Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Well, I think you can now say it will be MUCH harder for Trump to win.

I just read a story on Yahoo, and now another story has come out where he says he didn't mean it the way it was taken..... Do you think he meant it. the way he said it? This could cost him a ton of women's votes, IMO. In the follow up, he sure sounds very much like a rat caught in a corner:

According to the upcoming Rolling Stone cover story, published online Wednesday, the real estate mogul made the remarks when an image of his Republican rival appeared on a nearby television screen.

“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?” Trump is quoted saying. “I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

The follow up:

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump says he wasn’t talking about Carly Fiorina’s looks when he asked Rolling Stone reporter to imagine “that face” as “the face of our next president.”

“I’m talking about persona, not about looks,” Trump said in an appearance on “Fox & Friends” Thursday.
    Last edited by GarlicGuy; 2015-09-10 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Bolded the quotes.

Deleted
    I thought you mean trump as a gamer.

Sometimes, I wonder how Trump even managed to do anything in his life at all.

Although I suppose before it was just more of a unique quirk of him on his shows and what not, now it's "Oh god people want that as president".

I don't think though it should matter either way if he meant looks or persona, he's been just flinging insults around at everyone rather than actually trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Yeah because this will be the one to bring him down lol
    Well, laugh away, but the continuous stupid things he says can't possibly be helping him.... Much like Palin telling people to "speak American"..... and when you have the potential to alienate half the population, I think it's just another step he gets away from being the president.

TBH, though, I don't think he even wants to be president. I think this is about 2 things:

1. Trying to push for policy changes that he wants

2. Pushing the Trump "brand".

Idk...his tiff with Megyn Kelly cause her show to get record ratings...perhaps this is to get Carly Fiorina some air time.

The only revelation here is that someone actually thought he had a chance to begin with...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I don't know, he told that Fox news reporter she was asking him tough questions cause she was on the rag. He didn't use those exact words be he said something about her "bleeding".

Nobody seems to care.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Oh ... THAT Trump.

*goes back to Hearthstone forums*

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I just read a story on Yahoo, and now another story has come out where he says he didn't mean it the way it was taken..... Do you think he meant it. the way he said it? This could cost him a ton of women's votes, IMO. In the follow up, he sure sounds very much like a rat caught in a corner:
    The simple answer: This will cause him to poll higher.

The complex answer: His supporters will probably start to smear Fiorina big time. It'll probably be the only time you'll see Republican's attack a business leader for laying off people. This will cause Trump to poll even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The simple answer: This will cause him to poll higher.

The complex answer: His supporters will probably start to smear Fiorina big time. It'll probably be the only time you'll see Republican's attack a business leader for laying off people. This will cause Trump to poll even higher.
    Well we disagree, and that's OK.... but I think all this being a bully will hurt him in the long run.

Let's just suppose he becomes President..... you think he can do what he does now, with foreign diplomacy?.... just bully his way along, with public verbal abuse?

I think that Americans will have to think about that before they vote. I think if people hate the USA now, it will get much worse if he is the president. Pluse, if he wants to talk about "looks', let him do something about that rats nest he calls hair, and he needs to stop looking like he has constant constipation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If women aren't already turned off by his womanizing they're not going to care if he called Carly Fiorina ugly.

Lmao.

You seriously think Trumps trying to win?...

People really need to learn to think outside the box more.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He has said worse things and they have not hurt his poll numbers. A lot of his supporters want someone to get things done when it comes to the main topics concerning the country to them. Economy, debt, world perception of how strong the US is, illegal immigration, treatment of veterans. The personal jabs at others do not mean shit. They do not want someone to be nice, they want someone who is going to be tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    The only revelation here is that someone actually thought he had a chance to begin with...
    Plenty of derps on this site think so. Heh.

Anyone who thinks this will hurt him must have just started paying attention to the race. Trump could wipe his ass with flag and his poll numbers would still go up.

Also, he has a point. Do we really want a President with such a bad plastic surgery job? At least I'm hoping it was plastic surgery.

I thiught he lost the whemon when he said Megan kelly was "bleeding from...wherever".

Really bad idea for him to try to get people to vote for a candidate based on looks, seeing as how he looks like a spray tanned lump of shit with a hair piece...

Who cares if he thinks she's ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I know right lol. A few days ago I was just listening to my very conservative family joke about how Trump is a nutcase.
    X