Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hearthstone Loot Crate leaks

Remember how hyped a lot of people were over this month's crate? Prepare to be incredibly disappointed like every other Loot Crate. Really hope if you got into this crate for the Hearthstone items, you got it for free through Crunchyroll's special offer, or you got pretty ripped off.

Didn't want to/Can't watch? Here's the Hearthstone items:
    - A replica of The Coin, as a coin
    - Hearthstone-shaped stress toy
    - A single pack of classic cards. I'm not kidding.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about these things? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Who cares about these things? xD
    People who bought into a $14 crate because people hyped up that there were Hearthstone-related items inside (I was kinda hoping for an exclusive card back, especially with all the bullshit ones they keep making for eSports events that like .1% of players will get).

Fortunately, I got my crate for free, but I feel really bad for anyone who got suckered into it.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I used to get the Arcade Box, and I pretty much stopped getting it for this reason.
    Once in a while (Every 4-5 months or so) you get a really cool box!
    But most of the time is stupid shit like that.
    "Here's a squishy toy, a notebook that looks like a gameboy, a magazine and a coaster that looks like a NES game! Enjoy!"
    Thank god there is always a shirt, or it wouldn't be worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Thank god there is always a shirt, or it wouldn't be worth it at all.
    There isn't always a shirt. Watch the video!

The first (and only) crate I ever bought was the Adventure one, and while the shirt was pretty cool (was Link from Legend of Zelda), it just DESTROYED the box's budget and it had a bunch of tiny toys other than that. I didn't expect anything great from this box (except maybe a card back instead of 40 Classic dust... like at LEAST be a TGT pack!), but man I couldn't have imagined that the box would be this terrible. If it at least DID add a shirt to this random assortment of crap, I'd say it's an okay box, but no, there's no shirt to eat the budget this time, and as cute as the Pikachu hat is, I live in Florida, so it's just gonna sit in my closet for an eternity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Big surprise. Loot Crate sounds cool on paper, but in pactice they mail out boxes of cheap, surplus convention swag that nobody wanted.

Oh boy, my Loot Crate's here! I can't wait for some Transformers stickers and a Doctor Who lanyard! Pfffft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Big surprise. Loot Crate sounds cool on paper, but in pactice they mail out boxes of cheap, surplus convention swag that nobody wanted.

Oh boy, my Loot Crate's here! I can't wait for some Transformers stickers and a Doctor Who lanyard! Pfffft.
    Again I'm well aware, but with a Hearthstone-based theme, they could have easily given out more packs of cards, a shirt, or an exclusive card back. Who doesn't want a Hearthstone T-shirt or a special card back you can sell on eBay in a few years for $1,000?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Again I'm well aware, but with a Hearthstone-based theme, they could have easily given out more packs of cards, a shirt, or an exclusive card back. Who doesn't want a Hearthstone T-shirt or a special card back you can sell on eBay in a few years for $1,000?
    How unrealistic can you get?

I don't know why anyone would expect Loot Crate to have anything that rare or exclusive. I don't think Blizzard ever promoted a partnership with Loot Crate (I certainly never saw it, didn't even know this was going to have Hearthstone-themed items), and like I said, the boxes are 99% leftover convention swag. Party favors, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    How unrealistic can you get?

I don't know why anyone would expect Loot Crate to have anything that rare or exclusive. I don't think Blizzard ever promoted a partnership with Loot Crate (I certainly never saw it, didn't even know this was going to have Hearthstone-themed items), and like I said, the boxes are 99% leftover convention swag. Party favors, basically.
    An exclusive card back I'll give you, but a T-Shirt or more than a single CLASSIC pack of cards is unrealistic? Please.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so sorry to hear that, is there a donation link somewhere so that I can help with your financial hardships?

You think people got ripped off if they paid $15 for 3 Hearthstone Items, a Hat, the simpsons thing, and a model car? That's a lot more than people are getting for their $15/month in WoW currently. Yeah it's not their most amazing box, but to be emo over it is just weird. It seems, from your posts, you're just mad that there is nothing you can sell for stupid amounts of money in a couple years. Well that's not the point of Loot Crate, so uh, surprise?

An exclusive card back I'll give you, but a T-Shirt or more than a single CLASSIC pack of cards is unrealistic? Please.
    More than one card pack would have been nice, yes ... but it's not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that, is there a donation link somewhere so that I can help with your financial hardships?

You think people got ripped off if they paid $15 for 3 Hearthstone Items, a Hat, the simpsons thing, and a model car? That's a lot more than people are getting for their $15/month in WoW currently. Yeah it's not their most amazing box, but to be emo over it is just weird. It seems, from your posts, you're just mad that there is nothing you can sell for stupid amounts of money in a couple years. Well that's not the point of Loot Crate, so uh, surprise?
    Lol, we're not comparing loot crate to WoW, and really? Being "emo" over posting the box and saying I'm pretty disappointed with it? Hyperbole much?

All I said was that it could have had a T-shirt, more cards, or fuck SOMETHING, idk. Just seems even more lackluster than usual from Loot Crate, and that's a new low for them, especially when they had an awesome theme to work with (Pokemon, Hearthstone, hell, throw Yu-Gi-Oh! and other summon-related games in there; the possibilities were endless)

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    More than one card pack would have been nice, yes ... but it's not the end of the world.
    It could have at least been a TGT pack. Making the card pack equivalent to the next week of tavern brawl just seems so weird.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-09-19 at 06:18 PM.

I had never even heard of it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I had never even heard of it until now.
    Don't worry, you're not missing much. Only reason this one's relevant was because everyone made a huge hypetrain about there being HS items in this month's.

I'm fine with it honestly. The coin/stress toy will look cool on my shelf with the rest of my gaming stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spending fifteen bucks for a mass-produced "loot crate" and your surprised you got rubbish in it?

What, did you think the promoters were going to generously open their wallets to give everyone top-quality swag worth more than they paid for?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I have no problem with people liking this stuff, some of it looks cool.

Personally though my house is already full of shit and I'm actively trying to reduce how much junk I own.

(But that's not going to really happen unless my wife stops being a hoarder)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't always a shirt. Watch the video!

The first (and only) crate I ever bought was the Adventure one, and while the shirt was pretty cool (was Link from Legend of Zelda), it just DESTROYED the box's budget and it had a bunch of tiny toys other than that. I didn't expect anything great from this box (except maybe a card back instead of 40 Classic dust... like at LEAST be a TGT pack!), but man I couldn't have imagined that the box would be this terrible. If it at least DID add a shirt to this random assortment of crap, I'd say it's an okay box, but no, there's no shirt to eat the budget this time, and as cute as the Pikachu hat is, I live in Florida, so it's just gonna sit in my closet for an eternity.
    In the Arcade box there is always a shirt, never got the Loot Crate though.

The coin is really solid. Like, it's my favorite thing. I'm gonna use it for all coin flips.

Best things on that crate is the Supernatural's Impala and Simpson Buddha.

I don't really understand what OP expected as "HS related"... a life-sized board? Sure. It just seems you expected way too much from what is a usually mediocre idea, used to get rid and make a profit out of surplus crap, made for other things, or simply out of popularity. You were just fooling yourself expecting something 'good' or exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Best things on that crate is the Supernatural's Impala and Simpson Buddha.

I don't really understand what OP expected as "HS related"... a life-sized board? Sure. It just seems you expected way too much from what is a usually mediocre idea, used to get rid and make a profit out of surplus crap, made for other things, or simply out of popularity. You were just fooling yourself expecting something 'good' or exclusive.
    The pokemon hat was rather solid too, even though I don't like pikachu! I mean, hats like that are usually like, $20 anyway.