I have no problems with a new attack being added, I always thought it was silly having to cleave mobs with WW while trying to focus down a single mob. (Ghoul aggro on LK anyone?)

The thing I have a problem with is the up time of enrage in fury. RB can only be used when enraged. Well fury does not have 100% uptime of enrage like arms does, so I fail to see how you can use this attack in any normal rotation. It sounds like the warrior rotation is now going to be overly complicated having to pop enrage cool downs to use a skill thats supposed to fall into a normal dps rotation.

A simple solution to me seems to be either:

A: Allow raging blow to be used whenever regardless of being enraged or not.
    B: Change enrage in the fury tree so it works like wrecking crew in arms, you become enraged every time you crit.

The minute they normalized rage and removed on-next-swing mechanics, Fury instantly became the most complex class to play in WoW.

Cool-down management. Buff management. Very complex Resource management.

Its going to be very complicated. Makes you wonder if a "warrior that would show up half naked" really is this complex to control...

change it into something like this

A mighty blow that deals 90% weapon damage from both melee weapons. Damage is increased by 10% while Enraged.
    20 Rage, 5 yd range, Instant, 8 sec cooldown (like glyphed WW is now)
    Last edited by Nezahna; 2010-07-25 at 02:14 PM.

If you would have played on the beta, you would understand that fury does not need another
    ability to fill the classic rotation you are going to do. They did well with making victory
    rush and the new heroic strike a strong part of your cycle.

Imagine raging blows to be an ability to be used like incinerate with demo warlocks, only with
    sertain procs and elements its priority rises above something you would normally smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    If you would have played on the beta, you would understand that fury does not need another
    ability to fill the classic rotation you are going to do. They did well with making victory
    rush and the new heroic strike a strong part of your cycle.

Imagine raging blows to be an ability to be used like incinerate with demo warlocks, only with
    sertain procs and elements its priority rises above something you would normally smash.
    Victory rush is no longer in the cycle, they removed Impending Victory from fury.

Beta rotation is going to change every week, so don't look too far into it.

At the moment RB is 2 yellow attacks, it's priority over BT, and HS/Slam are hitting harder than my BT's. HS is off GCD so you can spam it if rage permits, it's pretty much my hardest hitting ability. It'll all change, but right now it's mostly RB>InstantSlam>BT getting in as many HS's as possible.

RB is usable during Berserker Rage, Bloodrage, Recklessness, and Deathwish for the entirety of their respective durations. Gone may be the days of popping CD's together, and instead staggering some of them so that RB is constantly lit up.
    Last edited by Boyiee; 2010-07-25 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I find to be enraged much of the time, I don't think it will be much of a problem

Yeah if you stagger your cooldowns you can stay enraged for almost 2min straight with only very small gaps in between, and of only 5-10ish seconds. So thats 2min of straight raging blows for the most part. From Deathwish to deathwish there is only 36ish seconds of no raging blows. But combine abilities like DW+Bloodrage or DW+Zerkerrage and it shortens it.
    Last edited by Boyiee; 2010-07-25 at 11:32 PM.

I like that they're doing this. They normalized rage, so rage management becomes less of a priority, and in turn make us use our enrages as a new resource. It adds depth to the otherwise basic play style that we've had up to this point.

I also believe this will further separate the good from the bad players. Think Mage. Up until now, they were the only true 'resource management' class. A good player will adapt to this new play style and thrive, while someone who doesn't understand the class (and who might scrape by in today's raiding environment) will be left in the dungeons where they belong.

As much as I love to predict the future, our possible rotation changes with every blue post, so I have no ideas how it'll go.
    I'd love to see someone beating up some training dummies with timestamps etc.

I dont find watching timers that much of a problem. Staggering your enrages properly to get full use will be key. And all the change is doing is making you need to keep enrages up, and with as many as you have, you shouldnt have a problem, you aren't doomed. If you want some rotation that is really complicated to play well, try dw frost DK, now that is pretty hard, I have listed everything you have to do as it enough times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDonut View Post
    As much as I love to predict the future, our possible rotation changes with every blue post, so I have no ideas how it'll go.
    I'd love to see someone beating up some training dummies with timestamps etc.
    What do you need timestamps for?

As of right now, until the next build in a few days when the warrior rotation changes again lol, warriors essentially have 2 rotations. One is a priority system of your abilities, similar to what we have now... Our 2nd rotation is our CD rotation, which currently looks like: Deathwish > Zerker > Bloodrage > Zerker > Zerker > Bloodrage > Zerker > Zerker > Bloodrage > Deathwish(cycle starts over). So we are juggling 2 different rotations at once. This will probably lead to a lot of bitching since it's not super easy just like feral druids old rotation and will most likely be altered in some way in the near future to make it easy.
    Top 100.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    What do you need timestamps for?

As of right now, until the next build in a few days when the warrior rotation changes again lol, warriors essentially have 2 rotations. One is a priority system of your abilities, similar to what we have now... Our 2nd rotation is our CD rotation, which currently looks like: Deathwish > Zerker > Bloodrage > Zerker > Zerker > Bloodrage > Zerker > Zerker > Bloodrage > Deathwish(cycle starts over). So we are juggling 2 different rotations at once. This will probably lead to a lot of bitching since it's not super easy just like feral druids old rotation and will most likely be altered in some way in the near future to make it easy.
    It isn't "hard", it's just really annoying to have to use those situational CD's just in order to maintain our dps rotation.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

I find it more stupid than annoying lol. Easy change would be to have an enrage mastery or something that extends enrage duration. Or putting wrecking crew in either t1 or t2 fury or arms.
    Top 100.

Necroing threads is probably not the way to go about this