Deleted

H Xhul'horac with many ppl w/o Movement

Hey guys,

I'm in a Raidgroup with many nice guys and it's a pleasure playing with them. We have only 2 (3 Hour) Raids per Week so you could call us pretty casual. We are also pretty small (usually between 12 and 16 ppl) and our Setup is pretty bad (no DKS, one Rogue with bad attendance because of work, one Hunter who can't use Deterrence very well).

To give you a brief summary of our status:

we managed Highmaul and BRF AotC without problems,
    we are currently 13/13 NHC HFC
    + 12/13 HC HFC (only pulled Archimonde 3 times on HC)

We first killed Xhul'horac 3 IDs ago and rushed Vel'hari (5th try) + Mannoroth (3rd try) after that. Xhul'horac is the Boss who is a major Cockblock for us and I'm not sure why.

Sadly I can't provide any Logs. What I can see is that as soon Omnus dies and P3 begins ppl start spreading like shit, adds won't die anymore, fire going to places and one explosion after another.

I have the feeling that our tactic makes it more complicated than needed. Is there any "failsafe" P3 tactic / overall tactic?

I'll attach a Picture of our tactic.

P1 we stand at "1" dropping fire at green
    P2 we stand at "2" dropping fire at violet
    P3 we sand at "3" dropping first green fire at yellow (to explode violet short after)
    purple fire goes to blue
    P4 we only move if the room gets full

In theory it would work, but fire starts lying everywhere because ppl fail.

http: //imgur .com/33lKlxY

I hope you can help me in any way.

Thanks in advance!

Are the imps getting interrupted cos they can cause green crap to pop up in places, are ppl moving out of the voids steps that can randomly drop purple crap everywhere. Without logs it can be hard to help but maybe try clearing some in the 2nd phase as it wont be as crazy

Some tips:

If you have a shammy he can use grounding totem for Void surges and you never need to drop purple fire.

Fel Surge goes on the players closest to the boss so sic your best players (the ones who can plant it where it should go) on Surge duty and the rest can derp in peace.

Makes sure imps are interrupted and nuked and kill voidfiends asap as well for less chance of fuckups.

Have rogue or someone else with a cd clear up some fire if need be and move the boss a lot if you have issues with the room filling up (though you shouldn't).

Deleted
    This is how my 2 guilds (casual heroic and Mythic alt run) does it and you can decide if this is something for you. Im pretty sure its alot better movement and less messy then what you do and i give u some tips why.

We start at where you have blue (for ranged) and tank boss close to blue at edge of the circle facing away from the ranged. We drop the first fires next to the stairs, as fire doesnt spread through the strair, having alot more space. By facing the boss away your melee can also easier get to the stairs.
    We slowly drop our fire more the the left and start moving to green once he phases. When people get void they drop their void fire close to the green fire (not ontop, but close so it will slowly spread and explode), thats if u dont got someone to immume it.

Keep doing this and move to purple if needed. At last phase dont let anyone explode and just drop the fire on save places and nuke the boss.

I know how annoying it can be for people to get used to certain responsible tactics in a casual guild as i raid lead on my shaman in one. But once they get used to it, you will have such an easy time.

Rest remember:
    - intrupt the imps!!!
    - Adds before boss, aside from void adds wich u can slowly dot/aoe down.
    - kite the void adds (dont let them get in melee)

-
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-09-16 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Oh I forgot to mention Imps. 99% of time imps won't cast anything (me (ret) + WLs) manage to stun/interrupt them. The purple crap from Voids is sometimes a problem because ppl won't move in time. Adds are focus but in P3 they won't die because ppl won't stop from running around like a beehive is following them.

That Tip with grounding totem sounds really nice, will try that.

I've heard that Fel Surge goes on the player closest to the boss but it seems that ranges are counted extra (like 1 Melee / 3 Ranges OR 2 Melee / 2 Range get fire) but that would be an idea for trying.

Our biggest problem is probably the fuckups (like running around like shit/dropping fire "somewhere). But thats sadly nothing I (or "the good ones") can solve solo. It's probably needed that we try and try and try even though I hate that boss :/

Thank you for your suggestions anyways!

Edit: shinbout: read your tactic. Sounds a lot less messy but how can you stop void adds from jumping in the middle? Do they port to the closest target? But nonetheless we will try that way.
    Last edited by mmoc17c8bb4b4b; 2015-09-16 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    I just had to correct myself, as i said green instead of blue.

We start at blue :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aht1 View Post
    Our biggest problem is probably the fuckups (like running around like shit/dropping fire "somewhere). But thats sadly nothing I (or "the good ones") can solve solo. It's probably needed that we try and try and try even though I hate that boss :/
    A few good players can make a HUGE difference on this boss. There's 2 things they can do:

- A healer or a very mobile dps can force the shadow adds on him/her by getting close to them. You can just pingpong them in between 2 points while the other dps nuke them without having to constantly move.
    - You can clean up the patches of fire/shadow that you feel are too dangerous. Simply go pick up a debuff of the opposing type, and run into a patch and it will clean everything nearby. The explosion from this won't kill people alone, not even the one exploding. It will leave a debuff for 1 minute so 1 person can't clean everything. Just make sure you stop cleaning when the last phase starts because the explosion + boss aoe can kill people. The goal is to keep the room clean until the last phase starts then go all out.
    Last edited by mmoc0b02ba1114; 2015-09-16 at 04:53 PM.

I hate to say it but honestly Xhul hurts with a small group. It is doable but get to 19+ people and it becomes cake. I know people dont like to pug, but pugging does work. I've pug leaded this entire raid and started to get consistent pugs. Now if only we could have cross realm guilds.

Deleted
    The fight can be cheesed with some simple tricks. e.g. a group heavy in gripping can probably increase dps by 20 to 40% since nobody would care about targetting ads.

I wonder how I soak by the way. Does anyone have tl;dr for a greater invis mage?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The fight can be cheesed with some simple tricks. e.g. a group heavy in gripping can probably increase dps by 20 to 40% since nobody would care about targetting ads.

I wonder how I soak by the way. Does anyone have tl;dr for a greater invis mage?
    Do you just come to threads to post random crap that has no bearing on the topic at hand? The first paragraph says "No grips available" and you just spend most of your post blathering on about them.

Daer also explained the exact question you asked. In your case just as you soak you hit the greater invis button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    just as you soak you hit the greater invis button.

That's not the full process of soaking so do me a favor and don't reply at all to me if you don't want to help me with my question. You seem to only want to swear, personally attack and troll. I have noticed you repeatedly call people "scrubs", their raid leaders "idiots" and who knows what else.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-09-20 at 12:54 AM.

That's not the full process of soaking so do me a favor and don't reply at all to me if you don't want to help me with my question. You seem to only want to swear, personally attack and troll. I have noticed you repeatedly call people "scrubs", their raid leaders "idiots" and who knows what else.
    It's more or less the full process of soaking.

If you want to clear the green side of the room, you grab the purple debuff, go over to the green, and hit GI before you run into the green.
    If you want to clear the purple side of the room, you grab the green debuff, go over to purple, and hit GI before you run into the purple.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It's more or less the full process of soaking.

If you want to clear the green side of the room, you grab the purple debuff, go over to the green, and hit GI before you run into the green.
    If you want to clear the purple side of the room, you grab the green debuff, go over to purple, and hit GI before you run into the purple.
    How you managed not to flame him is beyond me, that reply hurt my brain. And apparently saying crap once constitutes as swearing

People fail in our farm every week.
    At this point, the gear and prevailing understanding of the encounter should be enough to complete it even after mistakes like that.
    As far back as our first kill we realized that a single mistake is not enough to destroy the strategy.

Just execute as well as you can and it will die.
    Save lust / ring for the end when the situations is most dire.

If you can't grab victory after there is nothing more to discuss.
    It's time for people to start playing like they want to down bosses or start stepping out!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The explanation I referenced along with hitting greater invis is indeed the full process. You're the last person to point out other peoples posting habits. Not a day goes by where you don't post some dumb ass thread that gets locked for being stupid or irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the discussion helpful. There is no need to point out various posting habits of posters, which are irrelevant to the thread.

We use a slightly different strat, which is tighter and a bit more demanding in the first phases, but very forgiving in the last phase which is otherwise a big hassle.

Phase 1, boss in first position, ranged near green, take fel surges to green, stacked tightly in the corner. Loose fel surge puddles are a problem.
    Phase 2, boss in first position, ranged near purple, take void surge to purple

We then have a rogue clear the fel surge puddles with cloak of shadows.
    Once the fel surges are cleared, we will drop void surges on green.

Phase 3, boss moves to second position, take fel surges to red.

Phase 4, boss in 3rd position, take fel surges to white, take void surges to blue.