Im lost - any guides that will help me catch up?

Hi everyone, the last time I played this game seriously and raided and did arena's was back in LK. All expansions after that I purchased, leveled a character to max level, got bored and quit until the next expansion. I did the same with this one, rushed a hunter to 100 out of the gates, got extremely bored of the garrison and quit. I just bought a 60 day game card and want to get back in the game but with so many changes since the beginning of this expansion I have no idea the best way to get a character ready to raid for whats left of this expansion. Here is my character list:

lvl 100 Human Hunter
    lvl 90 Orc Hunter
    lvl 90 Human Rogue
    lvl 90 Tauren Paladin
    lvl 88 Undead Mage
    lvl 66 Undead Priest
    lvl 60 Tauren Druid

I am not sure which character to start back up with and how to go about understanding what to do after I hit lvl 100 to get gear. Professions have changed so much I barely get them and what use they have. On my hunter, I had skinning/LW but made my first 3 pieces of gear and realized that was all I was allowed to equip on him. So any help, advice or directions to well written guides that will help me through this process would be appreciated. My goal is to get a toon ready for the final raid of the expansion.

Anyone with any advice or point me in the right direction?

Q: Are you max level with the ilvl for LFR?

A: congratulations here is your endgame, que for LFR

Its no different than its been since the end of cataclysm. You get some gear in LFR and hope theres a normal group with a free spot. Unless you pvp its that or grind mobs to fill rep bars. This late in the expansion the proffession gear and the massive time gate daily grinds to make a single thing make it largely pointless. Its LFR or nothing for the current pve endgame.

The raid scene is dieing extremely quickly, so you picked a terrible time to re-invest in WoW

Tanaan Jungle is the default way to get geared up. Baleful gear (650 ilvl) drops like candy, and has a chance to be upgraded to epic (675). For 20,000 apexis you can upgrade a baleful piece further (695). Doing all the dailies and apexis zones will grant you one of those upgrade tokens once every two days. Can fill every slot with baleful except non weapon offhands.

You just missed the timewalker event, but its an incredibly easy way to get a bunch of 675 gear. The first timewalker of the week will grant you 500+ badges, which you can turn in for several pieces of 675 gear that go for 10-50 badges each.

Do Kazzak weekly for a chance at 705 gear and felblight, which can be used to upgrade crafted gear top 715 ilvl, or sold for 100-200g each.

My recently dinged alts didn't touch LFR for gear, only to progress the legendary quest line. Baleful gear pretty much renders LFR gear obsolete.

Once 680-685 ish you can start trying for normal HFC. Won't be easy until you get to 690 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Q: Are you max level with the ilvl for LFR?

A: congratulations here is your endgame, que for LFR

Its no different than its been since the end of cataclysm. You get some gear in LFR and hope theres a normal group with a free spot. Unless you pvp its that or grind mobs to fill rep bars. This late in the expansion the proffession gear and the massive time gate daily grinds to make a single thing make it largely pointless. Its LFR or nothing for the current pve endgame.
    I came back to MoP late, and this is a 100% accurate description of how it was then. Finish LFR and then nothing really to do that was worth doing, because it was over. There was some grindable PvP gear that had high ilvls too, I think. No clue if that's still possible.
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Tanaan Jungle is the default way to get geared up. Baleful gear (650 ilvl) drops like candy, and has a chance to be upgraded to epic (675). For 20,000 apexis you can upgrade a baleful piece further (695). Doing all the dailies and apexis zones will grant you one of those upgrade tokens once every two days. Can fill every slot with baleful except non weapon offhands.

You just missed the timewalker event, but its an incredibly easy way to get a bunch of 675 gear. The first timewalker of the week will grant you 500+ badges, which you can turn in for several pieces of 675 gear that go for 10-50 badges each.

Do Kazzak weekly for a chance at 705 gear and felblight, which can be used to upgrade crafted gear top 715 ilvl, or sold for 100-200g each.

My recently dinged alts didn't touch LFR for gear, only to progress the legendary quest line. Baleful gear pretty much renders LFR gear obsolete.

Once 680-685 ish you can start trying for normal HFC. Won't be easy until you get to 690 though.
    All of this basically.

Also there seems to be a slim chance for rares to drop the 695 upgrade token, and the 695 upgrade tokens are BoA, so you can use your most geared toon to farm them for alts if you want.

Although I believe the timewalker event should still be going until tomorrow?

Yeah, timewalkers are still there, my mistake.

I dinged 100 on this toon last Sunday 9/27 (currently 685) .. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/nerfy/simple

If you have gold and want to power level you can use Champion's Honor for 1000 conquest / honor a hit. They are about 10k a piece though. Admittedly I used 3 on my druid to boost to the 7250 conquest requirement.

1) Get TomTom and Paste from Curse

2) Input coordinates for Artifact Fragments in Ashran .. http://www.wowhead.com/currency=944/...nts:id=2061231

3) 670 can be achieved in as little as a couple hours (Druid + Flight book off rare = ultra fast for example). Entirely depends on class. Stealthies have it the best.

4) Get your weekly ashran quest done for a free ilvl 700

Other suggestion ... figure out how to join Hydra / Avenger Ashran once you have a full set of honor gear.

Then work on your end game via LFR and other suggestions made.

Good luck

Farm honor in Ashran by collecting and turning in artifact fragments. Do events when possible for the boxes that can contain gear.

Honor gear is ilvl 670 in PvE.

Once your gear is good enough, open up Tanaan and do the dailies there. You will get tokens that can be turned into ilvl 650 items, and the Apexis Crystals you get can be used to buy a thing that upgrades these items to ilvl 695 (keep the same secondary stat ratios).

Do Proving Ground and start the legendary chain. This will involve one normal and four heroic 5 mans.

Get your garrison working so you can do work orders that help legendary chain drops. Farm previous tier LFR for drops. Get your shipyard working; this also gives legendary drops.

Find a raiding guild that is doing normal mode HFC and try to tag along for the first few bosses at least. They will likely be tossing out most drops, so free loot for you.

There is almost no reason to do LFR except for the legendary chain items/quests.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Level your mage, then main your mage or hunter. You are guaranteed to be top-tier and desired in raids.

Don't PvP at all in WoD.