Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grindcore View Post
    I think people are getting a bit too specific to my reasoning, Point 1: The topic of cancer was just the spark of office conversation, I'm talking about an overall healthier species, and a grossly overpopulated world, it's my fault for specifically saying cure for cancer though so apologies. Point 2:
    I'm also saying it's our emotions that hold us back from this so things like "if you had cancer you wouldn't think this" are irrelevant without them
    Its always easy to say just kill them off until it hits home and its your mom, sister, girlfriend, daughter or whatever who gets the ticket.

And if you honestly think like that. Wouldnt it be better for humanity's survival in the long run if it was the smart people, not the physicly well developed people who got to survive?

If someone would want to prevent gene based weaknesses to certain diseases from spreading, the better, if more work intensive, solution would be to globally monitor peoples genome and if 2 ppl with "problem genes" would want a kid, they'd have to deliver an egg and semen, have a lab alter the problem gene(s) into a non/lower risk version and then return the now fertilized egg to the woman.

This solution however is an unrealistic one, as you can not monitor every single couple on the planet, let alone those that have sex with someone random because both of them are wasted. Not to mention the enormous social and financial impact this would have, global bankruptcy would be achieved sooner then the theoretical "solution" for gene defect caused illnesses.

You speak of overpopulation, but I wonder how much of an issue cancer is in those regions with the greatest population.

Most cancer is relatively slow. It's not generally aggressive enough to accomplish the cull you're aiming for. There are so many different kinds -- it just doesn't work the way you're describing, and the result would not be what you're imagining.

EDIT: Moving pasdt the limitation of cancer, I guess I'd say that I don't feel the world is grossly overpopulated at all. The world can support a great deal more of us - the planet, the animals, the plants. What limits us, so far as I can see, is the ridiculously few who have the wealth to protect and preserve humanity, but would simply prefer not to. I include most of the developed world in that, by the way, not just the top tenth of a percent of humanity's holders of wealth, though those select few hundred are the ones keeping the rest of us on our toes about "protecting what's ours."
    Last edited by Chirri; 2015-10-02 at 10:04 AM.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

not all cancers are passed through genetics you fuck nugget

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    You speak of overpopulation, but I wonder how much of an issue cancer is in those regions with the greatest population.

Most cancer is relatively slow. It's not generally aggressive enough to accomplish the cull you're aiming for. There are so many different kinds -- it just doesn't work the way you're describing, and the result would not be what you're imagining.
    That and today, the places where population growth is highest is where life expectancy is very low, sub-60 years. To slow pop growth today, we have to continue to address what's happening in the 3d world. Lack of access to education, family planning services and the like. Helping solve these things will hasten the demographic transition to small families.

You will sooner or later (or never ;.)) see that life itself and the whole evolution/survival thingy is shit.

But especially the young and the older dumbs cannot see it ... most of them have no time to think deeply about this stuff.

Deleted
    I don't even have words for YOUR words aka thoughts, how does it even pop up in your head...

We can start with you OP. You seem to have brain cancer in terminal phase.

Neither evolution nor society is designed to advance a species on the species level. Your "useless emotions" are also an evolved response, which exist for a reason.
    Additionally... not all disease factors are genetic. This would just be pointlessly cruel.

Deleted
    They took me for a monster but all hypothetical.../cough, your thoughts?
    You're not a monster, just blindingly ignorant on what cancer is and also possibly a narcistic fool with no vision for the future, you might get cancer one day, should the doctors let you die?

Cancer is not solely genetic.. at least it hasn't yet been proven to be genetic only.. Your theory would do nothing more than free up hospital beds.

The amount of money that gets thrown at cancer research.. there should be a cure. We are finding cures for random and inconsequential things, and yet the most funded research for a disease worldwide.. turning up nothing.

there is no such thing as over population, earth can easily take another 4-5 billion, ppl just need to accept a different standard of living.

i mean the entire worlds population fits into a space about the size of rhode island. (source) that leaves ample living room, taking up things like under water farming, desert farming, insect farming plenty of ways to overcome shortages.

I don't know where ppl get this bullshit idea that we are on the brink of capacity from. lets face it the OPs entire point rests of the fact that he thinks hes running out of ball bag room when he sits down.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-10-02 at 10:11 AM.

Cancer hits late on in life, their genes have still been passed on.

We may find better treatments to get rid of cancer once it's there, but I don't think we can truly prevent it. It's a mutation, and we probably need that to be able to continue evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    there is no such thing as over population, earth can easily take another 4-5 billion, ppl just need to accept a different standard of living.

i mean the entire worlds population fits into a space about the size of rhode island. (source) that leaves ample living room, taking up things like under water farming, desert farming, insect farming plenty of ways to overcome shortages.

I don't know where ppl get this bullshit idea that we are on the brink of capacity from. lets face it the OPs entire point rests of the fact that he thinks hes running out of ball bag room when he sits down.
    It would need to be split up then, people who have lots of kids over here <----------------, people that only have as many as they can afford over here ----------->.

You don't want the movie Equilibrium to actually be our real future, OP.

I suddenly threw a couple of them off course by telling them there was infact a cure, let them die.
    They were probably thrown by the stupidity. Cancer is a genetic level problem but honestly very few cancers are actually inherited from parents. You can't just get rid of all mutation through selective breeding. Biology doesn't work that way.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saichotick View Post
    You don't want the movie Equilibrium to actually be our real future, OP.
    If it was done in a better way I wouldn't mind it.

Cancer is a mutation of cells which can happen totally out of the blue, with no family history. As can many other major terminal diseases. "Letting them die" isn't now, and never will be a cure for those diseases as a whole, sure they'll technically cure that one person, but there will be a thousand others who are just unlucky enough to develop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Cancer hits late on in life, their genes have still been passed on.
    My 34 year old wife with Cholangiocarcinoma would argue the "hits late on in life" point with you. As would the several people in their twenties she's met with the disease, all of whom will die within about five years tops with our current research. Perfectly healthy people who suddenly have this genetic mutation that kills itself. The irony of her situation was that she just finished getting her RN to work in oncology also.

You're a retard that thinks he knows what hes talking about.
    Are you some anti-social autistic fuck or something? Geez.