Deleted

Arms execute crit damage difference

Hey all,

Our guild has Council on farm, and when you play arms on council, the dps all seems to come from the execute phase with SS on Gurtogg Bloodboil.
    When I check the top rankings on warcraftlogs, you see arms warriors hitting 1mil+ executes.
    I myself haven't been able to do these amounts of executes yet, and I have no idea why.

So I took a look at my logs and I noticed that I had 1 execute with the perfect circumstances yet it didn't even remotely hit for 1mil+.
    Let me show you my findings:

My first execute CRIT for 500k (inside of CS)

The execute happend at 1.44

As you can see on the following picture, during this execute I had ALL buffs up (except ring I noticed)

I can't get my head around the fact that the execute only hit for 500k... Is it simply because you MUST have ring up for these legendary 1mil+ hits?
    Or am I forgetting about something, becasue I am sure all possible buffs were up + it crit yet that first 'perfect' execute only was 500k.

Appreciate any help or insight.
    Last edited by mmoc6ec6d9fec0; 2015-09-10 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Link the log pls.

Probably just lucky and get the Gurtogg fixate during execute phase, which increases your damage by a crapload.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=184360/fel-rage I believe this is the buff.
    Last edited by Yassy; 2015-09-10 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Most likely the people doing 1m or more execute had the fixate buff?

Deleted
    The logs of which I took the information above.

EDIT: so as you can see in the logs, the other warrior, with a lot lower ilvl, did have 1mil+ execute. But it seems indeed all about having the fel rage buff, since he had it up exactly during the execute phase. Totally forgot about that
    Last edited by mmoc6ec6d9fec0; 2015-09-10 at 12:35 PM.

You know that point at which one player gains a fixate? They gain a damage buff. Under normal circumstances you will never in this expansion get 1mil execute not counting multistrike damage. My highest is 750k at 731.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow-GH View Post
    You know that point at which one player gains a fixate? They gain a damage buff. Under normal circumstances you will never in this expansion get 1mil execute not counting multistrike damage. My highest is 750k at 731.
    You "might" get a 1m execute if the stars align and you use the mastery proc trinket from BRF. Getting upwards of potential 630k executes when the stars align with said trinket at 706 item level.

He had fel rage (de)buff/fixate. You didn't.

/thread

Yeah, it's Gurtogg's Fel Rage buff. Sometimes, depending on your DPS, you can get Fel Rage right as he hits 30% and have it up for Execute. Parsing is pure RNG on that fight for Warriors because of it.

To be fair, it's pure RNG for everyone, not only warriors (but we "need it at 20%, but still). If you get 1 Fel Rage you'll get a top rank. If you get 2+ Fel Rages you'll get rank #1, it's that simple.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    To be fair, it's pure RNG for everyone, not only warriors (but we "need it at 20%, but still). If you get 1 Fel Rage you'll get a top rank. If you get 2+ Fel Rages you'll get rank #1, it's that simple.
    And if you take the chance you might also win the lottery that day while getting bitten by a shark and struck by lightning at the same time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    And if you take the chance you might also win the lottery that day while getting bitten by a shark and struck by lightning at the same time.
    Already had one of our rogues get double fel rage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just in case you needed a 6th person to tell you that it was due to the gurtogg fixate:

He probably got the fixate.

Hope this helps a ton like the previous ones.