Deleted

So trophy rank 50?

Fellow Dota 2 players

They have now made the change to the levelling and ranked system that you need to reach rank 50 on your trophy before you can enter ranked matches.

How long do you guys estimate that taking from a scratch account?

And do you find this a try to get rid of smurf accounts?

Does it really require level 50? I'm level 37 on an account with 3k+ games, and on my other acc i'm level 8 queueing ranked. That's absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    Does it really require level 50? I'm level 37 on an account with 3k+ games, and on my other acc i'm level 8 queueing ranked. That's absurd.
    I am same boat as you. ~ 3k games and level 37. Can queue ranked, though don't have another account.

Deleted
    I have the same thing with my main account, I'm ranked 24 but can still play my ranked games. But my brother wants to start playing and he is can't que until rank 50 + I also want myself a new account to get to recalibrate my mmr.

Have you guys played in reborn and seen yourself gaining ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by Flammen View Post
    Have you guys played in reborn and seen yourself gaining ranks?
    I just leveled from 8 to 9 in Reborn. The Xp is calculated just like the old level system, time spent in game converted to XP.

Deleted
    I just leveled from 8 to 9 in Reborn. The Xp is calculated just like the old level system, time spent in game converted to XP.
    So you practially just need to play a lot of games so the next 300 hours would be gone.

I heard around 150 hours to get it, about equal to what it was in Source 1 to reach level 13.

Deleted
    I heard around 150 hours to get it, about equal to what it was in Source 1 to reach level 13.
    Well I guess if I want my smurf, I should get started with playing. But these trophies are they buyable from the steamstore or are they only gained through playing and getting random stuff from games?

Bit of a moron on this reborn haven't read into it at all.

Deleted
    Ok, so I'm still lost on this new way of unlocking ranked matches.

I started my smurf... Ingame we have the current level next to our name including an ingame icon, what is this called?

Next when you open the play tab it states that your experience trophy needs to be level 50 to unlock ranked matches. Is this rank 50 the one we have next to our name or the one we can find inside our trophy list?

I open the trophy tab there to find that it says my experience trophy is level 1, yet when I win and I get the bar and trophy on the screen where it shows that you get another 10 points out of those 100 it says my experience trophy is level 21.

Question being if you're still with me... Is it that experience trophy level 21 that decides or the rank next to my name with ingame icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Flammen View Post
    Ok, so I'm still lost on this new way of unlocking ranked matches.

I started my smurf... Ingame we have the current level next to our name including an ingame icon, what is this called?

Next when you open the play tab it states that your experience trophy needs to be level 50 to unlock ranked matches. Is this rank 50 the one we have next to our name or the one we can find inside our trophy list?

I open the trophy tab there to find that it says my experience trophy is level 1, yet when I win and I get the bar and trophy on the screen where it shows that you get another 10 points out of those 100 it says my experience trophy is level 21.

Question being if you're still with me... Is it that experience trophy level 21 that decides or the rank next to my name with ingame icon?
    It's probably the experience trophy. Mine is also tier 1 but level 20 or 21 last I remember. I believe the trophy in the profile is a reward trophy, not the actual experience trophy. Kind of confusing, but I believe your experience trophy is essentially the old level up system, and the trophy in your profile is a reward for hitting specific levels. So, when we get level 25 or whatever it will rank up to tier 2 and our profile will show off that "achievement."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It's probably the experience trophy. Mine is also tier 1 but level 20 or 21 last I remember. I believe the trophy in the profile is a reward trophy, not the actual experience trophy. Kind of confusing, but I believe your experience trophy is essentially the old level up system, and the trophy in your profile is a reward for hitting specific levels. So, when we get level 25 or whatever it will rank up to tier 2 and our profile will show off that "achievement."
    That sounds rather likely, guess I just have some more games to go before I can start with ranked again

Thank you for the answer!

I've never seen the necessity for a smurf. If you're unhappy with your MMR, practice getting better.