Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Well as much as Im going to miss them, Ill never buy another damn bag of Doritos
    You creamed your pants when you saw this thread title didn't you?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

So this thread went all the predictable places, I just want to say that purple Doritos look unappetizing as hell. There's nothing political there, folks. I'll keep my spicy nacho.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    3rd, that's up to you. What makes you uncomfortable about it?
    I'm asking about the semantic differential of what it means to support LGBT.

As for example if you support gay marriage but not gender blurred bathrooms, would somebody say that you're a supporter or an opponent of LGBT?

Is it an all or nothing label or can you draw the line on what is equality and what is special treatment?

And that relates to the first post by Endus since we're talking about how to count people.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Why are there no chips that support us straight people? Yeah that was a little sarcasm but c'mon, really, they need a fucking chip? No one gives a shit if you suck dick or not. I don't give two shits if people are straight or gay, or whatever. Man the companies take things over the top nowadays.

The real reason you shouldn't eat Doritos of any sort:

WHOLE CORN, VEGETABLE OIL (CORN, SOYBEAN, AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL), SALT, CHEDDAR CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), MALTODEXTRIN, WHEAT FLOUR, WHEY, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, BUTTERMILK SOLIDS, ROMANO CHEESE (PART SKIM COW'S MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ONION POWDER, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND COTTONSEED OIL, CORN FLOUR, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTOSE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, DEXTROSE, TOMATO POWDER, SPICES, LACTIC ACID, ARTIFICIAL COLOR (INCLUDING YELLOW 6, YELLOW 5, RED 40), CITRIC ACID, SUGAR, GARLIC POWDER, RED AND GREEN BELL PEPPER POWDER, SODIUM CASEINATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, NONFAT MILK SOLIDS, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS.

I don't want to sound like a hippie but when you reduce your intake of GMO based foods you will feel better, you will be taking a real step to improving your health, and you will be helping the planet.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    Why are there no chips that support us straight people? Yeah that was a little sarcasm but c'mon, really, they need a fucking chip? No one gives a shit if you suck dick or not. I don't give two shits if people are straight or gay, or whatever. Man the companies take things over the top nowadays.
    I think you'll find there's a lot of people who care. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

WHOLE CORN, VEGETABLE OIL (CORN, SOYBEAN, AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL), SALT, CHEDDAR CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), MALTODEXTRIN, WHEAT FLOUR, WHEY, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, BUTTERMILK SOLIDS, ROMANO CHEESE (PART SKIM COW'S MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ONION POWDER, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND COTTONSEED OIL, CORN FLOUR, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTOSE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, DEXTROSE, TOMATO POWDER, SPICES, LACTIC ACID, ARTIFICIAL COLOR (INCLUDING YELLOW 6, YELLOW 5, RED 40), CITRIC ACID, SUGAR, GARLIC POWDER, RED AND GREEN BELL PEPPER POWDER, SODIUM CASEINATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, NONFAT MILK SOLIDS, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS.

I don't want to sound like a hippie but when you reduce your intake of GMO based foods you will feel better, you will be taking a real step to improving your health, and you will be helping the planet.
    But they taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I hate hypocrites, this does nothing good other than once again pretending gay is something special. If you want people to see it as normal than act like it's normal.

I never understood these BS support groups. I can't recall a single time where someone was offensive against a gay person in the last 15 years. Yes, I live in Belgium and yes I understand that it's not the same everyone else.

Anyway, if I didn't saw this thread I'd probably ignore the bag since it simply doesn't look inviting from a food perspective.
    Uhhh *points to russia and gestures vaguely in the direction of the middle east, then glances at china and NK before just giving up*

What specific ingredients do you take issue with, other than "ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR" and "ARTIFICIAL COLOR"?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    lololol...not it isn't. If that was the case why did they wait till AFTER the SCOTUS decision? Are they now decent customers or have they been decent customers all along?
    It's probably come up now because of the political climate. Majority support for gay marriage was like 20 years ago, but naturally the SCOTUS decision brought the issue back up. Whether their motivation is some kind of genuine social agenda (because that's something a chip company should have) or merely a commercial one. It's about the same anyway.

Or maybe Doritos is trying to put homophobic bakers out of business :P

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    You can't even buy the rainbow ones in stores. You can only get them as a gift for donateing 10 dollars to a Pro-LGBT group.
    Oh so, it's like, not even really a thing.

P.S. Who remembers:

I think you could only order that over the net too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So this thread went all the predictable places, I just want to say that purple Doritos look unappetizing as hell. There's nothing political there, folks. I'll keep my spicy nacho.
    Not for the first time I wish the gay movement had picked something other than the rainbow as a symbol.

It's so... gay...

OKAY MOM!

Seriously though most of that stuff is just the scientific name for regular food ingredients.

Did you know MSG is completely harmless? The hysteria around it was based on essentially an urban legend and some Chinese restaurants with bad hygiene standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Seriously though most of that stuff is just the scientific name for regular food ingredients.

Did you know MSG is completely harmless? The hysteria around it was based on essentially an urban legend and some Chinese restaurants with bad hygiene standards.
    Exactly. MSG was originally isolated from seaweed and has never shown adverse effects in double blind studies with people who claim to be MSG sensitive.

I'll simplify that ingredient list:

Corn, oil, salt, cheese, starch, flour, protein, MSG, buttermilk powder, seasoning mix, partially hydrogenated oil, PH adjustor, milk sugar and protein, artificial flavor and color, Umami things.

There. I bolded the only things that worry me.

That's impossible to know for sure.

First, you could never poll everybody to begin with.

Second, you cant know whats inside everybody's minds to see if they're answering truthfully.

Third, there is no consensuses on what "supporting LGBT" means - if I'm a proponent for gay marriage but an opponent for gender blurred bathrooms do I support LGBT or do I oppose it?

Fourth, retaliation for not supporting anything and everything LGBT is so harsh and excessively punitive that it has undoubtedly scared a substantial amount of people to simply say nothing or lie when questioned directly.
    1) No shit that's how statistics work.
    2) See 1), that's a possibility in any poll.
    3) Specific polls state the specific questions they ask. Here's an example. This one asked about non-discrimination laws and same sex marriage, separately.
    4) You're conceding that being anti-gay is no longer socially acceptable. Because homophobes are outnumbered and their prejudices disgust regular people.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. MSG was originally isolated from seaweed and has never shown adverse effects in double blind studies with people who claim to be MSG sensitive.

Corn, oil, salt, cheese, starch, flour, protein, MSG, buttermilk powder, seasoning mix, partially hydrogenated oil, PH adjustor, milk sugar and protein, artificial flavor and color, Umami things.

And really, artificial flavour and colour could mean almost anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I could go for a bag of Doritos right now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    All corn is genetically modified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I could go for a bag of Doritos right now.
    I was thinking of Taco Bell. Do they still have to Doritos tacos?

10+ Year Old Account

Artfical color just means it comes from another source. They could be using juice to dye it for all we know.

I was thinking of Taco Bell. Do they still have to Doritos tacos?
    They do! And in a Gordita Crunch version (My personal fave)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No, because they are promoting homosexuality and are discriminating against straight people (they made no straight Doritos that are different from what they usually sell)
    You do realize that you'll have to boycott every Frito-Lay product, right? Also they are a division of pepsi, so you'll have to boycott everything associated with them. Good luck!

These look disgusting, like most of the industrial produced trash food coming from the US..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    You do realize that you'll have to boycott every Frito-Lay product, right? Also they are a division of pepsi, so you'll have to boycott everything associated with them. Good luck!
    I have no issues with boycotting Pepsi.

Coke for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

i wonder if this is truly hey lets support this.. or HEY lets make a quick buck type deal.... i lean towards the later.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Those chips look disgusting. Why are they trying to pump LBGTQ supporters full of GMO corn, MSG, and artifical flavoring? I smell a conspiracy here...brb, going to grab my tinfoil hat.