Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    WoW's not great with finishing moves, they're awful. Eviscerate takes forever to build and is barely stronger than combo builders. What is its dps percentage compared to white damage? Crimson tempest < fok. Bosses immune to kidney shot. Savage roar/s&d are wtf tedious and uninspiring. lol @ templar's verdict.
    I remember in cata and MoP that Templar's Verdict hit like a truck. Not really sure how it compares now. At least it does more damage than Hammer of Wrath (lol). However when talking about finishers in a combo system at least they removed spells like Inquisition and made combo points on the rogue rather than the target to make target swapping easier.

IMO DP is the perfect finisher due to how it can interact with certain spells when talented with Insanity. It feels great to be able to empower your own abilities while building something up. On the flip side it sometimes feels terrible to have periods of meh DPS then periods of BOOM DPS.

I dont want this, i dont wanna be a purple boomkin....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty tired of 'Combo Points' - People need to free their minds and become creative. Everything doesn't have to be 'build up' and then 'finisher'

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I remember in cata and MoP that Templar's Verdict hit like a truck. Not really sure how it compares now. At least it does more damage than Hammer of Wrath (lol). However when talking about finishers in a combo system at least they removed spells like Inquisition and made combo points on the rogue rather than the target to make target swapping easier.

IMO DP is the perfect finisher due to how it can interact with certain spells when talented with Insanity. It feels great to be able to empower your own abilities while building something up. On the flip side it sometimes feels terrible to have periods of meh DPS then periods of BOOM DPS.
    CS was the only generator and Sanctity of Battle didn't exist.

My only complaint is that DP doesn't behave like a dot now and the reason for why its like this is it's interaction with Insanity, so I can't say i like the design completely. The same way shadow AoE with insanity is terrible having to mind blast in between channels. I'm glad they are getting rid of insanity (the talent)