Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    1st boss always (if it was actually hard maybe not always)
    Iskar adds
    Xhul 100 - 20 %
    Manno never

Is there a place where I can vote for this to be stickied?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Is there a place where I can vote for this to be stickied?
    The people in charge of that are the mods, in the rogue forum they are Keal and Coldkil. I didn't contact them myself because I didn't want to appear brash and self entitled, also they might be somewhat inactive as I believe both are taking a break from WoW. You could write them a pm and ask them about it.

Merging the threads to save space might work.

Nvm, shadowcraft answered my question
    Last edited by Inocybe; 2015-09-24 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    When you have a dagger in main hand and a slow off hand (for cleaving phases), what enchantements do you have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RylixTV View Post
    1st boss always (if it was actually hard maybe not always)
    Iskar adds
    Xhul 100 - 20 %
    Manno never
    I don't have any dagger above an itemlevel of 715, but I got 2 slow weapons @ 725 and 726 respectively. I sincerely doubt I want to swap weapons.

Would be nice to know a little more details about when it's worth it with what item level. Surely someones done the math

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VeriDF View Post
    When you have a dagger in main hand and a slow off hand (for cleaving phases), what enchantements do you have?
    Multistrike is king for AoE situations, and your highest ilvl slow weapon you want to frostwolf up for Subt anyway.
    So personally I use 2x Frostwolf regardless of anything.

Even with simcraft and yesterday raid i can't decide.

For ae fight (assault, iskar, xhul, kilrogg) do you use archi + mirror, or mirror +soul cap ?

you can't not use archimonde trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped using mirror because it's too gimmicky. I use Censer and Soulcap now. Which one depends on my mood and what I feel like

Archi trinket is 100% of the time. You shouldn't ever not use that.

Censer is quite nice for Xhul though, better then soulcap I think. Simply because wasted explosion damage on the imps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I don't have any dagger above an itemlevel of 715, but I got 2 slow weapons @ 725 and 726 respectively. I sincerely doubt I want to swap weapons.

Would be nice to know a little more details about when it's worth it with what item level. Surely someones done the math

- - - Updated - - -

Multistrike is king for AoE situations, and your highest ilvl slow weapon you want to frostwolf up for Subt anyway.
    So personally I use 2x Frostwolf regardless of anything.
    Switching or not depends on total ilvl and ilvl difference of weapons, however going from 1 to 3 targets weapon damage drops from best stat to last stat so chances are high it will be worth it for you. It's rather simple to sim it once with dagger and once without on cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I stopped using mirror because it's too gimmicky. I use Censer and Soulcap now. Which one depends on my mood and what I feel like

Archi trinket is 100% of the time. You shouldn't ever not use that.

Censer is quite nice for Xhul though, better then soulcap I think. Simply because wasted explosion damage on the imps.
    Will give it a try, thank you both

10+ Year Old Account
    Anticipation is ALOT better then Marked for Death.

Combining it with Bandit's Guile is the key to master the specc.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Of course the person on the internet that hasn't set foot in Mythic knows everything about mastering his class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Wow.

First off by using that drastic Fontchange you don't back up your statement at all. Secondly it's somewhat of an eyesore to me personally.

If you want to proof your point feel free to backup your statement with some math on your point.

I will go ahead and post a link or two about mfd vs anticipation which I suggest you read first before replying here:
    https://venomousthoughts.wordpress.c...on-for-combat/
    This one is from 2014 by shadowboy, back then we had Shadow Blades that increased Anticipation's value and now that is gone. Even with that skill mfd pulled ahead.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15270289307#19
    This is by Fierydemise during WoD, showing that all it took during T17 was one add every 4.5 Minutes or so for mfd to overtake anticipation. T17 increased the chance for SS to generate a 2nd CP by a lot (20%?) for a total of 45%.

Also there is Simcraft. If you use mfd on any profile with T18 you get more dps. Period.

This is by Fierydemise during WoD, showing that all it took during T17 was one add every 4.5 Minutes or so for mfd to overtake anticipation.
    Just to clarify, he said every 3 min 45 seconds in t17. it's also probably higher in T18, due to how the T17 set works, which could be an add every 4.5 minutes.

Also, I wonder if that's the add dying literally instantly in every 3.75 minutes. Wonder what the math would be if the add stayed alive for 30 seconds, compared to instantly dying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dithemoira312 View Post
    Just to clarify, he said every 3 min 45 seconds in t17. it's also probably higher in T18, due to how the T17 set works, which could be an add every 4.5 minutes.

Also, I wonder if that's the add dying literally instantly in every 3.75 minutes. Wonder what the math would be if the add stayed alive for 30 seconds, compared to instantly dying.
    The number doesn't really matter as it was absurdly big, where do you see combat cleave fights without dying adds?

Also there is no mark where mfd overtakes anticipation because it is just better now from the get go.
    You would be about 20 finishers per minute, I believe that number was also in there, to save as many cp as mfd generates.
    So every 3rd gcd a finisher. For that to work you must be energy capped, we are not, and SS to always generate 2 CP.

Is that consensus that Marked for Death is better than Anticipation?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintfurion View Post
    Is that consensus that Marked for Death is better than Anticipation?
    I would say yes. Combat is all about using your CDs as much as possible and fight with adds greatly favors combat. Having a MfD mouseover macro and a bit of practice can yield massive CD reduction thus giving you more DPS. And as RylixTV already said even in t17 you would need only one add every 4.5 mins for MfD to overtake Anticipation. More adds only create a bigger advantage for MfD over Anticipation.
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

Since we are playing without Anticipation our Combo Point cap is at 5. If you use Sinister Strike at 4 you waste on average 0.25 Combo Points in that situation - first off: It is not that big of a deal.
    Just to clarify, do we always want to use Eviscerate at 5 CPs? Or 4 CP Evi could also be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by nordveien View Post
    Just to clarify, do we always want to use Eviscerate at 5 CPs? Or 4 CP Evi could also be an option?
    I'd like to think there are a few scenarios where using a 4cp evis would be beneificial.

- If you know you won't be able to reach 5cp before the adds die/dissapear because of energy or mechanical constraints (running away with debuffs yada yada) it may be worth using it, as the additional damage from blade flurry may outweigh the energy loss/damage reduction from a 4cp vs 5cp. The same might hold true during the final stages of the legendary ring or deep insight.

- In a situation where killing spree is soon to be up (next finishing move activiates it) but the adds are soon dead, I'd probably use a 4cp evis as long as I'm sure it'd allow me to use my killing spree fully before the adds died.

- Finally I'd use a 4cp evis if it meant gaining an extra use of MFD that I otherwise would've missed because I was at 4cp, waiting for the energy for the 5th cp to use evis, and in that time two adds died closely apart (within a second or two) making my MFD reset, but me not wanting to apply it to the secondary target because I'm already at 4-5cp (if that makes sense).

The above is all speculation anyway. No math or proof, so take it for whatever it's worth.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2015-10-08 at 12:10 PM.