Multiple questions from a Mistweaver standpoint regarding HFC.

Hello there!

I actually thought about going for the "simple questions - simple answers" thread but since I can't guarantee that my questions will be simple I'll go for this one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________

1) My first questions is regardings the various BiS lists that are arround (e.g. AskMrRobot / IvyVeins). They vary in the point of the trinkets. On one the Xhul'horac leech trinket is BiS on the other one it is the Kilrogg Crit active Trinket is the best.

Could someone clarify that for me? From my little understanding I got in two weeks of playing my Monk I guess that it is about the interaction with renewing mist, since it does spread and we should keep it up on 6 people all of the time. That sounds quite logical to me if that is the case. But when should you use the crit active? Before spamming uplift? Would it be worth to get a lonely tank kiting a Boss 200 yards away from every other healer back up to full health? I mean, ye its worth since we didnt wipe there but I'm talking about the best situation to use it. Hell, I could even imagine it to be usefull when you are close to oom without any mana tea left in the chi spending / generating phase to use the krit chance effect on manatea.

2) My next question is about the tier 90 / 100 choices. Is there any choice? I currently don't have the hardware to keep my fps high enough to actually do stance dance a lot. I focus more on understanding my class before I try stuff out in a few weeks. But from what I have encounterd and the way dmg is coming I can't see much choice left for others stuff then Pool of Mists and Rushing Jade Wind / Xuen. I mean ye, you could go for Chi Torpedo but on most fights I found even the slightest moments where people were grouped enough to make Rushing Jade Wind more usefull then the little free heal and movement that Chi Torpedo provides. So I would actually prefer to go for Xuen if I don't need the heal of Rushing Jade Wind.

3) These are a few encounter questions.

- Hellfire high council. When is it safe to use revival in case group dips low? I thought close before the harvest.

- Gorefiend. Is there any sence behind using Spirit Link Totem in the Feast phase? From my understanding it just splits the dmg between all in the area and since everyone is getting the same amount of dmg I don't really understand its use there.

4) How does the proc of Enchant Weapon - Mark of Shadowmoon affect our manatea? Is it worth to trac that buff and use the manatea stacks then?

5) Is there a way to cheese HPS in fights with Holy Paladins, Disci Priests and Resto Druids? - Im used to run some pugs and I actually got kicked out of a Xhul'Horac HC group due to my nearly not existing HPS in P1 and the fact that the raid did explode in the secound some DMG did game through.

The only way I found out is to calc how long the renewing mist does need to spread and how long uplift casts so actually spread hots, use crit trinekt, use uplift X secounds before cast Y to let other healers hot's produce 100% overheal and collect that HPS.

I'm pretty upset by the fact that pugs work like that but since I'm after them epics, I need to adapt to that.

6) This one is again about gear and more about stats. First off all I would like to understand if warforged or socket is more worth and if blue / epic gems change the order here. My secound part of this Question is about Stats and the Ilvl in this Tier. I currentl yhave like 3% less mastery then I have multistrike. My plan for the moment is to go as much Krit / Multistrike as possible but I did read that on a lot of items the simple intellect is enough to make it stronger. My concern here is about the krit effect on manatea. I definitly have mana strungles in larger raid sizes without absorb healers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________

Thanks for your time and I don't mind if you just pick one of the questions and answer on them. I'm sure some followup questions will come in my head .
    Last edited by Apury; 2015-09-14 at 07:52 AM.

There is a 334 pages thread in the sticky of this forum that pretty much answer all those questions, especially in the first page of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    There is a 334 pages thread in the sticky of this forum that pretty much answer all those questions, especially in the first page of it.
    Since the first page is from around 2014 I don't belive that it contains any information about HFC content or t18 bonus at all .. :s

1) This spreadsheet tries to compare trinkets based on Geodew's statweights: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...rZE/edit#gid=0
    2) If you have the mana to run RJW and not run out of mana, there is no real choice for maximum healing. If you are low on spirit you can consider Chi Torpedo instead. Pool of Mists is obviously mandatory with the current set bonus, and definitely the best choice without for most cases as well.
    3) Revival is always safe to use on HHC, it does not dispel Mark of the Necromancer. For Gorefiend, Spirit Link totem reduces damage taken with 10% in addition to redistributing health. That is the reason it makes sense to use it during feast.
    4) Mana tea is only increased by static spirit. The proc should not affect it at all.
    5) I guess the best tip I could give for "sniping" heals would be to use the 4-set for all it is worth. Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_oR4PQmG0 if you haven't seen it already.
    6) Geodew has posted some statweights here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30896518 - if you use the stat weights you can calculate the relative strength of the different items you consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Apury View Post
    Gorefiend. Is there any sence behind using Spirit Link Totem in the Feast phase? From my understanding it just splits the dmg between all in the area and since everyone is getting the same amount of dmg I don't really understand its use there.
    - In addition to equalizing HP percentage every second, spirit link also reduces damage taken by 10%.

- The health equalization effectively applies personal damage reduction cooldowns used by players to the entire raid.

For example, even if Gorefiend's feast does equal damage to every player to start with, one player may use a personal damage reduction cooldown, and therefore on the next spirit link tick will have higher HP, which will then be taken by the spirit link and given to other players who didn't use a damage reduction cooldown. So effectively personal damage reduction cooldowns are group-wise during spirit link.

- The health equalization effectively converts random heals to smart heals.
    Many AOE spells in the game are currently random and just pick any injured player rather than the most injured player like they used to in the past. When spirit link is active, it doesn't matter which random targets are selected, since the health will then be given to those who need it more.
    Last edited by Koor; 2015-09-14 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktator View Post
    3) Revival is always safe to use on HHC, it does not dispel Mark of the Necromancer. For Gorefiend, Spirit Link totem reduces damage taken with 10% in addition to redistributing health. That is the reason it makes sense to use it during feast.
    Did not know this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Apury View Post
    Since the first page is from around 2014 I don't belive that it contains any information about HFC content or t18 bonus at all .. :s
    It's been updated to 6.2