Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Snowden slams Russia in Norway awards

http://www.thelocal.no/20150907/snow...-norway-awards

In an acceptance speech broadcast over a video link to a ceremony for the Norwegian Academy of Literature and Freedom of Expression’s Bjornson prize on Saturday, he said that the Russian government's actions were misguided.

"This drive that we see in the Russian government to control more and more the Internet, to control more and more what people are seeing, even parts of personal lives, deciding what is the appropriate or inappropriate way for people to express their love for one another … [is] fundamentally wrong."

Snowden participated in the ceremony via video link from Moscow as the Norwegian government could not guarantee that he would not be extradited to the USA if he arrived in Norway.

Norwegian public broadcaster NRK released documents earlier this week that showed the the US had asked Norway to extradite Snowden should he enter Norway.

The academy awarded Snowden the prize "for his work on the important issue of the right of privacy."

"We will honour you as the most important whistleblower of our times," said Hege Newth Nouri, the organisation's Secretary General.

Snowden has been in exile in Russia since June 2013, when he arrived from Hong Kong in transit to Ecuador. The US cancelled his passport while he was on the plane, making it impossible for him to reach his final destination.

Since August 2014, Snowden has been living in Russia under a three-year residence permit.

"I honestly never expected to be free today; I expected to be in prison. I didn't expect to get awards; I expected my reputation to be ruined, because a number of incredibly powerful officials around the world were personally embarrassed because of these revelations," Snowden said.

I don't care what Snowden thinks about homosexualists and their rights. The Russian society will decide such matters for itself, without unwanted advisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I don't care what Snowden thinks about homosexualists and their rights. The Russian society will decide such matters for itself, without unwanted advisers.
    So, not a fan of basic human rights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wregelmann View Post
    Don't waste your time arguing with Russian nationalists, you'll get nowhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well this traitor decided to slink his ass into Russia, so, hope he is enjoying the ride, but hey at least they can't listen to his phone calls!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean sure, if you want to label parts of your society as beneath you and lesser...

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair gays in Russia are treated like normal humans,they aren't treated like animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't a "slam" its basic fucking logic.
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2015-09-07 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Gave Snowden my Assange-thoughts. Tomato, tomah-toe, amirite? :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    To be fair gays in Russia are treated like normal humans,they aren't treated like animals.
    There have been many incidents of conservative groups attacking gays in Russia. They put an ad on social media looking for a gay lover, they get a good looking teen male to go meet the gay guy and brink him back to an apartment. There the gay is attacked and humliated, all of it put on video. There's a HBO documentary about it, I can't remember the name atm.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wregelmann View Post
    It's not a human right, it should be forbidden worldwide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    traitor
    Hero you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Homosexuality?

What is this, the 1800's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They put an ad on social media looking for a gay lover, they get a good looking teen male to go meet the gay guy and brink him back to an apartment.
    You cannot tell the difference pedophiles and homosexualists? Also, that documentary is just pathetic, with staged interviews and ominous nature shots.

You cannot tell the difference pedophiles and homosexualists? Also, that documentary is just pathetic, with staged interviews and ominous nature shots.
    Most documentaries are blatantly misleading. They are one of the worst sources for information imaginable.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    When speaking of a teen, you speak of a person in their puberity what means they are too old for pedophiles.

In any case Russia's government still believes other people seeing gays can be 'contagious' and make other gays. So they are still a few good decades behind the rest of modern world, although you got parts in the US where they aren't much more tolerant either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Half the time when I see shit like this online I can't tell if the one saying it is actually insane or just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah well this traitor decided to slink his ass into Russia, so, hope he is enjoying the ride, but hey at least they can't listen to his phone calls!
    Judging by the posts I've seen from you, it seems that living in a blatant dictatorship would be like a permanent stay in Disneyland for you, so I'm not surprised you'd see it that way.
    Last edited by mmoc929869f8d6; 2015-09-08 at 12:10 AM.

haha that' some good logic there, trash the county you are taking refuge in.... maybe Russia will export that traitor back to the US so he can stand trial for his crimes.
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2015-09-08 at 12:12 AM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    There needs to be no trails, he has done nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    haha that' some good logic there, trash the county you are taking refuge in.... maybe Russia will export that traitor back to the US so he can stand trial for his crimes.
    Russia is probably in on this, him talking trash makes it seem less likely that he has been feeding not so friendly nations with information.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    When speaking of a teen, you speak of a person in their puberity what means they are too old for pedophiles.

In any case Russia's government still believes other people seeing gays can be 'contagious' and make other gays. So they are still a few good decades behind the rest of modern world, although you got parts in the US where they aren't much more tolerant either.
    Russia is against gay PROPAGANDA. AKA degenerate gay parades and LGBT culture. You do realize what most gay parades are right? Bunch of fucking degenerates parading with dildos/strap ons and these are labelled as FAMILY events where kids can attend freely. I have no problem with gays as long as you keep it to yourself and don't make a big deal out of it, at the end of the day what you and your partner do behind your doors is none of my/our business, but parading down the streets promoting homosexuality, transgender, etc. is completely fucking ridiculous. Nice job being brainwashed by the leftist media. Did you also change your picture to rainbows after gay marriage was legalized?

I only have 1 post so can't link pics, but just google it yourself. Pictures of fat girls pole dancing in the middle of a LGBT parade with children watching. Or that video of an 11 year old boy dancing at a gay parade almost naked with a bunch of 40+ year old gay perverts watching him and encouraging him. Yeah this is acceptable behavior!

ITT
    >of course I'm liberal! I tolerate all opinions!
    >you conservative bigot sexist racist homophobe!
    Last edited by 123123123123123; 2015-09-08 at 12:17 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    There have been many incidents of conservative groups attacking gays in Russia. They put an ad on social media looking for a gay lover, they get a good looking teen male to go meet the gay guy and brink him back to an apartment. There the gay is attacked and humliated, all of it put on video. There's a HBO documentary about it, I can't remember the name atm.

What the faggot deserves?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-09-08 at 02:07 AM.