Thread: Class questions

Deleted

Class questions

I am returning for legion and was going to level a new main up. But I've ran into an issue if sorts. I am a bit out of touch with the game.
    I am looking to always have a viable melee dps spec for pvp but with also potential to fill other rolls in pve.
    Monks caught my eye first, but after reading up ww had a bad time at the start of wod aparently and I don't want to put all my eggs into the ww pvp viability basket.
    (avoiding paladins for the same reason)
    Any input would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    too soon too tell the answers to those questions. you could try to base your decisions on where each class stands right now. but with no info from Legions development, and hardly any idea on where classes will go during its beta, not to mention specs getting big changes potentially... id say you are just way too early with your concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I wouldnt really bother making a decision if you are only coming back for legion, by the sounds of things they are making alot of changes for PvP for every single class and many classes are getting overhauls.

Best bet would be going for whatever you are comfortable with, as we currently know relatively nothing about legion changes (other than melee hunters and demon hunters)

10+ Year Old Account
    Play what you find fun. Every Class and spec is viable for mythic raiding, if you are not trying to be competitive. Most classes have at least 1 Competitive spec also.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    Play what you find fun. Every Class and spec is viable for mythic raiding, if you are not trying to be competitive. Most classes have at least 1 Competitive spec also.
    He's looking at PVP.

Rogues and Warriors are pretty consistently good for pvp, but really, as others have said, the meta today is not at all indicative of how the meta in Legion will look.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well there are always core classes that are gonna be very strong....classes that never EVER get nerfed down cause then everybody starts crying. Things like... mages...warriors...rogues...warlocks...hunters <---- those classes will never be BAD. And I mean EVER. Just cause blizzards philosophy for those classes it that they are PURE dmg dealers, so logically they are always gonna be doing more dmg and nerfing them is never acceptable. Whereas a Shaman (such as my self) is almost always gonna get axed down, just cause I can heal my self as Elemental...even though my self healing is totally shit right now....well.. don't play a shaman : P

Deleted
    I wasn't specifically looking for legion
    It's just the reason for my return.
    Just looking for a class blizzard never seem to do over. Even if it's their only dps spec. Like in pvp ret has never been unplayable. Neither has a shadow priest.
    Perhaps I'm thinking too much into this... Blizzard have got much better at balancing stuff since wrath, especially if it's a classes only dps spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Well there are always core classes that are gonna be very strong....classes that never EVER get nerfed down cause then everybody starts crying. Things like... mages...warriors...rogues...warlocks...hunters <---- those classes will never be BAD. And I mean EVER. Just cause blizzards philosophy for those classes it that they are PURE dmg dealers, so logically they are always gonna be doing more dmg and nerfing them is never acceptable. Whereas a Shaman (such as my self) is almost always gonna get axed down, just cause I can heal my self as Elemental...even though my self healing is totally shit right now....well.. don't play a shaman : P
    Enh is OP as hell...for 15 seconds every 3 mins...then they get bent over.

If you focus too much on the viability roulette you will never decide on a class. Pick one you like the play style of and learn it inside and out. Then when someone goes "oh its only a <insert class>" you make them eat their shoes.

Each class has nearly always had a tier-1 spec, if you want to really be competitive you have to be able and be ready to switch specs, so pick what you want. Don't listen to people saying that mages, warriors, <insert random class> has never been underpowered, all classes since at least LK had a spec to shine with.

Better to play what you enjoy and what clicks with you. I played an enhancement shaman all the way through TBC up to Cata and even though they were seen as dog poo in PvP I did ok with one, because I enjoyed it, learned it inside and out, and never stepped foot into the cesspit that is arena.

But if you want to choose something that is traditionally seen as stable or strong in PvP, then you'll have to consider how classes have been in the past. There is little to no information yet on how well classes will do in PvP, and the fact that PvP is being separated even more form PvE means it might be a more stable environment so considering past trends may be useless.

However consider:
    What classes do better early in an expansion compared to later in an expansion
    What classes have what base tools, ie Warriors are quite mobile, Rogues have stealth etc.
    What classes are seen as inherently popular, and hence how easy it will be for you to get into rated PvP groups if that's what you intend on doing.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2015-09-17 at 11:48 AM.
    RETH

Deleted
    If you want to play solo: rogue / monk ww
    Monk had very good times in MOP, but now, the gameplay is so squishie :/

A good assist & also fun gameplay if you play in group: Ret paladin.

Rogue. Top in both pvp and pve and useful in both. Best bet

Deleted
    demon hunter obviously