Deleted

Holy Priest, help / tips or whatever to improve gameplay...

Hi all !

Ok, Holy priest are totally forsaken by Bli² ...

But .. really, we request some help for our player, so demoralized.
    Please, some tips about her gameplay/priority ? .. she hav to smile again, otherwise it's the depression

Here latest WL :
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/P4XnD8wyz7HTFhJb#fight=26&type=healing&source=18&translate=true

warcraftlogs.com/reports/P4XnD8wyz7HTFhJb#fight=19&type=healing&translate=true&source=18

and armory : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Museen/advanced

Thanks a lot !!!

I am by no way experienced with the Holy spec, but let me throw in some rambling that might just help you out.
    -snip. Turns out I was very wrong.

What I want to know is: What is the problem you're trying to overcome here?
    Last edited by Absolucion; 2015-09-28 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolucion View Post
    I am by no way experienced with the Holy spec, but let me throw in some rambling that might just help you out.

I would, first of all, consider not speccing into the Renew glyph, seeing as it is a good portion of your overhealing factor. The unglyphed Renew heals (roughly) as much as the glyphed one, but lasts longer. I also think that you should consider using PW:Solace instead of SoL to sustain a gameplay with more AOE heals and likely more Renews as well.

I just saw the second log and it just looks to be bad cooldown usage on it. It sucks if you were set to use Divine Hymn on a predetermined part of the fight and you'll just have to shrug it off, it's necessary, but you might want to consider Cascade when Halo is overhealing 80%.

What I want to know is: What is the problem you're trying to overcome here?
    Wrong. All your points are incredibly wrong, and is completely counter to the best practices of playing Holy.

1) A long HoT is more likely to overheal more than a short HoT. Also, a shorter HoT allows you to compress your healing for burst phases better as your Renew ticks will hit harder. Renew is thus ALWAYS glyphed by Holy Priests - it is not debatable, arguable; it is mandatory regardless of which 2 major schools of playstyle you belong to as holy.

2) Solace is absolutely terrible and was only run in Highmaul/BRF pre-Mindbender buff. Holy Priests do not shun haste(and there's so much haste this tier), that Mindbender is the obvious and superior secondary choice if you choose not to run Surge of Light.

3) Cascade is awful compared to Halo or Divine Star. Cascade wastes bounces on pets, and while Halo heals pets too and pet overhealing is counted towards Halo overhealing ratios(thus making it seem like it overheals a lot like Cascade), the healing is not diminished by pets. Divine Star is not run for the healing, but for the ridiculous proc rate on Surge of Light.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Holy priest is all about reacting, while disc priest is all about predicting. Popping divine hymn on the right moment would increase your HPS significantly.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Wrong. All your points are incredibly wrong, and is completely counter to the best practices of playing Holy.
    Like I said, I am by no way experienced with Holy and I henceforth withdraw my post completely.

Deleted
    Thx for this first posts

In fact, we're beginning Myhtic (1st boss down yeah !), and her healing power is so low ...
    It's very worrying.. and she would see what's wrong in her priority / gameplay.

Recently, she stopped spam Prayer of healing.

If i see other rankings ... it seems that she uses Renew not enough...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how can anyone "spam" Prayer of Healing. It destroys your mana pool when used without Serendipity and even with one it's pretty taxing. The output doesn't really match the mana consumption, so... You sure she isn't a Shaman in disguise? Chain Heal spam works, PoH not so much.

Firstly, run less healers - 6 healers for 25 people will tax your healing numbers, and very much on holy..

If she wants to 'spam' prayer of healing, atleast glyph binding heal and be prepared to use that alot - this is very mana consuming, but can pump out alot of healing in short time.

Cast prayer of mending on cooldown, to strong not to (fel lord zakuun had 3 prayer of mendings casts, in a 4 min fight. Prioritise having 3-4 mendings out before big aoe damage, and having double serendipity and surge of light ready aswell.
    Eventhough that holy is a reactive spec, there is alot of things we can do to prepare for big chuncks of damage.

With 2 paladins and a disc, there should be no need to cast heal at all - it heals for close to nothing compared to what they can do, and your chances of using prayer of healing with better results is higher.

When running with a disc, spec out of body and soul, you will not only get a mad healer but also gimp discs output on whoever your shielding. Leap of faith is not cast often enough to warrent body and soul. Spec into feather instead
    Last edited by Soiprax; 2015-09-29 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you !

So the general playstyle of holy currently is to renew/CoH spam for days while trying to minimize overhealing. Holy is also in a weird spot gear wise, as it's an HPS loss to take mythic t18 4pc over t17(mythic)2pc/t18(w/e difficulty)2pc due to the loss of PoM.

PoM is one of the best spells holy has in it's arsenal and should absolutely be used on CD.

Just have her mind her numbers, spam PoH less and she should be fine.

Personally I would have her be the swing healer as holy is fairly weak atm in comparison to other healers.