Page 1 of 3
LastLast

A question about the Heirloom Ring Shipyard Missions

I made this post over in the battle.net forums in a thread someone started about the rings, but I figured I would throw it down here also, incase someone here reads it and can help me out.

From what I understand, you wont get the Heirloom Ring missions in the shipyard until you have both a level 3 Shipyard and completed the Ship Equipment Pattern turn in quest for the Ghostly Spyglass.

Now, here is where I am wondering if there is a possible bug: A patch or two back, they hotfixed it so that Ship Equipment availability is now account wide as long as at least one character has picked up the quest item and turned in the quest.

In my case, before this patch went live, the only character I had looted the Spyglass quest item on was my hunter. Since that patch went live, I have killed undead Ironbeard on 5 of my other characters and none are able to loot / see the Spyglass Quest item (which is supposed to be a 100% drop chance).

running the script that tells you if you have completed the quest on any of my non hunter characters returns a false.

So the gist of my question is: If my hunter is the only character who is flagged as having completed that quest, and my other characters are unable to loot the item due to some wierd Account wide flag, does that mean that ONLY my hunter will ever be able to get the Ring Missions?

So I want to ask: Has anyone gotten one of the Ring Missions on a character who has NOT looted and turned in the Spyglass quest?

And for reference, I know the ring missions are supposed to be "rare", but they shouldnt be that rare. I have 7 level 100 toons with level 3 garrisons. I have so far recieved the Void-Shrouded Satchel Mission about 8 times, and coalfist gronling twice. It just seems wierd that i have not yet seen a Ring Mission at all.

It may just be a case of RNG being RNG, but I would like to know of anyone who can verify that you can still get the mission on a character who did not actually turn in the Spyglass quest item.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2015-09-17 at 03:23 AM.

I got the int heirloom ring mission for the first time about a week ago (between my three toons), could only get the success up to 98%.

It failed. Wasn't happy, doubt i'll ever see it again.

Had you looted and turned in the spyglass quest item on that toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Had you looted and turned in the spyglass quest item on that toon?
    I think it's been established that the spyglass has nothing to do with the heirloom ring missions.

In any even the recent patch/hotfix made ship equipment account-wide.

The spyglass theory is bs

I thought the entire point of the Spyglass item was that A: All the ring missions require it to counter the ghostly crew, and B: it was supposed to be a bit of RP / Lore that you couldnt actually SEE the ghost ships without the spyglass, therefore no spyglass = no mission.

A source to support the idea that you dont need one to get the other would be nice.

And i am aware that ship equipment is account wide. I even mentioned it in my initial post...... What I want to know is if the Ring missions are tied to you actually being flagged as having turned in the spyglass quest......

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stop comparing the garrison rare missions (satchel,gronnling) to the heirloom ring missions. The garrison rare missions spawn once per week. The Shityard rare missions are... rare. I do not know if there is a cooldown on those, as i seem to get them more often on alts than the main. Got 3 alts with the 3 rare shityard missions achi, but not on main who made his shityard first. And not because he failed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I thought the entire point of the Spyglass item was that A: All the ring missions require it to counter the ghostly crew, and B: it was supposed to be a bit of RP / Lore that you couldnt actually SEE the ghost ships without the spyglass, therefore no spyglass = no mission.

A source to support the idea that you dont need one to get the other would be nice.

And i am aware that ship equipment is account wide. I even mentioned it in my initial post...... What I want to know is if the Ring missions are tied to you actually being flagged as having turned in the spyglass quest......
    The spyglass was/is absolutely required. My roommate had one toon with it and 5 toons without it at lvl 3 shipyard 675 ilvl etc and he got all his rings from the one toon with the spyglass.

I got no rings until I looted the spyglass on a couple of toons and once I got one mission all 3 came fairly quickly (as it did for my roommate).

Given how few people acknowledge the spyglass flag at all I doubt anyone knows if the trigger is just having it open or having done the quest. If your guy that was the one that actually looted it has 675 ilvl you'll eventually get it on that one. If you see it on another, you should post here so people will know as you're a good test case.

AFAIK you do not need to bother equipping a spyglass prior to getting the missions, simply having turned in the quest and having it opened spawned the missions for me (around 2-3 weeks after getting the spyglass on a couple characters).

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    The spyglass was/is absolutely required. My roommate had one toon with it and 5 toons without it at lvl 3 shipyard 675 ilvl etc and he got all his rings from the one toon with the spyglass.

I got no rings until I looted the spyglass on a couple of toons and once I got one mission all 3 came fairly quickly (as it did for my roommate).

Given how few people acknowledge the spyglass flag at all I doubt anyone knows if the trigger is just having it open or having done the quest. If your guy that was the one that actually looted it has 675 ilvl you'll eventually get it on that one. If you see it on another, you should post here so people will know as you're a good test case.

AFAIK you do not need to bother equipping a spyglass prior to getting the missions, simply having turned in the quest and having it opened spawned the missions for me (around 2-3 weeks after getting the spyglass on a couple characters).
    Not true, got all 3 of the rings without the spyglass.
    I have all rare missions on one character other than left shark.
    Last edited by Sin Cara; 2015-09-18 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    Not true, got all 3 of the rings without the spyglass.
    I have all rare missions on one character other than left shark.
    I got mount and pet rare missions without the spyglass pattern and that was it for several months.

Once I got the spyglass pattern a week or two ago, I received the three heirloom ring and AH missions relatively quickly.

I'm convinced that the spyglass pattern makes a difference.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endur View Post
    I got mount and pet rare missions without the spyglass pattern and that was it for several months.

Once I got the spyglass pattern a week or two ago, I received the three heirloom ring and AH missions relatively quickly.

I'm convinced that the spyglass pattern makes a difference.
    Me too. Sin Cara is the only one who posted about the lack of correlation between spyglass pattern and the heirloom ring missions, while most people get those missions just after obtaining the spyglass pattern on one or more alts (for me, it was all 3 capable of building a shityard toons in one of my WoW accounts, before naval equipment became BNET account wide).

Deleted
    I've had all the equipment unlocked for a long time now, all my ships are purple, I am continuously running missions from all over the map, not just the north-eastern part, I have max amount of followers, all purple, all ilevel 675, and my character itself is over 675...

I have yet to see the ring OR trinket missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I've had all the equipment unlocked for a long time now, all my ships are purple, I am continuously running missions from all over the map, not just the north-eastern part, I have max amount of followers, all purple, all ilevel 675, and my character itself is over 675...

I have yet to see the ring OR trinket missions.
    I didnt see you say whether or not you had the spyglass ship trait equipped on a few ships.

If not, that would be one reason you've not seen the rings. It took me 2 weeks clearing missions before they showed up and all 3 were almost back to back over the next 2 weeks.

As for the trinket, its really a random roll of the dice once max'd and I've had it take weeks to get one..... then got 2 in less than 10 days.
    Last edited by Sanguinesun; 2015-09-21 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Me too. Sin Cara is the only one who posted about the lack of correlation between spyglass pattern and the heirloom ring missions, while most people get those missions just after obtaining the spyglass pattern on one or more alts
    If by "most people" you mean "some people" sure.

One thing for sure is that obtaining the spyglass pattern/completing the quest does not cause a ring mission to appear in less than two months.

I'm just saying that you don't "need" it.
    I got the spyglass after I got the rings because the mob was never up on my server and I didn't feel like server hopping for a low drop rate.
    It was abysmal before they buffed it.
    Last edited by Sin Cara; 2015-09-22 at 06:23 AM.

Got 2 of the 3 rings without the Spyglass
    Granted I've been running missions for ages and only had the Int one pop a week ago. The Agi one then popped while I was still doing the Int one.

Deleted
    Those heirloom ring quests are kinda...weird for me anyway. I did all the requirements(lvl 3 shipyard ghostly spyglass and etc) on 2 of my chars. Did them separately so no "account wide stuff and etc.) Yet... 1 char had already 2 ring missions while the other didn't get anything yet. Favoritism?

Interesting how all these people who claim they didn't do the spyglass miniquest and still got the heirloom ring missions not able to pull out a single screenshot proving they don't have the spyglass *and* have the rings in their heirloom journal.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    The spyglass theory is bs
    is it though ? i have 12 shityards and have never seen ring mission on any of toons - so i woder if there is any prerequirment to start geting those

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    I didnt see you say whether or not you had the spyglass ship trait equipped on a few ships.

If not, that would be one reason you've not seen the rings.
    I have the spyglass on one ship of each class, so 5 equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    It took me 2 weeks clearing missions before they showed up and all 3 were almost back to back over the next 2 weeks.
    That could just as easily be the usual RNG as it could be the spyglass triggering them. Nothing points in the direction of them being required for the missions to pop.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2015-09-21 at 12:48 PM.