Heroic Arch Help Need! Logs Attached...

Stuck around 10%...

It seems like the final phase is really hard on our healers. What can we do to fix this?

We have people calling out when to break chains. I think one of our big problems is we aren't able to recover after chains get broken in time for the next round of chains. People sit at 50% HP and then next round of chains + reign does them in.

EDIT: Log link fixed, Still need help! https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K8MH4Dm1TpthJzYk

Here is a video as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWy0G8tQObI&app=desktop
    Last edited by Halbrium; 2015-09-08 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halbrium View Post
    Stuck around 10%...

It seems like the final phase is really hard on our healers. What can we do to fix this?
    I feel like something is missing

Logs would be great.

Stuck around 10%...

No logs...

But if you're having "healing issues" in the last phase it's because you're doing something wrong. Likely breaking chains at terrible times. You should have plenty of CDs to get through it outside of bad chain breaks.

Hey guys,

this are the logs that should be atached: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K8MH4Dm1TpthJzYk

OP should be asleep by now, but im in Spain and can help him a little bit.

Talking to him, besides the obvious avoidable ph1 and 2 deaths, there seems to be a problem with healing on ph3... it all goes well until the second nether comes.

He told me they where doing the 3rd nether the sacrifice one, which i dont think its a good idea. Checking the logs sees that Archie still has too much hp when they get there.

Chains and lasers seems to be an issue. Im still checking the logs, so if you guys can give him a hand, it would be apreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    A brief look shows me that the vast majority of your deaths come from Unleashed Torment during the last phase.
    This is likely due to what wiped us a lot too before we downed it: people either breaking chains at extremely inopportune times, or waiting too long to break and dying to the dot, releasing the AoE effect anyway and killing people.

We did the following:

Set STATIC positions for everyone in the last phase. They will not move from those positions unless they have to move into Banish, move slightly to DPS a Doombringer, or break chains. You do not move for Wrought Chaos, or Rain of Fire (if you happen to have Torment on you during Rain or multiple impacts near you, pop a personal).

Healers need to be positioned centrally where they can reach everyone easily. We then try to time pushing him past 25% with around 15-10 seconds left on the Shackled Torment timer, that way Torment hits towards the end of Rain of Fire and comes at a time when people can break in order rather quickly, since only Doombringers are up.

Healing CDs should be largely kept for the Torment phases, with decent healing setup Rain of Fire does not require major cooldowns, use those for breaking the chains safely. Other than that people just need raid awareness - don't break when half the raid is low on hp, healers vocally communicate cooldowns, watch raid timers and don't break right before Feedback hits, maybe step one side away from a Wrought Chaos about to nuke you if you have Torment on you.

GL!

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    A brief look shows me that the vast majority of your deaths come from Unleashed Torment during the last phase.
    This is likely due to what wiped us a lot too before we downed it: people either breaking chains at extremely inopportune times, or waiting too long to break and dying to the dot, releasing the AoE effect anyway and killing people.

We did the following:

Set STATIC positions for everyone in the last phase. They will not move from those positions unless they have to move into Banish, move slightly to DPS a Doombringer, or break chains. You do not move for Wrought Chaos, or Rain of Fire (if you happen to have Torment on you during Rain or multiple impacts near you, pop a personal).

Healers need to be positioned centrally where they can reach everyone easily. We then try to time pushing him past 25% with around 15-10 seconds left on the Shackled Torment timer, that way Torment hits towards the end of Rain of Fire and comes at a time when people can break in order rather quickly, since only Doombringers are up.

Healing CDs should be largely kept for the Torment phases, with decent healing setup Rain of Fire does not require major cooldowns, use those for breaking the chains safely. Other than that people just need raid awareness - don't break when half the raid is low on hp, healers vocally communicate cooldowns, watch raid timers and don't break right before Feedback hits, maybe step one side away from a Wrought Chaos about to nuke you if you have Torment on you.

GL!
    I agree with you on positioning the healers better. Do you really slow DPS on the boss to phase him at the right time? Is this not hard on healer mana?

We have people calling out when to break chains. I think one of our big problems is we aren't able to recover after chains get broken in time for the next round of chains. People sit at 50% HP and then next round of chains + reign does them in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you on positioning the healers better. Do you really slow DPS on the boss to phase him at the right time? Is this not hard on healer mana?

We generally don't break unless everyone is at 70% + , if someone is running to break and people spike they usually stop themselves for a second. That being said, one shouldn't delay too much and if a single person is spiking due to not using personals or being out of position, it's that person's mistake, not the Torment breaker's.

As I said before, you should generally use raid cooldowns for the fast chain breaks after Rain of Fire. Every so often you'll get a Feedback in the middle of that, so then ofc delay until after.

And yes, we do delay slightly, depends on how it's going. Normally I just give the go ahead to push if it's even 8-10 seconds, as long as Torments aren't up right before Rain of Fire it'll be fine - the longer they're up, the harder to top everyone off when breaking. So if you get Torment in the middle of or towards the end of Rain fo Fire, that's optimal. Those people just stay static, pop a personal if they have meteors on them, and break in order after during Doombringers while healers coordinate cooldowns.

With the legendary rings and generally higher ilvl now, you can definitely overstack healers as well if your DPS is decent (as it should be). Your DPS seems slightly on the lower side, but should be fine to take +1 healer if you have em.

People also need to be aware that's it not a race at the end. As long as everyone knows how to handle these mechanics you just run through it like every other phase. Biggest wipe cause on low % tries is usually people panicking or tunnelvisioning. You really shouldn't focus boss and ignore mechanics until <3% or so.

edit: your healers are a wee bit on the low side as well, especially your shaman. You're running 4 healers for 23 people, you're definitely making it harder on them than need be. If you have a 5th healer, take him or her and run with 24. Otherwise try to cut your weakest DPS to 20 and you should notice it getting easier.

edit edit: disregard that, just saw you do indeed have 5 healers ^^
    In that case you really shouldn't have any issues. Coordinate the cooldowns well, make sure people learn when to break and when to wait, and all should be well.
    Last edited by miffy23; 2015-09-08 at 05:21 PM.

Also should we make the 3rd or 4th group the sacrifice group?

Edit: Thanks for the great feedback Miffy23!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a video as well:

10+ Year Old Account
    Also should we make the 3rd or 4th group the sacrifice group?

Edit: Thanks for the great feedback Miffy23!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a video as well:
    You honestly shouldn't need any sacrifice group. On our kill everyone was alive until the last 5% when the tank suddenly dropped (probably healers miscommunicating) while other tank was in banish, so our plate dps had to tank for a few % ^^ but otherwise it was exceedingly smooth, you shouldn't need to sacrifice anyone. I think we killed it on our 4th banish without sacrificing anyone, and popped lust at 25%.

A recurrent issue are the avoidable deaths before phase 3. people need to use personals and try to keep themself alive.

- - - Updated - - -

btw... half of the wipes are Sorumiss fault

jk