Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If WoD was released in its current state?

In my opinion if WoD was released in its current state (w/the exception of the raid obviously), I honestly think this would have been one of the better expansions.

Assuming of course they would continue to support it. First patch Netherstorm (whatever it was called), and the second patch that Ogre Island I remember seeing in the south during Blizzcon. Honestly if they delivered on those two content patches, and the raids that came w/them were good, IMO WoD would be right up there w/WoTLK and BC.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree completely, imho WoD would be shit regardless, the heavy raid focus on end game, the single-player focus of the game. It's all garbage for an MMO no matter how you spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    the heavy raid focus on end game, the single-player focus of the game.
    Contradiction.

Anyway, all that needed to happen for WoD to be better was them not talk about a bunch of things that ended up changing or not making it. People have that as their ammo even when they barely play the game, then act like they were cheated.

However, WoD was very narrow in its scope.
    But the things it did add were prolific and hopefully will last us many years.
    The premade group finder, new character models, unified raid sizes for mythic, flex sizing for other difficulties.
    These are MAJOR additions.

However, after MoP outstanding number of additions, it really becomes obvious that this expansion is purely inferior.
    Doesn't mean its "garbage" though. Lots of people (casuals) think that they can't have fun in a video game because other people say so.

I have personally enjoyed WoD just as much as any expansion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Satele Shan View Post
    For it to be released this way, you would have had to wait for about 6 more months with mists of pandaria. You may think that sounds fine now, but you might remember everyone was abysmally pissed over the time it took to get WoD out the door.
    yah 6 more months of MoP they might have dropped to 5.6 million subs... wait.. uhmm

Honestly I would have preferred that wait over a half finished unsupported mess that we were given.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    Absolutely agreeing.

They could have had Tanaan pre corruption, and in a patch make the creation of a fel hellfire citadel. (Similar to what they did in MoP). That way the bleeding hollow clan could have had a better story.

Farahlon should have existed. It doing being there feels weird.

Adding the ogre island would 've make the shipyard more interesting (an actual need for ships) as well give opportunities on expanding the ogre and cho gall story, as wel as possible more on the titan-dreanor relationship

people actually enjoy warlords of apexis? wat

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how wod today is any different from the wod on launch day, sans the lag of course.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I don't see how wod today is any different from the wod on launch day, sans the lag of course.
    That is just being dishonest and you know it. I get WoD was easily the worst of all expacs, and we are all still very bitter. However if it was released in its current state it would be a much better experience.

As far as what was added.

Tanaan Jungle
    Mythic Dungeons
    Timewalker Dungeons
    Flight (that is a big one for me)
    sure I am missing other things.

Then of course the idea there would actually be more to come. Say patch 6.1 would be Tanaan becoming fel corrupt and the raid opening up (like Martyris said). Then 6.2 brings in Farahlon as a new questing zone and possibly a raid. Then 6.3 Brings in that ogre continent to the south we saw at Blizzcon w/possibly another raid.

Since flight has been brought back in post 6.2 I have actually been having a lot of fun in game.

Would the world not be a single player ghost town where everything outside an instance is filling a mob grind bar at max level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Tanaan Jungle
    Mythic Dungeons
    Timewalker Dungeons
    Flight (that is a big one for me)
    Taanan jungle is just a zone, there's nothing interesting to do in it. Same shit as in other zones.
    Mythic Dungeons - same dungeons.
    Timewalker dungeons - same dungeons
    Flight, lol what? If today's wod was a launch wod there would be NO FLIGHT until 6.2.2 patch a year later from NOW.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    The class mechanics blizz ruined would still be ruined, regardless of when they were ruined.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

Taanan jungle is just a zone, there's nothing interesting to do in it. Same shit as in other zones.
    That can be said about any zone in any expac

Mythic Dungeons - same dungeons.
    Timewalker dungeons - same dungeons
    True but personally I enjoy the extra challenge and reward

Flight, lol what? If today's wod was a launch wod there would be NO FLIGHT until 6.2.2 patch a year later from NOW.
    Lets try this again. If WoD was released in its current state in other words if you did the meta you could fly possibly not in zones released in 6.2 or 6.3 but the whole of WoD, I think it would be infinitely better and that isn't even getting into the fact there would be more to come.

You are just bitter and I get that. However that bitterness has blinded you to anything that was done right in WoD, even if it took them to the last patch to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hiramloram View Post
    The class mechanics blizz ruined would still be ruined, regardless of when they were ruined.
    My main is a enhancement shaman likely one of the most broken classes in need of attention and I still enjoy the game.

I also have a max level of every class except Priest ... I don't see class mechanics being ruined sure some are more fluid and better then others, but that has been the norm of WoW since Vanilla...

Is this a PVP thing?
    Last edited by Maneo; 2015-09-06 at 07:47 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The single-player activities in the game aren't top-notch.
    The multiplayer ones aren't worthy (I don't have 19 friends to raid Mythic >:| )

10+ Year Old Account
    Then people would just complain about lacking patches as it would only be a two raid unlocks, and people would still complain that one raid was a cheat as it was basically almost done before the first patch.

Though, I enjoyed most of WoD.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    The single-player activities in the game aren't top-notch.
    Kinda always been the case w/most MMOs not WoW in general.

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    The multiplayer ones aren't worthy (I don't have 19 friends to raid Mythic >:| )
    Not sure what to tell you there make more friends?

The raids in WoD have really been top notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Lets try this again. If WoD was released in its current state
    Let's... No flying has nothing to do with WoD and the state it might have been at launch. It's a Blizzard's decision to not allow you to fly in current content. No matter what state the WoD is in. Today's or 1 year ago's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then people would just complain about lacking patches as it would only be a two raid unlocks, and people would still complain that one raid was a cheat as it was basically almost done before the first patch.
    You didn't read the entire post.

I specifically said w/future patches. As in the WoD we have now would be 6.0

Would still have major problems with bad class design, no rewarding rep factions, apexis grinds, annoying legendary questline, garrions.

Quote Originally Posted by Satele Shan View Post
    For it to be released this way, you would have had to wait for about 6 more months with mists of pandaria. You may think that sounds fine now, but you might remember everyone was abysmally pissed over the time it took to get WoD out the door.
    The same as every other expansion

I promise you, 6 months into Legion, were going to have Christ WoD Sucked donkey dick, and MoP was the best expansion, it happens every time on this site,

Let's... No flying has nothing to do with WoD and the state it might have been at launch. It's a Blizzard's decision to not allow you to fly in current content. No matter what state the WoD is in. Today's or 1 year ago's.
    You are purposely being thick headed huh?

Let me as you this. Can you fly currently in WoD if you completed the meta?

The answer is yes.

Sooooooo if it was released in its current state, then guess what you would be able to fly if you have completed the meta ...

This isn't a discussion about Blizzards stance on things... this is a discussion about what WoD currently is, and if that current product was what released at launch how would WoD be recieved and rememberd.