Challenge modes dominated by HFC trinkets?

So lately it seems like all the rage in CM's is to have trinkets from HFC, which give you fairly ridiculous damage boosts. I don't have any of these because my raiding guild fell apart a few weeks after HFC was released, but I've seen people doing some pretty disproportionate damage numbers. It's apparently so much of a thing that people starting CM groups are just putting "link trinkets" in the description.

Isn't this... Somewhat against the general principle of challenge modes, if high end raid gear just trivializes them?

7+ Year Old Account
    its the procs that make them good not the level of them
    You cant balance everything to be equal and they have to make the new trinkets better than the last ones

10+ Year Old Account
    it's only overpowered if the trinket is grossly overbudgeted for its ilvl e.g the autoclave trinket from Blackhand has ridiculous amounts of spirit that exceeds even spirit trinkets in HFC or the Inscription trinkets back in MoP. Personally I see no problem with it because BiS trinket options will vary with every new tier of content.

Also some trinkets that are percentage based like the Archimonde class or Xhul'horac leech trinkets are utter garbage when scaled to 630.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    You cant balance everything to be equal and they have to make the new trinkets better than the last ones
    If you're suggesting that Blizzard is somehow powerless to address this scenario, then I would say you're wrong. They can adjust the scaling any way they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    So lately it seems like all the rage in CM's is to have trinkets from HFC
    The only people running CMs are mythic raiders so what's the point in keeping old trinkets around, especially when any OP trinket gets nerfed between tiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    The only people running CMs are mythic raiders
    I don't think this is true?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is true?
    Not true. People just get that notion thinking "mythic+challenge mode players" know how to play really well in both aspects yet in reality challenge modes are quite different than raids. I do realm bests with people who don't do mythics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blademasters Trinket is stupid for damage with agi users crazy crazy damage, in saying all that though, do you need that to get decent times or golds - no.
    I have seen people buying HFC boss kills to get it though as obviously if you can make your life easier then why not.
    Last edited by Darkmech; 2015-09-06 at 07:56 AM.

Last edited by iosephws; 2015-09-06 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmech View Post
    Blademasters Trinket is stupid for damage with agi users crazy crazy damage, in saying all that though, do you need that to get decent times or golds - no.
    I have seen people buying HFC boss kills to get it though as obviously if you can make your life easier then why not.
    Well, the blademaster's trinket is ridiculous on any aoe fight, so much that on 3+ targets, marks hunter BIS list goes Mythic Mirror > Heroic Mirror > Normal Mirror > Other mythic trinkets.

And 5-mans are mostly aoe trash fights, sooooo...

"mythic" raiders. The same trinket is accessible in normal too, and it's off the 3rd boss. It's not insane to go out and dedicate time to farm it, or simply use the lucky double-sided coin or philospher's trinket (alchemy). Both are still great substitutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleji View Post
    Well, the blademaster's trinket is ridiculous on any aoe fight, so much that on 3+ targets, marks hunter BIS list goes Mythic Mirror > Heroic Mirror > Normal Mirror > Other mythic trinkets.

And 5-mans are mostly aoe trash fights, sooooo...
    I have no idea of the point you're trying to make with this post in reply to me - I was saying pretty much the same ting - mirror is a ridic trinket....

The Blademaster trinket is pretty ridiculous. Think it did like 15% of my total damage overall when I did my CMs as guardian druid, which obviously mean it's more on big trash packs. I don't really complain though, since a DK tank will still be 5x better than me. It's hard to talk about balance when there's such a big difference between specs.

More or less proves that Blizzard don't give a crap about balancing CMs.

The real issue with CM is not the trinkets, it's the fact that every world record is based on massive bug exploit, everyone know this fact, like most of the world "top" guild are massivly using bugs to do their progress.
    Blizzard knows that, but they will never do anything against that, because they have to let the "legend" goes on.
    You can't properly do CM with any comp, because like Mop, only a few classes are on the top because their mechanism are simply overtuned (hello Death Knight, hello Monk !), and others are strictly useless.

That's the true, what else?

Deleted
    Mirror really is a crazy trinket. Even in TW it's nuts.

That said, I don't think it's a issue that could invoke a nerf of the trinkets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alleji View Post
    marks hunter BIS list goes Mythic Mirror > Heroic Mirror > Normal Mirror > Other mythic trinkets.
    IF only the mm class trinket wasn't absolute crap

So lately it seems like all the rage in CM's is to have trinkets from HFC, which give you fairly ridiculous damage boosts. I don't have any of these because my raiding guild fell apart a few weeks after HFC was released, but I've seen people doing some pretty disproportionate damage numbers. It's apparently so much of a thing that people starting CM groups are just putting "link trinkets" in the description.

Isn't this... Somewhat against the general principle of challenge modes, if high end raid gear just trivializes them?
    At this stage of the expansion it doesn't really matter that much if they are easier with trinkets. The issue is your lack of them which prevents you from getting groups. You might just have to suck it up and get one. I'm sure you have friends or can find a pub?

Mirror of the Blademaster has become a BiS trinket for Cms yes, but realize it's only this trinket which is new for agity users, everything else has been the same since release.
    I do realm best (good Eu times as well), and yes this trinket is a buff, but it wont magicly complete Cms for you, so in the end not much has changed.

Deleted
    The mirror is actually quite an interesting trinket.
    It is really a big part of why certain specs are "viable" in world record times.
    When you look at what specs are beeing played (Enhance, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock (Windwalker)) only the Warlock isn´t an agility based specc who would benefit off that trinket. So on the one hand it restrain other classes from beeing awesome, but on the other hand it is one big reason why Rogues and Windwalker can compete with a Hunter or Enhancement Shaman (because it scales insanely well with multistrike, which those specs are aiming for)
    So as an Windwalker player i see it with mixed feelings. I liked cause it helps me compete. But i find it really sad and hilarious the trinket is so strong that even the healer in our group is using it for an extra 40k dps in these so important and difficult mass pulls.
    Last edited by mmoc1c9bd68940; 2015-09-09 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuddel View Post
    The mirror is actually quite an interesting trinket.
    It is really a big part of why certain specs are "viable" in world record times.
    When you look at what specs are beeing played (Enhance, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock (Windwalker)) only the Warlock isn´t an agility based specc who would benefit off that trinket. So on the one hand it restrain other classes from beeing awesome, but on the other hand it is one big reason why Rogues and Windwalker can compete with a Hunter or Enhancement Shaman (because it scales insanely well with multistrike, which those specs are aiming for)
    So as an Windwalker player i see it with mixed feelings. I liked cause it helps me compete. But i find it really sad and hilarious the trinket is so strong that even the healer in our group is using it for an extra 40k dps in these so important and difficult mass pulls.
    Before that trinket you were still looking at Enhance/Hunter/Rogue/Lock as the best DPS for CM's though, for the most part. Rogue was propped up by it quite a bit but even before the trinket combat rogues were doing some crazy DPS in CM's where you were mass pulling. Not saying the trinket isn't blatantly, grossly overpowered or anything like that because it is lol