Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I think few police with pistols on their belt is not as impressive, as military squad in combat gear, and wielding assault rifles. Might give these school shooters something else to think about.
    The students and faculty should be equipped with those too, that will really put on a stellar display of deterrence.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    What remains to be said? It keeps happening. And it will keep happening.
    Again.
    And again.
    And again.
    And again.
    Forever, until something changes.

Meanwhile a massive group of gunjunkies sit there, watching the reports on TV while polishing their guns, asking The Lawd how such tragedies could possibly ever be avoided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Background checks prevent people from buying illegal guns, I heard.
    No but it will save lives regardless.
    Mandatory 5 year jail sentence for owning an illegal firearm, 12 month grace period and allowing people to hand in illegal firearms to police stations for destruction. Won't solve lifes problems but its the first step to greatly reducing the mess that is America's gun culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg you Europeans and canadians really do need to truly back off and mind your own business. You have no idea...just what the media feeds you and your own warped beliefs of Murica is. According to these forums all Americans pack guns...all of us...every last one of us. According to these forums if "they" did background checks this would not happen. As a previous poster stated.....know how to get an illegal gun with absolutely no background check? never done it but I'm sure if I wanted one I could get it. "Don't sell guns to the mentally ill" how the hell do you look at someone and make that call? Get real. I'm sure if your countries had access to guns you would find the same problem, it's just that you guys use shit like knives and machetes and just hack each other to death....and that's better....right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    As a Canadian, I feel the same.

However, I think it's clear by now that nothing will come of this- or the next shooting, or the next. NRA, freedom, the wild west, political bribes and corruption, American stereotypes of 'mah guns'...whatever reason you want to blame, nothing will happen.

If you can't take away the easy accessibility to the 30 round (or more) 'assault weapons'... maybe the other extreme is the only option.

Arm the children. Maybe a gun in every classroom, with every student getting firearm training at age 12.

Couldn't make things worse at this point.
    Yeah to be honest I don't think there is any hope for America, the rest of us can do nothing but just sit back and eat popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm glad you made the distinction between school shooters and enemy combatants in a war zone.

I was confused about who you were talking about until then :P
    Now I'm just confused. /charthings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Have I missed all the post claiming we need better gun regulation without knowing how the shooting acquired the guns yet?

You know like the last few mass shootings we had where the background system the government has in place failed to properly flag the gun purchases?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're already politicizing this, I may as well throw in that Oregon is an open-carry state with no state permit or registration, and no assault weapon ban.

'course that's meaningless until we have more information about the shooter and his weapon. I just wanted to jump on the same knee-jerk train as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Omg you Europeans and canadians really do need to truly back off and mind your own business. You have no idea...just what the media feeds you and your own warped beliefs of Murica is. According to these forums all Americans pack guns...all of us...every last one of us. According to these forums if "they" did background checks this would not happen. As a previous poster stated.....know how to get an illegal gun with absolutely no background check? never done it but I'm sure if I wanted one I could get it. "Don't sell guns to the mentally ill" how the hell do you look at someone and make that call? Get real. I'm sure if your countries had access to guns you would find the same problem, it's just that you guys use shit like knives and machetes and just hack each other to death....and that's better....right?
    Basically, your argument boils down to:
    "We can't do it, so no one else can."

Except, said "no one else" have already been there and done it.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Have I missed all the post claiming we need better gun regulation without knowing how the shooting acquired the guns yet?

You know like the last few mass shootings we had where the background system the government has in place failed to properly flag the gun purchases?
    He probably picked it off the assault weapon trees. In America we have guns growing out of the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    Most school boards in the United States already have their own police forces, as I recall- some are even equipped with grenade launchers and military vehicles (APCs, Humvees etc.)
    Hahahahaha! Seriously? Where the hell do you get your information? The daily Mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    'course that's meaningless until we have more information about the shooter and his weapon. I just wanted to jump on the same knee-jerk train as everyone else.
    Like the last two mass shootings where the buyers SHOULD have been flagged as denials but the system failed?

The obviously answer is then, we need more laws and more systems!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You also missed the post where people point at 1st world countries where massacres don't happen on a monthly basis and how those countries, coincidently, don't have fetish for firearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your typical delusional American with no idea about facts, stats or the rest of the worlds successful gun control laws. Though really, its too late - enjoy your guns and enjoy your burgers.

Hahahahaha! Seriously? Where the hell do you get your information? The daily Mail?
    There are a few recorded cases of university police being handed down decommissioned MRAPs. I'll see if I can find an example.

Well, someone is shooting people - so obviously it is time to ban books, costumes, TV shows, kinder surprises, a flag or something ?

I mean if we keep banning something we MAY eventually work out what thing to BAN to have some helpful effect.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This is bad.

It can get worse if the shooter turns out to be muslim.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    You also missed the post where people point at 1st world countries where massacres don't happen on a monthly basis and how those countries, coincidently, don't have fetish for firearms.
    Oh you mean like your emotional plea because 0.00001% of our population died to a gun, so we should regulate the millions who lawfully own them?

BORING - been there done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shooter possibly posted to 4chan before the shooting. Not completely confirmed.

https://archive.moe/r9k/thread/22785073/
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You have huge military, place a squad or two patrolling in each school, and you'll get use out of the military. Should solve the security too
    People lost their shit when Jade Helm was happening and that was a training exercise. To have the military patrol like you suggested would cause a meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.